Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "Oh no! Class flavor! I HATE IT"
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

The casting part looks awesome. The transition to the "cast finished" animation is kinda abrupt though, but that's been the case for new caster animations from 7.3 as well...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh my god!

I love that animation!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it... Mine is way brighter than picture 2.
    Yours is definitely not "way brighter" than the second image, because mine isn't. Here's a screenshot I took just for you right after I read your comment (I even transmogged and got a haircut, for consistency's sake):

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
    Yours is definitely not "way brighter" than the second image, because mine isn't. Here's a screenshot I took just for you right after I read your comment (I even transmogged and got a haircut, for consistency's sake):

Was just in to check, apparently haven't used the spell since around 6.3 (according to raid banter), and aye, it is dimmed. My apologies.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I was totally in the same space yesterday leveling my paladin. "The holy artifact gets a book on his belt but the book is never used for anything".

Could you imagine holy shock having something like this combined with the direct cast?
    I've been dying for a holy bitchslap for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    Well, i'm not the only that has seen the treatment Holy Priests got recently... right ? Their new spell animations look, disjointed, broken, buggy and flat out ridiculous. I really do not wish for the same fate for my animations. That is all. I don't know why you people think that i'm angry ? Usually anger is expressed in a very different way.
    I'm disagreeing with you on both points. First: I think that holy priest animations are just so awesome, I can't even express that, they are the only reason I'm leveling priest alt right now and I can't stop to cast heals just to watch animations. And I think that holy paladin book animation is very fitting with paladin style, I like it. And I really hope that LoD and other spells would be changed, currently it's very lame animation.

But if there are glyphs returning old animations, why not, choice is good.

Deleted
    The easiest way to do correct animations would be to limit the choice of weapons available.
    But it seems people disliked that idea in Legion.

If Holy Paladins *have* to use a book-offhand and a big hammer, it would be easier to design spells and to give everything a unique animation that would actually pretty much always fit.

*cough* FF14 *cough*

And make Flash of Light a speck of light launched very fast from caster's hands like from a rail gun.
    Like Zenyatta's Orb or Right click.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolef View Post
    Looks cool, only complaint I have is that the pages go one way and the hand motion goes the opposite way? Like isn't the hand motion what makes the pages turn? How are the hand motion going against the pages lol
    This was my thought also.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not bad but I understand what your saying OP.

For example when Legion released, they totally wrecked all the awesome Female Orc animations, specifically the 2h ones.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Utterly disgusting. Paladins used to be a beautiful class

Quote Originally Posted by Zolef View Post
    Looks cool, only complaint I have is that the pages go one way and the hand motion goes the opposite way? Like isn't the hand motion what makes the pages turn? How are the hand motion going against the pages lol
    It actually is moving in the correct direction. Check it again. The only time the hand motion is opposite to the pages is when you are bringing your hand back around for a second motion. But that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    As a fellow pink paladin since the free boost in MOP, I agree - fuck that new Holy Light Abomination - we should just continue shooting light out of our ass damnit

Well not to worry. The new Holy Light animation has been removed as of this morning.

"omg change: I must hate it." lmao

This is a million times better than the current garbage animation.

I really like the change tbh. Paladins animation have had a lack of flair for some time now and it's nice to see Blizzard working on this (the new animation for templar's verdict is a welcome addition too).

Let's hope all Paladins specs get a full rework (where it's needed) of their animations (especially the wings and divine storm for Ret).

How can you guys like an animation where the paladin - the front-line, melee, warrior-priest - magics a book out of nowhere in the middle of combat, holds it in one hand like a dunce, flips through it for no reason without looking at it while waving one arm around, and then magics the book away again? And then he magics it back again the next moment? Shit's fucking retarded and about as far from the allegedly important class fantasy as you can get. If you're gonna add flavor to the casting animations at least do something that tries to make sense.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Finally removed, there is still hope for blizzard.

Now give ret their old divine storm and judgement animations back too.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    How can you guys like an animation where the paladin - the front-line, melee, warrior-priest - magics a book out of nowhere in the middle of combat, holds it in one hand like a dunce, flips through it for no reason without looking at it while waving one arm around, and then magics the book away again? And then he magics it back again the next moment? Shit's fucking retarded and about as far from the allegedly important class fantasy as you can get. If you're gonna add flavor to the casting animations at least do something that tries to make sense.
    Because that's how it's supposed to look? Go play warcraft 3...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Supposed to look? When it hasn't looked like that during 14 years of WoW?

Oh, and this is not warcraft 3.