Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yo are never going to be able to reliably group with a bunch of randoms and have them preform optimally. There will be flaws in pugs. The solution, as discovered in 2004, is to group with people you know.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    People can buy anything worth buying with gold considering gold itself can be traded for real money in reverse.

Ahah you are very naive. I see.
    What? You'd need week upon week of pay2win to get to somewhere like Mythic ilvl, status, acheivements and so on. And usually that gold you use to buy shit on AH is 1 slot out of like 16. The way it's designed now, that 1 slot won't carry you. And the highest ilvl on a normal piece of gear is 1000, which you only get in a drop from a boss so yeah...

Unless you pay third services to boost you, where is 1 run gonna make you any better? It will take hundreds and RNG gods to make it so. Even if you pay third part services for real cash, you're not cheating anyone because you have loot and even then you could get nothing. Even if you pay by gold, you're not really gonna out do the people who raid Mythic indefinitely. Which by and large are the PVE paragon.
    As for PVP again you need to pay2win a fuck ton to keep up with the masses, even then top Prestige level of 25 is fucking MILES off and tons of money, with Arena it's because again people dabble aren't as good as the booster. But even then, it's like a game every so often and tit for tat. Most people get the achievements/vanity items then fuck off.

So where is the pay2win element? Because it's all self bias with a completion point unless you're a fucking millionaire, you really not thought about it.

The way they tackled the third party elements largely, which most stole gold for just spending and/or subscriptions was eaten up by WoW going right "We're doing it as official means by ourselves". It screwed gold farmers in a jiffy.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-03-02 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    That's not how pay to win works my dear.

Pay to win is buying items that are by no other means available in the game other than in a shop gated by irl currency.

Learn the official definitions please, you might get educated on the subject.
    Oh you're the scholar type. Please enlighten us on the official definition of p2w and who has got the authority to make such definitions hmnnn mr education

Deleted
    That's not how pay to win works my dear.

Pay to win is buying items that are by no other means available in the game other than in a shop gated by irl currency.

Learn the official definitions please, you might get educated on the subject.
    Alright then, its Pay for advantage. Its still cheating the game and everyone playing it. It should not exist in a Pay 2 Play game full stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    "Any multiplayer game that has purchase-able items/abilities/bonuses that give you in-game advantage over other players is pay to win in my book."
    Which is exactly what allowing the purchase of boosts and gold does.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    What? You'd need week upon week of pay2win to get to somewhere like Mythic ilvl, status, acheivements and so on. And usually that gold you use to buy shit on AH is 1 slot out of like 16. The way it's designed now, that 1 slot won't carry you. And the highest ilvl on a normal piece of gear is 1000, which you only get in a drop from a boss so yeah...

Unless you pay third services to boost you, where is 1 run gonna make you any better? It will take hundreds and RNG gods to make it so. Even if you pay third part services for real cash, you're not cheating anyone because you have loot and even then you could get nothing. Even if you pay by gold, you're not really gonna out do the people who raid Mythic indefinitely. Which by and large are the PVE paragon.
    As for PVP again you need to pay2win a fuck ton to keep up with the masses, even then top Presitge level of 25 is fucking MILES off and tons of money. Most people get the achievements then fuck off.

So where is the pay2win element? Because it's all self bias with a completion point unless you're a fucking millionaire, you really not thought about it.
    Log in and check chat, if there isn't anyone during a 5 min window selling mythic+ boosts come back and tell me I'm retarded..

Then think to yourself and go hrmmmmmmmmmmmm (long and hard) why would there be so many people selling boosts if nobody is buying
    Last edited by tikcol; 2018-03-02 at 01:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I am against the practice but how is this a problem for you?

Do other people that get boosted for payment have an effect on your experience in the game?
    Cheapens the accomplishment, thought that was kind of obvious. And it makes it harder to tell if people are good at the game, or just paid for the ability to pretend.

By way of the Token system, Blizzard has sneakily facilitated a pay to win system without needing to take the blame for it. We let level boosts slide because hitting cap was no longer considered winning, but when you can use real money to buy gold, then just turn around and buy mythic antorus clears with then i I think we're getting fairly close to a pay2win situation here.

There's also the rampant spamming when 3/4 of every post in tradechat and atleast half the group posts on the LFG tool are ads for boosting going 24/7, somehow always being 15 minutes from pulling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    Ofc you can, if he is geard and knows tactics then thats a straightforward conclusion regarding that player.
    We are talking about third party services, where everybodu technically can use their irl money to get boosted, somewhere where no other guild would boost you ONLY for gold.
    re-read what I wrote cause you are not understanding my point.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Boosts and gold buying can only get you so far, and does not give you an unfair advantage.. And by unfair advantage I mean where you can enter into the game and be able to one shot other players, because you have bought items from the developers store such as armor and weapons that are seriously OP and can not be had in the game..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-03-02 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Wait til vanilla comes out and you will see the boosting services really bloom up, especially with naxx

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gold can only buy gear up to 985, just like any player can obtain.

Pay to win store-item examples:
    Itemlevel 1200 items.
    Heirlooms with 100% xp bonus.
    500% mounts.

Deleted
    Oh you're the scholar type. Please enlighten us on the official definition of p2w and who has got the authority to make such definitions hmnnn mr education
    That is the official definition of pay to win.

It's the official marketing term, which you know, if I didn't know that, I wouldn't have had a masters degree in marketing.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-03-02 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Boosts and gold buying can only get you so far, and does not give you an unfair advantage..
    Largely true, however Blizzard themselves allow the boosting of chars through dungeons for gold effectively allowing almost anything in game purchasable through this means. I personally hate it and for me, one of the best reasons to have a subscription fee is to avoid this sort of crap and have a completely level playing field for all.

Deleted
    Largely true, however Blizzard themselves allow the boosting of chars through dungeons for gold effectively allowing almost anything in game purchasable through this means. I personally hate it and for me, one of the best reasons to have a subscription fee is to avoid this sort of crap and have a completely level playing field for all.
    Every game in the world, allows boosting via in game currency, it's not just wow, it's wildstar, it's star wars, even in arpg games there's boosting.

It's not really a problem, and it doesn't really need fixing either, and it couldn't even be fixed if they tried, sure they could remove tokens from the shop, but then people would use goldsellers even more. It's the reason why the token was added in the first place, to make profits and giving players the option to buy it legally without risk of account actions, or to buy it from a gold seller and risk account actions.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-03-02 at 01:54 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Largely true, however Blizzard themselves allow the boosting of chars through dungeons for gold effectively allowing almost anything in game purchasable through this means..
    Loot trading is a big factor in boosts but even if you removed that, the boosts to the actual boss kills won't stop.

Buying boosts / gear / experience, with gold is basicly just paying for someone's time, not really pay to win.

Before Method killed Mythic Argus, nobody could sell Argus Mythic boosts, the content has to be cleared, and overgearing normal/heroic due to multiple difficulties makes boosting more possible... same goes for 840+ items for level 101 "twinks".
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-02 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Gold can only buy gear up to 985, just like any player can obtain.

Pay to win store-item examples:
    Itemlevel 1200 items.
    Heirlooms with 100% xp bonus.
    500% mounts.
    Yes obtained through playing the game over hours, not by logging in to a shop.

You stink of denial. Anyone can reach engame and have endgame gear by paying moneys. There is no more pay2win than that.
    "Denial". You don't seem to know what that word really means. "Pay2win" is not "reaching the endgame", especially considering that, after you reach the "endgame", there's still a long road ahead. That's not "wining".

And again, just because some players go against the rules to offer boosting for real life money, does not qualify the game as "pay2win". First, because it's against the rules; and second, you're not "winning" anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Denial". You don't seem to know what that word really means. "Pay2win" is not "reaching the endgame", especially considering that, after you reach the "endgame", there's still a long road ahead. That's not "wining".

And again, just because some players go against the rules to offer boosting for real life money, does not qualify the game as "pay2win". First, because it's against the rules; and second, you're not "winning" anything.
    Nope, selling boosts is legal. People use gold not real $$$$

You lost the argument right there buddy

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    But that still does not give that player an unfair advantage, as they are still only gaining items that anyone in game can get.. The unfair advantage comes when they purchase armor/weapons and so on that are way and above superior, and can not be had from playing the game..

Case in point is say for example the best items in game are say item level 980, and have alright stats.. Now the person who has the money can go to the developers store and buy armor/weapons and so on that are lets say item level 1500 to 2000 and have the best stats, and make that player pretty much invincible.. That is the unfair advantage pay 2 win usually entails..

In fact some of the worst offenders of doing things like this is Starwars Battle Front 2 and Destiny 2 among many many other games out there..

Deleted
    Every game in the world, allows boosting via in game currency, it's not just wow, it's wildstar, it's star wars, even in arpg games there's boosting.

It's not really a problem, and it doesn't really need fixing either, and it couldn't even be fixed if they tried, sure they could remove tokens from the shop, but then people would use goldsellers even more. It's the reason why the token was added in the first place, to make profits and giving players the option to buy it legally without risk of account actions, or to buy it from a gold seller and risk account actions.
    Yes and the principle reason why gold sellers are banned is because its cheating. The argument that its a safe way of purchasing gold without the threat of action against your account is a bit weak when its Blizzard themselves taking the action.
    I would prefer the removed tokens rather than the company responsible for game integrity allowing the game integrity to be forgotten when theres money to be made.