Poll: Do you support world PvP

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Why do PvP servers exist?
    They exist for this.
    They are the thing of the past, the concept that hardly ever worked in this game. That's why they're getting replaced w/ PvP shards and all realms become "Normal" and "RP".

Didnt you grow up on the warcraftmovies era? With all the movies about world pvp?
    Yes and i was a complete scrub. Then I learned to play the game and recognised the importance of gear, among other things like spec and mechanical skill.

When you rewatch a video by vurtne you'll see hes just farming terrible keyboard turning players on the strongest spec in vanilla by far. The players with good gear that he faces are again only those that his class vastly out shines 1v1 - like warriors. Not only do mages stomp them 1v1 in vanilla, but he has the advantage of infinite kiting space. He gives himself the most advantages possible because thats what bad players like to enjoy; 1 guy killing 4, or 1 guy killing another with no gear on.

The magic of warcraft movies dies fast when you hit around 2,000 rating and start learning how to play your class and just how hard countered some things can be. Again, a frost mage in vanilla could easily handle 4 terrible warriors.

It's like a random encounter in your daily life routine. It spices things up a bit.
    Thats the thing though. People like you don't randomly wpvp. You leave dalaran with the intent to go and find people to gank and call it wpvp. You always get the opener, always giving yourself a massive advantage. You always have your cooldowns up, always giving yourself a massive advantage etc etc etc
    Last edited by Sliske; 2018-03-02 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I think you mean Tol'Barad, not Isle of Quel'Danas. Isle of Quel'Danas was never about territory control. All dailies were open for everybody, of either factions. Meanwhile, for Tol'Barad, you needed to control Tol'Barad to not only do the raid boss in the Tol'Barad instance, but also to have a access to six other dailies in the zone.
    No I literally mean Isle of Quel'Danas, we're talking about world pvp, not a fake BG that is just not instanced. People literally fought for the island to do their dailies, it was not planned territory controle made by Blizzard rules, it was raw natural war, it was the fucking best. People fought not for a reward decided by Blizzard, they fought for the land, to conquer and hear the lamentation of the women.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Yeah totally agree Isle of Quel’danas was how it should be. That’s the real motivating factor for world pvp...I need to do something, it would be easier to do if half the people weren’t stealing loot. Let’s take half of my guys and kill them.

But to be honest I feel like is blizz made another daily area like this, no one would kill each other.
    It's not worth it, everybody gets credit from all the mobs now it's stupid as fuck. Back then you had to kill people otherwise they would tag the mobs you need and you would be there for 3 weeks to finish DAILIES lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    No I literally mean Isle of Quel'Danas, we're talking about world pvp, not a fake BG that is just not instanced. People literally fought for the island to do their dailies, it was not planned territory controle made by Blizzard rules, it was raw natural war, it was the fucking best. People fought not for a reward decided by Blizzard, they fought for the land, to conquer and hear the lamentation of the women.
    Again, I think you mean Tol'Barad. Because up until mid-Wrath I leveled in a PvP server and doing dailies was never an issue in Quel'Danas, at least on my server, nor have I ever heard of Quel'Danas ever being such a thing, so I guess it was your server, only. There were never any "raw natural war" or anything of the sort. Sure, there were the gankers killing players who just want to do dailies, but that was on both sides. Neither side has ever "dominated" Quel'Danas.

5+ Year Old Account
    I used to like WPvP, but it's been broken af since Cata at least, when devs decided that tanks and healers ought to be outright invincible 1v1. And it's (much) worse now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again, I think you mean Tol'Barad. Because up until mid-Wrath I leveled in a PvP server and doing dailies was never an issue in Quel'Danas, at least on my server, nor have I ever heard of Quel'Danas ever being such a thing, so I guess it was your server, only. There were never any "raw natural war" or anything of the sort. Sure, there were the gankers killing players who just want to do dailies, but that was on both sides. Neither side has ever "dominated" Quel'Danas.
    On your server maybe. On my server it was vietnam. There was literally more PvP on Quel'Danas than in Tol Barad, I'm not even exaggerating (may have changed server in between I can't remember). You're talking about your experience and I'm talking about mine lol, we didn't play on the same server, it's not the same everywhere, there's no sex show in every Goldshire, just on Moonguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Its hilarious watching these 'wpvpers' targeting everyone in a w quest area to check who is lowest HP. I can't remember the last time someone attacked my 6.7m hp holy paladin, 10m hp prot paladin or 6.2m hp ret paladin.

No, they go for the easy pickins because getting two shot by a healer doesn't inflate 12 year olds' egos. But two shotting a guy who dinged 30 minutes ago apparently does LUL

Nothing satisfies me more than holy shocking one of these retards for their entire hp bar
    Best of all is that sometimes I meet let's say two people, both under 5M HPs and they decide to attack me, 6,3M HPs shadow priest. Fortunately it's not 5+5 = 10 and 10>6,3.

I don't meet many people trying to attack me first, but my friend recently hit max level and he gets ganked on Argus every few minutes. WPvP at its finest.

7+ Year Old Account
    back to ya caves so you can gank your own low level people

The only thing World PvP needs back is WorldDefenseChannel.

No idea why Blizzard is being so stubborn in adding that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Isle of Quel'Danas was the best world PvP. It was for territory, the side who won got to do their dailies, the side who lost effectively lost their time which is the whole point of winning and losing, the losers needs to lose something instead of be like in BGs where they stuill get something, that's completely fucking stupid and backward, catering to shitters instead of promoting the right thing, and the right thing is performance.
    You know, the sad thing is all that blizztards do nowadays is catering to bad players, trivializing everything for them and making every player equal. Even something like gold making has been trivialised with introduction of gold missions at order halls/garrisons so that everybody was more or less equal in this aspect. There is no way they're going to change that approach unless the game gets to the point near pulling the plug. The true spirit of the genre died probably with the end of MoP, though some argue with TBCs end.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    You know, the sad thing is all that blizztards do nowadays is catering to bad players, trivializing everything for them and making every player equal. Even something like gold making has been trivialised with introduction of gold missions at order halls/garrisons so that everybody was more or less equal in this aspect. There is no way they're going to change that approach unless the game gets to the point near pulling the plug. The true spirit of the genre died probably with the end of MoP, though some argue with TBCs end.
    True but stil lmany of these aspects don't really matter. Other than getting your epic mount in vanilla and first flying in TBC, there has not been any real use to gold. People buy gear that gets replaced quickly and enchants they could just do by themselves. Other than the 2 mounts there has never been any vital need for a huge amount of gold. People literally use their gold to just make more gold, lol, it's pointless. You get to buy things you don't need, that's it, so I don't really care.

Deleted
    One of my fond memories was a pvp encounter against a "skull level" Horde against me and a low level friend.
    We were both level 30 against a Orc shull level.
    Both of us were able to kill him

Ofcourse this was a time when low levels had a chance against high levels. There wasnt much difference unless they were twinks.
    This was in Burning Crusade.

10+ Year Old Account
    You almost never see someone who is interested in any real competition doing world PvP.

Its all about ambushing someone, and essentially griefing them. In vanilla you had players being ambushed on their way to a dungeon or a raid, where unsuspecting players get 1-2 shotted, and didn't have the time to react, because they're view distance sucked, their computer sucked, or they were still on 56k dial up.

Not much has changed today, those that took to primarily doing PvP in legion did so because they could roflstomp people due to normalizing gear.

Even objective based world pvp has always seen limited participation/interest.

Deleted
    @A dot Ham
    It's not really griefing when both players decided to play on a PvP server.
    The entire reason why someone plays on a PvP server is because they want to live in a dangerous world with danger at every corner.
    World PvP makes the world feel alive and the players are the ones responsible for that.

Im really sad the "era" of world pvp movies is dead. Those were great times

The entire reason why someone plays on a PvP server is because they want to live in a dangerous world with danger at every corner.
    My first character was on a pvp server entirely because thats where my friends were already playing. I had to server transfer to a normal server to hit max lvl before transferring back just to play with them because the lvling process was nothing but being camped by max lvl players.

As soon as my friends stopped playing i bailed on that server and never looked back. To this day i still hate pvp in all its forms, especially world pvp because it is never a fair fight.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2018-03-03 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The phasing pvp stuff with extra rewards for doing things in the world will probably help a lot with this case, and tbh I don't think it needs more.

World pvp almost always came down to engaging in unfair fight, ganking low levels and people who just want to finish their quests/fishing/whatever in peace. I'll never support this.

However, being around likeminded people, who want to get into random fights on even grounds seems a lot more appealing. I'll probably actually use that when I'm in the right mood from time to time.
    This. Blizz is giving world PvPers what they keep saying they want: support, a dangerous world, and competition. Time to prove whether you can hack it when everyone who's flagged is interested in throwing down or whether world PvP will go the way of the twinks: vanished as soon as they could no longer effortlessly steamroll people once they were given their own playground like they said they wanted.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The era of wPvP movies died as soon as the era of PvP vids from arenas and, to a much lesser extent, BGs started. Watching wPvP videos was like watching someone play on easy, it's no longer engaging in comparison.

Since TBC people have got two options, to watch vids of either more or less skilled people playing doing some cool stuff against more or less skilled people (arena PvP) or more or less skilled people attacking a target dummy (wPvP), people chose the former.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-03-03 at 02:33 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I liked wPvP, and I dabbled in it from time to time, but always against folks of my level. Those pansies who know no better than to slaughter lowbies 24/7 can frankly DIAF.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    World pvp died cause its bad.
    why do yo uthink world pvp dissapeared in vanilla once bgs were added? because its better, world pvp is 100% just "Ok that dude is distracted killing 2 mobs, time to kill him well he is at 50% HP"
    or
    "That dude is just trying to mine, time to fuck over his whole day"

also super cringy art doesent help... like im all for some memes but come on... its just cringy dude, to a whole new level
    like its so fucking bad... its so bad...
    It's based off his avatar....

But yeah, "world" PVP just amounts to ganking. Every World PVP game(DAoC, GW2, Shadowbane, Ultima Online, ESO, etc) inevitably suffer from population issues. People don't like losing, and so it's easier to switch sides than it is to fight an uphill battle. And the only way to mitigate that is to institute a catch-up mechanic, which also inevitably isn't good enough.

The only game that I have seen successfully pull of world PVP is EVE online, and that's because THE ENTIRE GAME is PVP at every level, and it's combined with the only rules being "Don't exploit the code of the game".

To to inject PVP into a game which is 99.9999% otherwise PVE is a mistake. Trying to force PVE players into PVP is a mistake. Trying to even mix PVP and PVE players is a mistake, because the mindset is completely different.

"World PvP" aka Ganking lowbies...

May you pansies be left behind.