Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I find the tank ones are actually the hardest to outgear. I got Veng/Blood done so far. But man it's like... you just can't get knocked off. Doesn't matter what your ilevel is. The only real benefit is you can get through the phases quicker.
    This is my thought exactly. Classes with charges/leaps have a significant advantage in my opinion. I had an annoyingly difficult time with Blood/Brew and a surprisingly easy time with Guardian/Veng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    He always did that, but it interrupts the cast for a while, allowing you longer time to dps, and I think it skips straight into phase 4. Either way it's really useful.
    Yes that is what it used to do and what I tried before the patch hit. He will flee, but his cast won't be cancelled so phase 2 isn't skipped anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    Yes that is what it used to do and what I tried before the patch hit. He will flee, but his cast won't be cancelled so phase 2 isn't skipped anymore.
    Either way, this basically made the encounter so much easier. Got it on the first try that MC did it's thing (cast it while Raest is casting the spell to trap Karem). I was unable to damage Karem in the next "phase" but SoC works wonders on Raest with so many adds right on top of him. Switched to Doomguard, had to kill maybe one Hand and 2 runes.

MM on the other hand is still draining my will to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Make a focus macro for concussive shot, keeping Karam as focus.

Use your traps and imo wyvern sting. What I did was frost trap or sting Karam when the hand spawned, switch hard to the hand and obliterate it.
    Lining up Piercing shot to hit Karam or Raest through the adds can do massive damage and the same is true with proper use of explosive shot.
    I know some guides suggest you use the crows but I went for barrage, it clears up the small adds. Between barrage and tar trap you should be able to keep them under control without forcing you to use binding shot (and thus letting you take a breather by using wyvern sting on Karam). If you are not really comfortable with this spec (I wasn't, didn't much play it before trying the challenge), I'd sit at the dummy for a while to get the flow of doing damage with it.

Imo MM is the spec with the widest toolbox available that counters every mechanic in this fight.

Ty for all that - I just got it! 1st try of the morning.

Karem was never the problem for me (well, once I figured out that jump shooting wasnt gonna work for me). Sometimes I'd mess up or get greedy and he'd kill me, but usually I was dying to runes, or to adds as I tried to get to runes. On my kill i was lucky i guess, the rune wasnt overwhelmed when it spawned. I did go Binding, and used that to stay safe while I soaked the rune and popped my Drums.

The other thing is, Bear Tartare is basically a must-have on this. Once i started using that I never didn't get to P5.

106th try is a charm, as they say (or do they lol). God I'm psyched right now.

My raid team is crap so we cannot do Mythic so really the most psyched I've gotten in Legion was these challenges. I was so happy when I did the prot paladin and warrior, I had to get up and move around for a bit
    Yeah for a player like myself, these are kind of an endgame. I love/hate them lol.

Since I generally tank, I had played to get it on all tank speccs. Then I looked at them and decided, I'll just get it on bear, monk, warrior and paladin. Got bear and monk, then the end of the expansion "meh" feeling kicked in, so don't have the willpower to gear up and do the shield wielders.

May slowly force myself to finish off the paladin before the mage tower goes away , cause flail. Unless some major reworks head the warriors way for bfa... motivation is low.
    Last edited by Kuhnta; 2018-03-03 at 03:02 PM.

Whelp just got Outlaw (YAY! That's an awesome one for sure). Abused consumables/CC Buffs to Hell and back for this, and didn't feel bad about it at all.

Then wandered in on Unholy, just a Flask and Food to take a look at it and 1 Shotted it. Wow that one is easy compared to Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Whelp just got Outlaw (YAY! That's an awesome one for sure). Abused consumables/CC Buffs to Hell and back for this, and didn't feel bad about it at all.

Then wandered in on Unholy, just a Flask and Food to take a look at it and 1 Shotted it. Wow that one is easy compared to Rogue.
    I've gone through all the Agatha ones now, and Outlaw was by far the worst because it was the only one that was challenging. The ones with strong toolkits to take care of the adds (ele shaman, fire mage, unholy dk, feral druid w/ brutal slash and boomkin range talent) all felt like cake walks. Fury war mostly easy too but felt much worse off than those 4.

A lot of my alts out geared attempts by people back in tomb (920ish ilvl albeit no tier and subpar trinkets) but I have also found that, to at least some degree, the other challenges hold up as challenging until 930+. This one either got rapidly outscaled by gear or was wildly undertuned to begin with. At least for everything except Outlaw, which is poorly equipped for this kind of challenge and would have been better suited to the highmountain one.

Seriously though, play the ele shaman one. Not only does Stormkeeper line up with imp spawns, you only need 1-2 of the 3 buffed insta-cast chain lightnings to kill every add that is up.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2018-03-03 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    My raid team is crap so we cannot do Mythic so really the most psyched I've gotten in Legion was these challenges. I was so happy when I did the prot paladin and warrior, I had to get up and move around for a bit
    I left my Mythic guild cuz no one showed up for progress (including me, because there is literally 0 point in doing Mythic these days and I have 0 interest). Spending time on gearing 12 characters through Argus to 920+ has been soul draining, but in the end it's a 1000x more worth than smashing your head against progression raiding walls since the gear will be useless with time.
    My characters not being (ridiculously) overgeared and the fact you get to try so many of them has made this investment worthwhile and for a couple of skins I was actually getting physically excited (Guardian), even though I usually just say "yes/finally/rekt".

I really hope they do more like this in BfA.

1. They should add a unique title for players that earn Mage Tower on all classes and specs.
    2. 3 down, 9 to go. I'm confident I'll be able to knock them all off long before BfA prepatch, BUT... I also want the HC Kil'jaeden tints, and I need to get a M+15 in on each as well since the appearance is going away from Balance of Power.

These months will go by so quickly in WoW time...

Deleted
    I'm working towards this at the moment, currently have all Mage and Warrior looks, as well as 2/3rd's of Rogue (Missing Sub).

Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    I'm working towards this at the moment, currently have all Mage and Warrior looks, as well as 2/3rd's of Rogue (Missing Sub).
    Sub is a bitch unless you have the legendary cape...then it becomes trivial when you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    1. They should add a unique title for players that earn Mage Tower on all classes and specs.
    2. 3 down, 9 to go. I'm confident I'll be able to knock them all off long before BfA prepatch, BUT... I also want the HC Kil'jaeden tints, and I need to get a M+15 in on each as well since the appearance is going away from Balance of Power.

These months will go by so quickly in WoW time...
    From what I know, HC Kil'jaeden and the other two tints can still be unlocked after Legion as long as you do the challenges in time.

3/3 lock 3/4 druid 1/3 mage 2/3 hunter 3/3 rogue 2/3 DK 1/2 DH 2/3 War 1/3 Pally 1/3 monk 2/3 shaman 2/3 Priest. so 23/36 atm. Affy Destro Demo Balance Feral Guardian MM BM Sub Sin Outlaw Frost Unholy Havoc Fury Arms Ret WW Enhance Ele Shadow Disc. heals and tanks are my weakness ;3;

1/2 DH (need tank)
    3/3 DK
    3/3 Mage
    3/3 Hunter
    3/3 Warlock
    3/3 Rogue
    1/3 Monk (need heals and tank)
    3/3 Shaman
    2/3 Warrior (need tank)
    2/4 Druid (need tank and heals)
    2/3 Priest (need holy)
    1/3 Paladin (need tank and heals)

I pretty much saved all the tank and healer ones for last because I don't actually play any of my alts as healers or tanks. So far both challenges are proving to be incredibly frustrated even for 930 ilvl characters.

The healer ones are vastly easier with gear until the last phase, which is significantly HARDER with gear. With gear you can keep everyone alive in p1 even if you mess up CC a bit and you can easily top the adds off in p5. But the last phase is just annoying as hell. Not hard, annoying.
    Pretty much what i've been experiencing. I have too much health for the fight. It is also painful to get all the way to the last phase every time only to wipe...

Deleted
    The RBG skin is just another format to tempt people into PvP. Regardless of skill level or feature, they snug in a way to tempt people which always fails.
    Luckily only a couple of the RBG skins are worth (Guardian and Arcane f.e.), so I'll see when I pursue them, if ever.

As for the +15, at the end of the xpac (say, close pre-patch) people will run them for the keystone master achievement/skin, so prices will be low since I believe there'll be more supply than demand. Remember, you only need to complete a +15, not in time, so prices will be Archimonde mount vendoring (10-20k, not taking Legion inflation into account).

As for me, I have all the skins I really want except Brewmaster and Demonology. I'm considering Arcane, Aflliction and Shadow, everything else will be if I feel like doing them and have time later on.

Deleted
    Gotta agree, this was a much superior version of Brawler's Guild without having to wait in line or spawning at a graveyard 5 minutes away when you fail. I hope they have more challenges that work like these.
    I mean, Brawler's Guild is literally only enjoyable if you're on a dead server/doing it at like 3 AM. The line is excruciating and watching the same idiot fail on Rank 1 Boss 5 over and over is just disheartening.

I hope a BfA Mage Tower will be a feature within Warfronts.

I sort of have a hard time believing some of the '1shotted it, never even played the spec before' stories. I've personally finished 4 more this cycle so far, on specs I know well and have well geared (Fire, Elem, Havoc, Assassination). Even at that I never one shotted anything (Assassination was the least, I think that was 4 pulls. Perfect abilities for that challenge and maintained over 1M DPS). For some reason the Jarl's enrage posed no threat at all as Assassin, I think i just popped Evasion and ignored it.

Twins I'm having a total bitch of a time with TBH, did better on Affliction (I have the ring) but I have no idea really how to do it as MM, a spec I'm pretty bad at. Have not completed that one yet. I know I know, get good. I just cant keep Karem off my ass and put any DPS on him at all in the Hand phase. Its a total spazz fest of jumping shooting attempting to retarget etc etc.
    it's because when you're doing the towers on specs you've never played before it's not your first time doing that challenge, so the mechanics have been rehearsed.

Basically once you know the mechanics the fights are gg, and when playing specs I've never played before I set all the binds up the same, interrupt is always r, second longer cast interrupt (i.e. poly, hex) on t, etc.

One shot a few of them, and 2-3 shot a bunch of them, on specs I don't play. Didn't one shot any of them the first time through though, doing them on characters I do play. It's the mechanics and learning them.

I sort of have a hard time believing some of the '1shotted it, never even played the spec before' stories.
    I one shot all 3 priest ones on my alt at ilvl 928. Well, not quite - i 3 shot the spriest one. The first two times i thought i'd be cool and play surrender to madness for the first time. Turns out playing surrender to madness for the first time, while playing shadow priest in legion for the first time, while not knowing what the mechanics of the fight are doesn't work out too well. Killed myself 30 seconds in twice by failing to target swap and S2M killing me.

Swapped to legacy of the void and one shot it. Didn't use flasks, food, pots, augment runes or lust for any of the challenges.

Most of them are extremely trivial with lots of gear. If you've done them before on other classes, then they're even easier.

Gear is king with dps challenges. the healer ones are 50/50 mechanics:gear and the tank ones are probably 70:30 mechanics:gear.

My wife also did something similar, one shot the WW and MW ones on her alt. Hasn't tried the tank one yet.