Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    How much snow did you get overall? Is it normal to have this kind of weather event in your area at this time of year, or is it weird? I'm only familiar with weather in the U.S.
    It varied. The entire country was effectively covered in snow, with the worst of it hitting Wales and Scotland. It wasn't as much as what hit the US during their snowstorms, but here in the UK a lot of places just aren't prepared for such scenarios. So trains and buses were cancelled, deliveries didn't arrive, loads of shops just didn't open at all and people rushed to what was open in order to panic buy. Traffic also came to a standstill due to accidents/ice on the roads.

I've lived in Scotland for just over two years now (I'm originally from England) and getting snow doesn't appear to be that unusual, but this is the first time I've seen it to this extent in the UK for about a decade.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    @Cruelle: if you are the doc, and I'm on the fence on trusting that outright, who did you save last night? Because that's information equal to a confirm at this point.
    ? Cruelle didn't claim doc, Lora did.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

? Cruelle didn't claim doc, Lora did.
    Goddammit, I'm going to bed. No wonder that claim didn't match anything of my impression of Cruelle this game. Because Cruelle didn't do the claim. WTB new brain.

Same question to Lora then. And good night, may tomorrow offer less insane brainfarts!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It varied. The entire country was effectively covered in snow, with the worst of it hitting Wales and Scotland. It wasn't as much as what hit the US during their snowstorms, but here in the UK a lot of places just aren't prepared for such scenarios. So trains and buses were cancelled, deliveries didn't arrive, loads of shops just didn't open at all and people rushed to what was open in order to panic buy. Traffic also came to a standstill due to accidents/ice on the roads.

I've lived in Scotland for just over two years now (I'm originally from England) and getting snow doesn't appear to be that unusual, but this is the first time I've seen it to this extent in the UK for about a decade.
    I see, sorry you've been cooped up for so long! We're kind of used to it over here, although here in Missouri our snow totals are pitiful now compared to when I was a kid growing up (I think we've only had 3 inches all winter, pathetic). Ice has been more of an issue here than snow, and to that I say, fuck ice. I was kept at home for a time because I couldn't get into my car, the ice was too thick.
    Mafia History

I see, sorry you've been cooped up for so long! We're kind of used to it over here, although here in Missouri our snow totals are pitiful now compared to when I was a kid growing up (I think we've only had 3 inches all winter, pathetic). Ice has been more of an issue here than snow, and to that I say, fuck ice. I was kept at home for a time because I couldn't get into my car, the ice was too thick.
    It's been sort of nice. I was lucky to have the fridge and cupboards well stocked - and my apartment is well insulated. I've mostly spent the time posting on forums, playing FFXIV and sitting with blankets wrapped around me and my cat snuggling up to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Goddammit, I'm going to bed. No wonder that claim didn't match anything of my impression of Cruelle this game. Because Cruelle didn't do the claim. WTB new brain.

Same question to Lora then. And good night, may tomorrow offer less insane brainfarts!
    I protected Cruelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's been sort of nice. I was lucky to have the fridge and cupboards well stocked - and my apartment is well insulated. I've mostly spent the time posting on forums, playing FFXIV and sitting with blankets wrapped around me and my cat snuggling up to me.
    Well, that doesn't sound too bad, if you have to stay at home. May your provisions and comfort carry over these next few days until the weather permits

@Game thread, I'm inclined to believe Lora, that's where I stand.
    Mafia History

Well, that doesn't sound too bad, if you have to stay at home. May your provisions and comfort carry over these next few days until the weather permits
    I'll be glad when it returns to the near perpetual rainfall.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll be glad when it returns to the near perpetual rainfall.
    Really? never really liked that when I went to visit London, but to each their own. Rain just makes me feel gloomy.
    Mafia History

Really? never really liked that when I went to visit London, but to each their own. Rain just makes me feel gloomy.
    I love the rain! I suppose it's for the best.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the rain! I suppose it's for the best.
    Well that works out well. I don't like it when it's just raining, but I love thunderstorms! Look forward to every spring
    Mafia History

10+ Year Old Account
    For someone who lives in a place that snow is nothing more than something you see in movies, this makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be honest don't really like Max's vote. Seemed more sheepish than reasoned. I know there's a tenancy lately calling everyone forming a train or not a 'sheep', but it was this specifically I didn't really like
    (She haven't done much, and the weird change to the Robo train at the last second does not give her points)
    Too me feels kinda opportunistic jumping on a train using the exact same reason whilst not really providing further context. Seems like an attempt to pull away from Satsu? How I feel anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Too me feels kinda opportunistic jumping on a train using the exact same reason whilst not really providing further context. Seems like an attempt to pull away from Satsu? How I feel anyhow.
    It feels like a lot of people are pulling away, Satsu's vanishing act doesn't bode well for him because more and more it seems like he's leaving his potential emergence till the last minute to try to draw out his inevitable lynching. I was hoping that me coming out would have had a bit more to give to the thread and instead looks like it's just gonna end and i shoulda just kept quiet.

lol sorry i was hit wil a really bad cold and just stayed in bed sleeping... this is such a lack of posting im amazed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    I was hoping that me coming out would have had a bit more to give to the thread and instead looks like it's just gonna end and i shoulda just kept quiet.
    I would say maybe you should have. While a very important piece of information that does help town, we had a couple of tprs outed today :/ and to be honest, i dont think that activity levels would have been any different no matter what you did. Its frustrating that this is the outcome.
    Mafia History

Sorry I had a busy weekend, need to catch up.

with just under 6 hours to go

SatsuBL 4: Danner(#211), Graeham(#212), Listo95(#213), Lora(#219)
    Celtic209 2: Senna1251(#216), Cruelle(#230)
    Lora 2: Largehorn(#229), Maxilian(#233)

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch

Modified majority would currently stand at 5

Robo's flip did make me a bit less suspicious of Danner, but due to the whole "both trains on scum" scenario, which seems like a plausible world, I'm not sure I can clear him for d1.
    I do however think he looks slightly better coming into today.

What's up with all the claims today though? Feels like they just came out of nowhere.

I see no reason not to believe Virothe's claim. Lora's claim on the other hand I'm a bit more meh on but I'm actually leaning towards trusting it.
    The thing is, Satsu (unless Virothe has some weird ass fake claim) did visit Cruelle.

We did not have a kill. I think it's fair to assume that we do not ahve another roleblocker with the JK being dead (would be very surprised if he did), so kill would not have been blocked.
    Only reason a kill would not go through is if the target was saved or scum for some reason decided not to make a kill (which makes no sense).
    I also do believe this confirms we only have 1 scum team, unless we just have a team afking all game long.

So yeah anyway, the most likely scenario is indeed that doc saved a target. Lora claims to have targeted Cruelle and Virothe saw Satsu visit Cruelle.
    Fair to assume that Cruelle was most likely a save then. It also means that the doc is probably either Lora or Satsu. I'm not sure there was any reason for Lora to fake claim doc as scum there though, which is why I find his claim more believable.
    Obviously Satsu could be some other role, but I'm really curious as to which kind of TPR he would be in that case and why he would choose Cru.

Anyway, deadline is soon.

Vote Satsu

I would really like to hear from you to be honest, just curious as to what you would claim. This hammers him with modified majority, but if Satsu decides to show up he can save himself with a silly vote. I'd like people not currently voting on Satsu to either remove their vote or change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp I'm going to bed soon, guess I put my vote out now. Really confident Satsu is 'dead weight'.

Vote: Satsu