Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lets genoside night elves and then genoside Sylvanas before we have to genoside some dinner? Genosiding takes a lot of strength, you know.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Citation needed
    For ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    How are Horde fans going to justify the attempted genocide of an entire race of people in Battle for Azeroth? Since her stated goal is to wipe out all opposition in Kalimdor and gain total control of the continent, meaning any settlements of Night Elves will be either wiped out or forced into mass exodus.

All I'll say is they better replace her and any loyalist of hers quick or the Horde will never escape its evil label.
    Have yet to read that Sylvanas want's to genocide her ancestral race. There's also no evidence that she is even targeting the Cenarion circle group that's neutral. It's simple, if you where the colors of our enemy, you gotta go.

Many alliance players probably don't know this, but when she was ordered by Garrosh to take Gilneas, she forced Crowley to surrender and allowed him and the alliance forces to retreat to Stormwind. She wants this continent alliance free so that there can eventually be peace.

Orrrrrrr, hear me out on this. Sylvanas picked up Archaeology and just wants to finish the Night Elf artifacts without getting ganked.

How are Horde fans going to justify the attempted genocide of an entire race of people in Battle for Azeroth?
    I'm getting real mileage out of this quote

Burning a giant tree (which Zul does, not Sylvanas. Learn to read) is not genocide, especially when Night Elves don't live in traditional enclosures like houses. They're just going to hop on hippogrpys and fly away

I like how I explicitly state in my opening post that Sylvanas driving the Night Elves out of Kalimdor and slaughtering tons of them is the part that's genocide, and I still get several posts strawmanning and saying I think the burning of teldrassil is the act of genocide.

This post is 100% right, it's pathetic:

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    The same way Sylvanas fans have defended her since WotLK.

By picking and choosing the parts of the canon they like and ignoring everything that they don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is one of my waifus she's so super sexy.. for the horde!!!
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

In a world of war(craft) the strong survive and the weak fall.

After the Battle for Mount Hyjal the Night Elves could have easily wiped out the orcs. They even had more than enough reason to do so...yet they chose to not do it. They allowed them to settle in Durotar, supplied them with lumber to build their city. Yet, the orcs turned on them AGAIN in cataclysm. Again, the orcs lost...and again, the Night Elves could have wiped them out. Even Jaina alone was in a position to wipe them out. But, again, Tyrande agreed to let them be...and so there was another truce.

Now the Horde is coming for the ancestral home of the Night Elves. Ashenvale. Using a cowardly suprise attack and burning down the living heart of the forrest to overwhelm an "opponent" that spared them TRICE when they were lieing down.

Is that fair? Is it justifiable? Is that just the way that war works?

It's all in the eyes of the beholder. You are to chose your side, afterall.

Also, Azshara had NOTHING to do with the creation of the Legion and the main reason Kil'jaeden corrupted the orcs on Draenor was to slaughter the Draenei he hated. So Night Elves really had noting to do with the corruption of the orcs. And IF you want to blame Azshara, is she not far more similar to a Nigtborne or Highelf than a nature and Elune embracing Nightelf? Afterall...the Nightborne are the last faction of the Kaldorei Empire that chose NOT to fight Azshara. But i guess that does not matter to the aggressive conquerors, either.

Anyway....launching a surprise attack on your neighbour after he helped you survive the last war is in no way, shape or form honorable...it's cowardly. It is also clever. It befits Sylvanas.

Let's wait and see how Blizzard rewards her for having these traits.

Why does the Horde have to justify anything? The game is painfully boring without some tension between the factions and someone has to be the aggressor.

Not to mention the story is still in alpha and has already changed from what was first datamined. So how can you criticize something that doesn't even exist in cannon yet?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    And they came only because the Queen of your most relevant empire summoned the Devil, and that thing wanted vengeance.

Still, they are there, and have nowhere to go - Kalimdor is the home of Orcs, Taurens, Trolls and Goblns. They will survive. They will have their space.
    Incorrect. They came because he wanted to kill Azeroth. Azshara was merely a means to that.. which didn't quite work out.

I like sylvannas, however her motives and actions are terrible. I'm not sure where i sit on the kill her/redeem her situation yet, as i feel she probably has a really good story left to tell in her. But it just seems that once again genocide at the hands of the orcs/horde is going to happen again. Maybe they'll make a decent story and gameplay situation out of it, i feel like the book will probably explain a lot better than they'll reflect in the game (blizzard are notorious for not giving the story or showing it in the game when there's a book involved unfortunately).

My only regret is not being there with her to torch Woodstock 2.0 down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its not genocide if its elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sylvanas did nothing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    According to Article 2 of the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/genocide

So how is destroying an enemy city of strategic and undeniable military value genocide?
    Because the Legion want to eradicate Azeroth, which includes all life. = genocide. Thanks to Sylvanas the Legion is still trying to accomplish this.

Sylvanas should not exist She is an unnatural abomination. She is a byproduct of Legion genocide.

The Legion created the plague, which created the Scourge, which created the Forsaken. If it were not for the Legion, Sylvanas would not exist in her current state and capacity.

Sylvanas is leading a faction which is made up of Legion byproducts: The Orcs and Forsaken.

The Legion even with the defeat of Sargeras is still laying siege to Azeroth thanks to Sylvanas.

7+ Year Old Account
    How are Horde fans going to justify the attempted genocide of an entire race of people in Battle for Azeroth? Since her stated goal is to wipe out all opposition in Kalimdor and gain total control of the continent, meaning any settlements of Night Elves will be either wiped out or forced into mass exodus.

All I'll say is they better replace her and any loyalist of hers quick or the Horde will never escape its evil label.
    The horde just burned a tree down. Unless they start going into houses and killing kids, i won't say that it is genocide.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    How are Alliance fans going to justify the attempted genocide of an entire race of people in Battle for Azeroth? Since his stated goal is to wipe out all opposition in Eastern Kingdoms and gain total control of the continent, meaning any settlements of forsaken will be either wiped out or forced into mass exodus.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Didn't Garrosh want pretty much the same thing, except for in favor of Orcs?
    from what we know, sylvannas wants just kalimdor for the horde, for now, garrosh wanted the whole world just for the orcs, it is a bit different

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think the charge of genocide works in this case, as well - unless you wish to extend it to both the Horde and the Alliance as the Alliance is also trying to crush all Horde settlements in the Eastern Kingdoms. This is a case of total war, where there are no restrictions to the fighting in terms of territory, means, or classifications of weapons employed. Genocide is more about the removal of a certain classification of people, and I doubt Sylvanas wants to the Night Elven race to become extinct inasmuch as she simply wants them gone from Kalimdor - she's resolved to destroy them if they don't stand down, but if they depart willingly she seems unwilling to pursue them into the heart of Alliance lands.

The Alliance too is systematically crushing Forsaken lands with the press on the Undercity, and apparently succeed in displacing the Forsaken from their former home despite being unable to hold it. This isn't genocide, either; it's just another push of territorial aggression (from the Forsaken perspective) - the Alliance haven't stated a unified desire to expunge the Forsaken from existence, so the goal of their campaign is only to recapture Lordaeron and not to destroy its current inhabitants entirely.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seethe View Post
    Genocide has always been the name of the game in Warcraft.

The burning legion attempts genocide on a universal scale.
    Sends orcs to wipe out humans.
    Humans win and wipe out most orcs enslave the rest, before going to their world to genocide them.
    Arthas goes nuts and tries to genocide the high elves.
    Wipes out his own people in a quest to kill all humans.

All attempted genocides, from day one.
    Wtf when did Humans try to genocide Dreanor? I you mean after the second war where Kadhgar and the rest6 of the Sons of Lothar went to Draenor that was because the wanted to close the fucking portal and the only chance to do that was from Dreanor.

And where do the Humans killed most of the orcs? Because thery had a fucking shitton of those camps where they feeded and housed all the lethargic orcs after their fell saturation went off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    What's good for the Horde is inherently bad for the Alliance and vice versa, that's true for the majority of things.

It's a matter of perspective.

On a side note, I'm still curious how it will happen and who will burn it down, we know that burning it down isn't a part of her plan, so something prob went wrong...
    Trough what do we know, that burning Teldrassil down isn´t her plan hm?

First time I support Sylvanas actions as a Horde. We can do with less Elves, so burn them all!

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    According to Article 2 of the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/genocide

So how is destroying an enemy city of strategic and undeniable military value genocide?
    its not, OP is just alliance biased and is qqing that nelves get their tree burned