Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1.) Remove the hunch look with races like Orc, Troll, and Worgen.
    2.) Remove the Mastery and Versatility stats. Go back to gem sockets or something of the like that allows you to "build" or in some way improve your gear. This leads in to bringing back a system similar to reforging.
    3.) Kill off the idea of garrisons or other types of bases. They are bad for the community and feel completely useless.
    4.) Work on class synergy. The best example I can think of this was the spriest during BC. I loved the utility I brought to a group when I was constantly regenerating their mana and health as well as provide damage and utility. Every class should bring something unique and needed to a group, not just have the ability to have "equal" dps numbers.
    5.) Replace current graphics engine with engine used in Overwatch. For the short time I played that game I couldn't help but think how amazingly well it would replace the current engine WoW uses. It's modern but still allows for the same look and feel WoW currently has.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Player housing likely an Airship that we park around our hub city(or make tglhis a VERY long grind) and enable houses in most zones(instanced of course). Add a woodworking profession for extra furniture.

2. Add items with random effects back in(or just fun powers hell see the sword Archeus old version arcane damage upon hit new one ummm bonus stats). Things that just do randon potentially op shit was fun abd allowed more ways to gear.

3. Focus more on the world and have a remake 2.0 to update the world(with a time travel option to olay cata version if not classic as well) also make ALL zones scale to the same level range

4. Tone down ilv creep by removing mythic and lfr. You can que for NM and heroics. Also add more focus to dungeons outside mythic(actually probably just remove mythic make heroic+ a thing instead)

Last is reinstate old talent system but with more options and skills(maybe a class tree as opposed to a spec one)..so revamp coasses so to add to this add a 4th soec to some classes(earthwarden shammie, ranged dos paladin no pet ranger hunter with a melee bm and survival be tied to the pets not all classes though jist ones where it fits/has existed before)

- Cap Titanforging to +15.
    - Replace the mission table system with a true solo party experience where you and up to 4 followers of your choice go out into the world and complete certain quests, kill certain bosses, etc. You can gear up your followers exactly like a player does, so any spare gear that you don't need can be used to outfit your follower with (cloth/leather/mail/plate and level restrictions still apply).
    - Bring back the old gemming system where gem sockets colored and much more prevalent on gear, and make prismatic sockets rarer.
    - Bring back crafting and make it big like it was in BC. Less reliance on rng procs and better base level gear that is highly competitive with pre-raid BiS gear. Crafted weapons can be upgraded into stronger forms to continue competing with raid gear.
    - Remove PvP templates entirely. Bring back Resilience on PvP gear, and put PvP gear on a vendor that requires a PvP currency to purchase. Bring base ilvl of new players in BGs/Arenas closer to max geared players to avoid new players getting destroyed.

i would:
    1. Kill Flying;
    2. Bring back Scenarios;
    3. kill artifact power / artifact weapons / hearth of azeroth and such things;
    4. Bring back gear upgrades with valor points (with a weekly cap, like it was).
    5. Limit pure dps classes to 2 specs and merge holy/disc priest.

1. Prune raid and dungeon difficulty back to only 2 difficulties: normal and heroic. LFR is no longer a raid difficulty, but rather a story mode which you can experience on your own with NPC's and rewards blue gear at the end. Maybe a better idea is to turn LFR into mage tower challenges, but it doesn't feel suitable while the raid itself is current content.

2. A proper World Editor so people can come up with their own custom content, which may be visited by other people. Similiar like how the editor for WC3 works.

3. More dynamic events where factions will lose and gain a lot trough all the continents, even from old expansions like TBC and WotLK.

4. Story characters should not be in the spotlight for to long, and when they are overdue they must be retired. Sylvanas is a good example of a character who has overstayed her welcome.

5. Update old content more often with a proper story progression, and no parody bullshit like they did with Westfall and Redridge. The original content should still be visible trough phasing or creating legacy servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Sorry for the Off-Topic: Maybe I missed it, but are Vulpera confirmed to be playable? I can't read anything about it, but maybe I am just too uninformed.
    There's a lot of custom animation work being done for them that would make it seem strange to use them as an NPC race, when they meet every other checkmark for an allied race (associated rep faction, uses existing model/skeleton with custom model/texture/animation work, associated storyline/quest chain, unique niche for their potential faction [in this case, as a foil to goblins with vulpera functioning more like friendly bazaar merchants than oily gangsters and con artists], and a baked-in reason to join a faction [the player saving them from slavery by the sethrak]). Nothing confirmed but when all signs point to Rome, you don't really need Rome to pipe up to speculate on things.

On-topic: I'd wait a year after Classic launches, examine the successes of Classic and live, the failures of both, and take this into account when developing further content on live. I wouldn't remove anything because I'm not that spiteful.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    So basically go back in time 10 years
    Basically. Some people are happy that they're getting Classic. Others aren't happy until everything conforms to their own personal wants and everybody else be damned.

Deleted
    This thread is perfect proof that the current devs are probably some of the best we could have right now. The people criticizing them would destroy the entire game in a matter of days.

1) Player Housing. Sure, this is often requested and is beaten to death...but I'd love this. Add craftable housing items to professions, add Woodcutting (or something similar) as a gathering profession that everyone can do that you'd need for constructing said housing, etc.
    2) Remove heirlooms, but make the +xp bonus a slider that can be toggled during pre-current xpac leveling. I miss items having a value while leveling, but I don't miss them enough to switch off the xp bonus.
    3) Fully scale the old zones. I don't hate zone level ranges, but I do think it'd be cool to be able to do, say, 80-85 in *all* of the old zones and not just the Cata added zones.
    4) Something like Neverwinter's Foundry would be pretty cool I think. I don't even know if Foundry works (or if it could be implemented on Azeroth), but I like the idea.
    5) Full names (First / Last or Last/First) for characters.

Deleted
    0. Some universal in-house debugger tool. WoW is an old code base, and the bugs in the current expansion's code lines always have priority, because time is limited. But that's not necessarily a good practice - the whole thing needs maintenance. So we would definitely need some kind of aid, that helps the developers to find and correct mistakes in old game content (like that quest line in Zul'Drak that was impossible to complete for like 5 years - maybe it's still bugged, haven't checked in a while). Missing mobs, wrong health pools, deleted parts of the map, etc. should be more easier to track.

1. Make secondary professions account-wide. When rolling to a different main character after years of playing, the most embarassing thing that happens to you, is that you loose your profession progress. While that might be OK with main professions, - because they really should feel like they are tied to your character - that is completely unacceptable with secondaries. The Legion fishing artifact quest line was fantastic for example - I cannot imagine someone has to skip it just because he didn't the skill - that's a waste of content! However - I understand that some people just don't care about professions at all, so I'm not in the group, who suggest we should make professions a must-have. On the contrary - in a fantasy world like Warcraft, it's totally acceptable if your character wants to make a living from killing mobs and saving peasants and not from sewing magic bags. That goes. But those, who actually want to play professions should have less timesink barriers to access it.

2. Improve city design and city fantasy. Cities have been an integral part of all MMOs, the players like hanging out there. While I'm OK with the faction capitals, I think the major quest hubs of regions would definitely profit from a cosmetic overhaul. Think about Gadgetzan for example - how cool the cocept arts from the latest Hearhstone expansion looked? Amazing! And what do we have in WoW? A pair of old goblin shacks and about a dozen NPCs. The place is like a ghost town, not a thriving trading hub. Thunder Totem for example looks much better - but still there's a lot of room for improvement.

3. Native Linux support. That one might be dreaming, but I think it would be intersting to look at what kind of OS WoW players use right now. In my theory, we are a relatively "old" player base, who doesn't really enjoy new spywa...emmm, I mean shiny blings, like Windows 10, so after Windows 7 support ends (which is only 2 years away!) I'm really thinking about moving my gamerPC to Linux (currently it's the last Windows-based computer in my household). I know this isn't a gameplay suggestion, but it is known that WoW runs fine under WINE and there are a bunch of new devkits out there, that make such a switch a lot easier. If the Mac users can have their own version, I'm sure the Linux fanboys can hit the size, that's worth developing for. Ubuntu based distros are getting more and more popular!

4. Think different about the auction house. Because in real, that's a stock exchange. And unfortunately, it currently doesn't behaves like one. WoW Token was a good move economy-wise, chinese goldspammers disappeared (at least I haven't met any in a while), and people seem to use trade more frequently. That's good! But without the use of addons (like Auctioneer) this game function looks so dumb. I cannot imagine posting my daily 50-100 items with the basic UI of the AH - it's very slow and uncomfortable. Liquid goods should actually be traded the way I can buy Activision-Blizzard stocks on the real-life market. If old content's assets become illiquid, just simply merge the trade of multiple realms (BTW that's a long awaited feature as well - players choose server based on the health of economy!). Of course, for players with little financial knowledge, it might look over-complicated, so we should have a simplified trading option, that just sells or buys at the current price. But for those interested in being an auction house grand master - let them browse price charts and use special order formats (iceberg, limit, stop-loss, etc.). Just search research databases, and you'll find out that tons of people have written their thesis about virtual economies in recent years (including WoW AH)! That's a living entity, and it should be treated like one.

5. Make healing fun. I have actually very little idea about how to do that, but it has to be done. If people enjoy playing DPS classes, the way healing mechanics work shouldn't be that different either...

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Emeritus View Post
    5. Make healing fun. I have actually very little idea about how to do that, but it has to be done. If people enjoy playing DPS classes, the way healing mechanics work shouldn't be that different either...
    What if I find healing fun today?

1. Bring back professions to WOTLK time. Where you enchant almost all slots, gem lots of gear, get profession bonuses, could craft useful gear where patterns dropped in raids etc
    2. Bring back reforging.
    3. Get rid of WF/TF, go back to being able to upgrade like in MoP after a period of time
    4. Make heirlooms a buff. I like the XP buff but wish I could gear progress through dungeons and quests, not gear upgrades by level
    5. Bring back hard modes like Ulduar and get rid of Mythic/heroic.
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Being lead developer doesn't mean you get to change the story you berks. All they do is lead the direction of the "game" and code by guiding software engineers that are working on the systems behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    So basically go back in time 10 years
    I didn’t know Legion existed 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    1. Add back rpg elements like resistances
    2. Make raid bosses have more requirements to beat. Some bosses you need heavy fire resist, others only takes damage from arcane etc
    3. Guild conquest. Guilds can conquer and govern zones. You get bonuses such as gold and honor from doing this
    4. Bring back justice and valor vendors for guranteed gear
    5. Bring back pvp gear stats. If youre really skilled you would be able to beat a better geared player to begin with. Besides it takes away from progression.
    6. Rogue tanking spec, focusing on dodge and cooldowns.
    7. Incentives to visit racial cities like daily quests, profession recipies, mats that can only be found in the zones etc
    8. MORE racial cities. Bilgewater metropolis, Gilneas, Shadowforge, Suramar etc

- - - Updated - - -

How do you play a crypt lord or dread lord or lich?
    well i only had room for 5 changes, they haven't shown much care for lore so at this point they can make upstuff and have them serve sylvanas.

But quite frankly there should have been a third faction in this game, the forsaken, that included the undead, the blood elves, nerubians and the like. Who are just "surviving" but constantly come into conflict with the alliance and the horde because of what they represent, but also have to face the legion and the lich king and whatever else lest they fall under the control of these enemies once again and become tools, like they used to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    If you enjoy having the biggest resposibility in the team, I can imagine it might be fun. On the other hand, I found healing M+ with Griveous affix the most frustrating game experience I ever had in my life. And based on dungeon finder wait times, I think it's not just me - but players in general who want to avoid that "lord of death and life" healbot role.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof Emeritus View Post
    If you enjoy having the biggest resposibility in the team, I can imagine it might be fun. On the other hand, I found healing M+ with Griveous affix the most frustrating game experience I ever had in my life. And based on dungeon finder wait times, I think it's not just me - but players in general who want to avoid that "lord of death and life" healbot role.
    Basically, every time that blizzard tries to do "difficult" content, it ends being either a 1-shot fest (hello ToS) or difficult for the healer mostly. I find healing in Legion to be *extremely* stressful, moreso with BS like grievous or necrotic affixes.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Impossibru!

Deleted
    Some of these ideas are downright destructive! (remove expansion/class/race), anyway ill bite.

1) Instanced cosmetic only housing where you can hang stuff you get from raids (think head of onyxia but smaller), where you live in neighbourhoods that have a customisable aesthetic based on the capital you choose.

2) Rework the reward system to be more inclusive during current content (e.g. one person gets antorun charhound, everyone in the raid gets it, i'd also add a account lock system so its not abused), I found this to work really well when I formed a glory of anotrus group as all the toxicity dissapated when we all got the mount.

3) Create a system that allows players to aim towards specific mounts or rare items that is justifiable given thier rarity. E.G. you need 200 clears of ICC on one char to get invincible (bias cause i've had a shit run with RNG this expansion)

4) Legendary transmog

5) timewalking old naxx thats tuned for HC difficulty

Some of these may be controversial but its just my opinion
    Last edited by mmoc812076fe90; 2018-03-05 at 08:21 PM.

1) Add a robust instanced player housing system
    2) Redo all armor and weapon textures in the game to support being dyeable and add a dye system.
    3) Make professions other than enchanting and alchemy worthwhile again.
    4) Remove rep requirements for transmog. Mounts bought from rep don't require the rep on alts, transmogs shouldn't either.
    5) Bring back pre-cata azeroth (and all quests/raids/etc) via keepers of time npcs in each zone.

And my personal pet peeve:
    6) Make Mirror Image baseline for mages again and make the current MI talent boost its damage to actually competitive levels rather than the pisspoor "dps cooldown" is is now.