Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    MMORPG.com did a nice compendum about Prime:

https://www.mmorpg.com/rift/previews...ime-1000012525
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    MMORPG.com did a nice compendum about Prime:

https://www.mmorpg.com/rift/previews...ime-1000012525
    "Highly anticipated" is subjective but that is actually a pretty good write up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    "Highly anticipated" is subjective but that is actually a pretty good write up.
    it's MMORPG.com, a site that has been deader than most MMO's they talk about. They are probably a bit behind the time

Great writeup though! Finally a place where information is clearly listed and makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidenbok View Post
    Towiliee has admitted he's being paid to stream it
    Heh the biggest shill in the twitch-MMO business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    see? that's what I dislike. Now you get big names praising it because they get paid to do it....
    Yup, people should stream it if they want to, but of course they'll take money to stream it. Can't trust anything those types of streamers say because it is all about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yup, people should stream it if they want to, but of course they'll take money to stream it. Can't trust anything those types of streamers say because it is all about the money.
    This is precisely why I am thinking of streaming, however, not sure if I should because not sure I have the time to commit. However, I am not a paid shill. I am highly critical of changes that I consider bad. I think I also represent a much more casual player than most of the streamers out there who do it for a living.

Heh the biggest shill in the twitch-MMO business.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. If people want an unbiased opinion of Prime then look to the casual players who...

1. Aren't being paid to stream it or offered goodies by Trion.

2. Aren't extremely critical of Trion.

3. Aren't defending the game like it can do no wrong.

Those 3 listed above will not give you much of an unbiased opinion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-06 at 04:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. If people want an unbiased opinion of Prime then look to the casual players who...

I don't give much value to opinions of others when it comes to reviewing games. I either test them out myself or WATCH someone play it. I don't care what the player is thinking or saying, I just watch the gameplay and judge myself.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Pretty much what I am awaiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    can't afford the subscription but it sounds pretty fun hope it does well

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    And where do I state I like that? I dislike any form of endorsment/commercial, because it's useless subjective drooling over something.
    Fair enough, just a criticism that often gets thrown around when larger online personalities do these kinds of things.

As long as people understand they are basically watching an infomercial then not much harm imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    As long as people understand they are basically watching an infomercial then not much harm imo.
    Anyone who streams for a living is doing an infomercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidenbok View Post
    There will be plenty of streamers covering this launch, a lot of the bigger influencers have been given a bunch of starter packs and other stuff to give away. Towiliee has admitted he's being paid to stream it and has a ton of free stuff to give out to his viewers, I expect this is the case for several of the big time twitch names.
    Woah where did I say this? Please link. I am in no way being paid to play Rift Prime. I stopped playing after Storm Legion and decided it be cool to go back and start over on a progression server, since I was around when it launched from day 1 and played it all way to end game content. I got some stuff in my bank that when I do stream have no idea where it came from. Yeah they gave me FIVE codes to give away. I didn't ask for it. They sometimes just give stuff like this to people they know will stream the content. I HAVE BEEN paid in past during Storm Legion back in 2012/2013 but not now.

if anything I always take a hit in viewers when I play non-WoW games/revenue (if you wanna be all money money about it) but I use to love Rift and it was actually the first game I streamed on X-fire during launch before I moved to Justin to stream WoW. I have a lot of respect for the game and even though I have hated the direction of the shop and game since Storm legion I am happy to go back to the beginning. Even though it will be with tons of QoL changes.

I mentioned on my stream it would probably be a 1-2 day thing unless it really grasps on to me. BFA Alpha content calls as well so came at a bad time for me.
    Last edited by towelliee; 2018-03-06 at 09:41 PM.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Anyone who streams for a living is doing an infomercial.
    Not true. Plenty of people stream without being paid by a company to endorse a game/product.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Not true. Plenty of people stream without being paid by a company to endorse a game/product.
    They are getting paid by someone, that's just how it works. The money just doesn't magically appear from out of nowhere. If nowhere else, it's Twitch.

"Whose bread you eat, their songs you sing"... an old Finnish proverb.

They are getting paid by someone, that's just how it works. The money just doesn't magically appear from out of nowhere. If nowhere else, it's Twitch.

"Whose bread you eat, their songs you sing"... an old Finnish proverb.
    I wasn't aware that the Olympics were an Infomercial for NBC.

EDIT: The point is, usually the paid streamers are getting donations from viewers or a check from Twitch based on how many Subscribers they have. Not from the company who's games they are playing. And those that do get stuff from a company do kinda have to point out when they are sponsored to specifically do something (i.e. what Towiliee is doing with Rift Prime) due to regulations that also apply to Internet content creators.
    Last edited by Projectmars; 2018-03-06 at 10:50 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe I missed this. But...what the fuck?
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I can't believe I missed this. But...what the fuck?
    Missed what? And what the fuck what the fuck?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Missed what? And what the fuck what the fuck?
    That's my initial reaction on reading that they are going to basically do zero work to open a new server shard, hope people will pay money for it, and not really provide anything unique about the experience. It's essentially pay to disregard our poor management of monetization for the last 6 years.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's my initial reaction on reading that they are going to basically do zero work to open a new server shard, hope people will pay money for it, and not really provide anything unique about the experience. It's essentially pay to disregard our poor management of monetization for the last 6 years.
    What were you expecting of a progress server?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What were you expecting of a progress server?

To actually progress through the patches as it did in the beginning?