Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Maybe go look at my main post first , i specifically said first it was bloodelf,then nightborne,then this . Any thing beside Orc/troll/tauren and undead to some point look out of place in Horde imo .
    the point is an animal race pretty much like taurens, fit the horde, no matter the size

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    This is true, if a model has been made for that rig. Which is true of the Vulpera, and not of Ogres.

- - - Updated - - -

Its just the furry hating crowd who think that furry = beastiality.
    I don't hate furry things, I like worgen, they look badass. But Vulpera, naww just cute fricking beanie babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1312 View Post
    Besides it's strong story line and comunity, wow had the perfect line between fantasy and reality, it was fantasy enough but NOT too much. The reason that maked others mmo to die, BESIDE cheap storyline, was that they were too fantasy or too realistic, there wasn't an equilibrum between those two. In our case, vulpera will destroy this equilibrum being too fantasy. We have started with 2 humanoid races in warcaft(orcs amd humans), then pandaren was the first mistake, but hey, they are smart and came with a class, and now vulpera which are more animal than humanoid. It looks like we could play as a rat from stormwind.
    Fine, have every character being in-universe reprimanded and pay a fine for calling Vulpera anything other than "short citizens with canine background". That should be enough reality to counter the "too much fantasy" they bring.
    Last edited by Sangris; 2018-03-06 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

im so happy with this
    ~~Calm Down~~

10+ Year Old Account
    There is alot of people in this thread with the thought that the Horde are meathead savages with "me smash" mentalities....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    There is alot of people in this thread with the thought that the Horde are meathead savages with "me smash" mentalities....
    and main an elf, who is more ironic

Deleted
    they are well made, cool, etc etc... but i dunno honestly... they look like some of those weird deformed-cute animal races from games like Guild Wars or some oriental MMORPG, or some characters out of a old Playstation game xD and besides, i love the idea of the allied races, but i hope they don't get carried away, it's not like now everything that walks on two legs and can speak a bit must become playable, please xD (and besides, meh fox-men, Walrus-men dominate! vote for Tuskar! :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Only thing from that list that could be considered even remotely "furry" is female pandaren, and I wouldn't touch that with a foot long pole, because their casting animations make them look retarded
    Tauren and Worgen are also furry races. Just because you feel like they're "cool" or "badass" compared to pandaren and Vulpera doesn't make them any less furry.

- - - Updated - - -

I love cats from all my soul, and i like dogs too, and with all that, i can't stand vulpera! Not bcs they are too cute or they are not savage enough, but bcs they look like a scrap from a korean mmo, we all know how korean mmos are doing, they are pretty much dead, for example Blade and Soul and AION, they both contain those cute furries races and both of those games didn't even get closer to half of wow's population. I seriously think, vulpera will start the end of world of warcraft's era.
    Please... show me what race in any other game in the universe has anything that even resembles Vulpera. Because I just checked out the two games you mentioned. NEITHER has anything like Vulpera.

Short humans with fox ears are nothing like vulpera. That'd be like saying FFXIV has Khajiit. No it doesn't. It has humans with cats ears and a tail. Elder scrolls has actual humanoid cat people. If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

They look very Ratchet and Clank to me.

I'm not gonna play one but if other people want to, go ahead. Though my hunter might try to tame you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you didn't played enough mmos, and i don't say there are mmo with races that look EXACTLY like vulpera, but there are races that look sort of as vulpera, and if they look exactly or sort of it's not the idea of what i've said, the idea is that THIS particular concept of little furry animals as playable race, will make world of warcraft lose it's image from vanilla till now that make it become the best mmorpg of all times. The vulperas will change wow's image completely, and there are 2 options, will make it better or will destroy it, there are bigger chances that vulpera will destroy world of warcraft, bcs they will change it's entire concept.
    Dude, your tinfoil hat is showing.

First off. I've checked every single MMO I know. Dozens, and Dozens. There are only 2 races that even sort of resemble Vulpera. The seemingly genderless techno hampsters from Wildstar the Chua, and the also seemingly genderless popori. The first is not korean at all, and the second comes from Tera one of if not the most succesful korean MMOs I know of. I didn't particularly care for it, and I found the Elin distasteful but it's still very popular.

Second. Nothing about Vulpera is all that new. I've said this before and I'll say it again. WoW has had short and cute from the get go. (Gnomes). We've also had furry races from the get go (Tauren). Combined those themes that's been here since vanilla and you get Vulpera. They honestly don't feel out of place at all. They'd of fit just as well in Vanilla wow. You're also judging them completely by their looks. I don't think the aesthetics of a game is gonna make or break it. WoW in all honesty has a very niche and out-dated aesthetic. I like it, but it's not objectively good. If Vulpera were to be the "death of WoW" then wow was already dying and that'd of been the straw that broke the camels back. But I cannot see this damaging wow. Anymore than pandaren or worgen did. If anything it's gonna strengthen WoW.

As I said the only people upset about this have insecurity problems about anything deemed cutesy and or furry. Maybe it's a repressed fetish? Maybe they're adolescence who have yet to gain any emotional intelligence. Being bullied by your "friends" cause you play a game with a "cute fox race" has got to suck. But I would say that they probably aren't you friend if they bully you because of something like that. Your masculinity isn't going to be put into question by playing a "cutesy" race, or especially even playing a game that has a cutesy race. (As Vulpera are hardly the first).

Pandaren, Worgen, Gnome, Tauren, Goblin all have attributes that Vulpera are bringing in. These things have been a part of WoW for years. Vulpera is a new combination of attributes but the attributes are not new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Your previous post shows that you earnestly believe that any change will either incrementally improve the game or destroy it with no middle ground. It's a false dichotomy, friendo, and you've made it entirely obvious you've no intention of understanding it. So I'll say this last bit:

WoW is stronger than Vulpera. If anything, Vulpera will be largely ignored by the playerbase outside of a small diehard faction of people who really like them because they're cute or they've got neat animations or they just really enjoy playing tiny characters. And you know what? Good for them.

If you think "Korean MMOs" (GREAT euphemism, there, by the way) failed because they had cutesy races or a "Lack of Balance" between fantasy and reality, I think there might be a whole lot more for you to learn about what other people like and dislike in games and how that impacts which games are played in a given region.
    Most korean MMO's actually do WELL in KOREA. Most people in the west especially the US find them too grindy. Which is why they aren't as popular. But they seem to be popular enough to keep the western servers open. I also find their graphics distasteful is the main reason I don't like most of them. The bouncing boob animation is a bit ridiculous. It makes pre update dwarves look tame.

Also... @alex. You seem like your young. But how are Orcs more realistic than Vulpera, or Pandaren? FYI none of them exist irl. At least Vulpera and Pandaren are based off of something that exists IRL. Orcs are straight up fiction. Anthro animals are one of the most common fantasy themes going back literally thousands of years. Kitsune, a race of sentient shapeshifting foxes in japanese folklore (and other asian countries tend to have their own version such as china and korea). Goes back at least 1,000 plus years. I feel like someone from Japan would be less surprised seeing a kitsune irl than an orc. Could be wrong, but orcs don't exist in their mythology, kitsune do.

How are Vulpera and Pandaren less realistic than Tauren and Worgen? I think you mean (and this is an opinion) "less bad-ass" not "less realistic". Because all are furry races but you don't seem to have an issue with tauren or worgen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Hence why I stated this has been increasing since TBC. Whereas the more alien (not necessarily from another planet) designed races took a back seat. And since Cata we've seen an explosion of them into the universe.

I get it, though, it's easier. Easier to create something from what exists as a thing in our world and "racialize" it in game compared to making something more... foreign. It's where my concern lies for Blizz and the future of our playable races. Not because some furry eccentricists coming into the game, or some magical force that comes in to ruin "MUH immersion!" Or anything of the sort. Just that we'llmore likely see the easy way more and more if creations as these are fawned over each time one is introduced.

And this isn't a new thing, we've seen it done to Mantid, Yaungol, Taunka, Tuskarr and Sylithid far more in comparison to Botani, Ethereal and Vrykul.

It's not without merit, though. As you said, it's only our fourth PLAYABLE race introduced. It's one point I am not necessarily arguing against, more so my comment is more toward the universe as a whole. I love when Blizz is at their peak and creating impressive things we didn't consider.

As your list, the elemental thing caught my attention, for two reasons. 1) we really haven't delved too much in the elemental planes lore, is there potential there to consider I wonder. And 2) played too long last Saturday I dreamt of WoW (something I haven't done in a while) introducing some lore about the elemental warfare and Al'Akir fused a group of Earthen with his elemental power while the Curse of Flesh was setting so he can turn it against the others. Backfired and imprisoned him and sent him away (where we find him in Uldum). But these Dwarves grew taller, had more of an Arabian vibe, floaty animations and skin of semi stone. What caught me about it was their beards and hair were wispy clouds. And since then favored the idea my subconscious had, and drove my desire to see more like it in WoW.

Just had to share that last part.
    I do have to say even Draenei aren't truly alien. They're as a concept just retextured Satyr. Goat like legs, horns on the head, otherwise humanoid head and body. They just changed the skin to blue and removed the fur on the legs and created facial ridged for males, and tentacles for both to add the extra alien feel. (Can't get more alien then tentacles apparently). But if you look at Satyr from mythology and Draenei they're remarkably similar and wouldn't be surprised if that was their inspiration for eredar/draenei. We've never seen anything truly alien such as the races on mass effect. Considering WoW is primarily a fantasy game anything alien esque is a boon. Most fantasy games/stories have absolutely nothing alien or alien like. So like the Draenei anything else alien-esque we get is likely to have its roots in fantasy. Even if we go to completely new planets they're likely to be based off of some kind of fantasy theme.

I hope they make Vulpera vicious little fucks beyond their superficial cute looks.

I love how people are so quick to be like "THERE POSSIBLY CAN'T BE ANYTHING SAVAGE ABOUT VULPERA!"

Going to laugh when they use human skulls as currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    I love how people are so quick to be like "THERE POSSIBLY CAN'T BE ANYTHING SAVAGE ABOUT VULPERA!"

Going to laugh when they use human skulls as currency.
    Just have them consider live skorpions a delicacy.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    I want a Hunter Vulpera. With a Giant tree pet.
    Beastmaster Vulpera with two foxes, riding the fox mount, with the fox mini pet.

It's the only real choice.

I need that ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    Dude, your tinfoil hat is showing.

First off. I've checked every single MMO I know. Dozens, and Dozens. There are only 2 races that even sort of resemble Vulpera. The seemingly genderless techno hampsters from Wildstar the Chua, and the also seemingly genderless popori. The first is not korean at all, and the second comes from Tera one of if not the most succesful korean MMOs I know of. I didn't particularly care for it, and I found the Elin distasteful but it's still very popular.
    Nobody remembers the raki. ;-;7

Of course, the vulpera don't resemble the raki because the raki had fairly outdated graphics the day Vanguard launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Nobody remembers the raki. ;-;7

Of course, the vulpera don't resemble the raki because the raki had fairly outdated graphics the day Vanguard launched.
    Couldn't even figure out what you were talking about with almighty google.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Ooooh so scary and vicious. I bet that little guy would definitely cause a giant 7 foot tall Hulk Orc to pee himself or a 1200 lb Bullman to run away in fear.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    Tauren and Worgen are also furry races. Just because you feel like they're "cool" or "badass" compared to pandaren and Vulpera doesn't make them any less furry.

- - - Updated - - -

Please... show me what race in any other game in the universe has anything that even resembles Vulpera. Because I just checked out the two games you mentioned. NEITHER has anything like Vulpera.

Short humans with fox ears are nothing like vulpera. That'd be like saying FFXIV has Khajiit. No it doesn't. It has humans with cats ears and a tail. Elder scrolls has actual humanoid cat people. If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.
    the first thing I visualize when hearing vulpera are aurin from wild*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You know that Poodles were bred as war dogs? The poodle cut was developed so their fur doesn't get stuck in their armour.
    Watching you guys trying to justify Vulpera is cuter than the actual race.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama