The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    this was addressed a long time ago, they didn't chop off Rick's hand due to the costs of ensuring it looked right every time he was on the screen.
    That’s not really the point. The characters in the show pretty much seems unkilllable or like there are no stakes. The first time they kill off one of the characters is also done horribly. In the comics there was clear loss and the characters could clearly lose. Rick losing a hand, Lori and the baby dieing. What’s his face with the trailer dieing tyrease dieing. Even in newer issues there is still clear loss which for the most part is done super well. In the show? Carl lost an eye then died for some stupid reason. Rick machione Daryl and coral might as well be gods, there doesn’t feel like there are any stakes other then them being killed off for some stupid reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Its an internet meme im not responsible for by any means but it is a funny one. The scene where Rick is fucked up from the governor in the prison scenes is the best example

Watch 1:51 to 1:56
    2018-01-16 was my last post before the more recent one on 2018-02-26 that is hardly "every day" or even close to it.

I actually found this episode to be pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was the pointless Aaron/Enid plot, it was just repeating that same old plot like when Tara was supposed to be killed, instead gets exiled but ends up returning and convincing the place to help. I expect the same to happen again.

Simon has gotten more interesting where he shapes up to be the more aggressive Saviour leader, while Negan is showing more of his human side. The Scavenger massacre was quite unexpecting, Jadis showed some character.. though I'm not sure if her arc has ended. Loved that meat grinder scene, and the episode ending with the Rick/Negan conversation.

Feels like its been a while that I watched a proper episode.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I actually found this episode to be pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was the pointless Aaron/Enid plot, it was just repeating that same old plot like when Tara was supposed to be killed, instead gets exiled but ends up returning and convincing the place to help. I expect the same to happen again.

Simon has gotten more interesting where he shapes up to be the more aggressive Saviour leader, while Negan is showing more of his human side. The Scavenger massacre was quite unexpecting, Jadis showed some character.. though I'm not sure if her arc has ended. Loved that meat grinder scene, and the episode ending with the Rick/Negan conversation.

Feels like its been a while that I watched a proper episode.
    yes was definitely interesting to see Negan's more human side. I wonder what he will do to Simon when he finds out that Simon killed them all, as well as let Maggie live (which may or may not have been on Negan's orders; we don't know). I was genuinely disappointed that Gavin was killed, I actually liked his character

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I really wish they had just stuck to the comics or if they wanted to go off them atlest hire some good writers. I want to bad to like the show and for it to be good but more and more they seem to just butcher the source material while showing fleeting glimpses of how they could have made a good show before going back into the trash.
    I haven't read the comic's yet so all of this is fresh to me. But I know enough to know they ruined upcoming stories, I have considered reading the comics. I wanted to wait until the show ends and then read them but now I mite just say fuck it and read them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I haven't read the comic's yet so all of this is fresh to me. But I know enough to know they ruined upcoming stories, I have considered reading the comics. I wanted to wait until the show ends and then read them but now I mite just say fuck it and read them.
    id highly suggest it. i wouldn't say there action packed though. its been a few years since I've read though them but i know when i was going though the the first time id skip ahead a few pages to see what horrible things were happening then read with great interest to see how it got to those points. even now new issues still has super have emotional twist done super well. one thing id suggest as you already have a basic from watching the show is to read the negan origin comic before he shows up as it really shows you how he came to his world view and it doesn't contain any spoilers for the rest of the series.

https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-.../dp/1534303278

as far as the show goes with this latest episode i could see how they bring in a future villain but really they won't be able to do the story justice with the cast they have now. hell at this point rick feels more like a villain then negan does. negan might be a dick but hes completely right that people are getting killed because rick is a moron which really wasn't the case in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yes was definitely interesting to see Negan's more human side. I wonder what he will do to Simon when he finds out that Simon killed them all, as well as let Maggie live (which may or may not have been on Negan's orders; we don't know). I was genuinely disappointed that Gavin was killed, I actually liked his character
    I think bad writing gets in the way of a good story. The point here is that Negan is not the bad guy, or an evil guy, he wants the same outcome as Rick. It was the same point that guy made (Morales??) when he came back earlier this season. There is no difference between him and Rick, they just ended up on different sides of a battle.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think bad writing gets in the way of a good story. The point here is that Negan is not the bad guy, or an evil guy, he wants the same outcome as Rick. It was the same point that guy made (Morales??) when he came back earlier this season. There is no difference between him and Rick, they just ended up on different sides of a battle.
    yeah problem with what Negan wanted was that his message wasn't right; "give me your shit" doesn't work as well as "we give you protection, you give us stuff in exchange". do you really think the rag tag band of Wolves would've made it to Alexandria if the Saviours had been guarding the place? hell no.

- - - Updated - - -

id highly suggest it. i wouldn't say there action packed though. its been a few years since I've read though them but i know when i was going though the the first time id skip ahead a few pages to see what horrible things were happening then read with great interest to see how it got to those points. even now new issues still has super have emotional twist done super well. one thing id suggest as you already have a basic from watching the show is to read the negan origin comic before he shows up as it really shows you how he came to his world view and it doesn't contain any spoilers for the rest of the series.

as far as the show goes with this latest episode i could see how they bring in a future villain but really they won't be able to do the story justice with the cast they have now. hell at this point rick feels more like a villain then negan does. negan might be a dick but hes completely right that people are getting killed because rick is a moron which really wasn't the case in the comics.
    I hope they do a GoT level cull of people. get some new fresh faces in there. as for how the story continues, obviously the saviours are weakened substantially - at this point they have lost an awful lot of soldiers. so it would be easier for a new more ruthless group to come and cause havoc

I stopped watching it after the last episode. I gave them a chance not to kill off Carl but they went through with it. I don't see them pulling off the whisper war arc without him. I just wanted a somewhat accurate representation of what was in the comics but they are dead set on not doing that. It's a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please, the whole point of the whisperers was that they were a separate group that didn't know the other survivors and they had adapted to a new way of life since the apocalypse that could be described as inhuman. Having us know alpha just ruins the core ethos of the group.
    Last edited by delus; 2018-03-06 at 02:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I stopped watching it after the last episode. I gave them a chance not to kill off Carl but they went through with it. I don't see them pulling off the whisper war arc without him. I just wanted a somewhat accurate representation of what was in the comics but they are dead set on not doing that. It's a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please, the whole point of the whisperers was that they were a separate group that didn't know the other survivors and they had adapted to a new way of life since the apocalypse that could be described as inhuman. Having us know alpha just ruins the core ethos of the group.
    Does it matter though? Without Carl and andreia the story really can’t play out the same or even what happens after the whispers are gone. At most they can make Carol take machiones place with the king but really they won’t be able to do the story justice with the cast they have now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah problem with what Negan wanted was that his message wasn't right; "give me your shit" doesn't work as well as "we give you protection, you give us stuff in exchange". do you really think the rag tag band of Wolves would've made it to Alexandria if the Saviours had been guarding the place? hell no.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they do a GoT level cull of people. get some new fresh faces in there. as for how the story continues, obviously the saviours are weakened substantially - at this point they have lost an awful lot of soldiers. so it would be easier for a new more ruthless group to come and cause havoc
    What they really needed to do was kill less people and write the show better. At this point there is no possible way to do justice to the comics and were just gonna be stuck with more butchery.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I must have missed the part where Rick routinely -- routinely -- rounds up new people he meets on the road, makes them watch as he realistically kill one of their members, and then forces them into slavery under the threat of even more cold-blooded murder. Oh, and that he keeps a harem of women as his sex slaves, specfically getting off on taking the wives/lovers of his own lieutenants in order to force them to prove their loyalty.

But yanno, that could just me. I do tend to miss a few scenes here and there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassanova Frankenstein View Post
    I must have missed the part where Rick routinely -- routinely -- rounds up new people he meets on the road, makes them watch as he realistically kill one of their members, and then forces them into slavery under the threat of even more cold-blooded murder. Oh, and that he keeps a harem of women as his sex slaves, specfically getting off on taking the wives/lovers of his own lieutenants in order to force them to prove their loyalty.

But yanno, that could just me. I do tend to miss a few scenes here and there.
    Wasn’t it stated that negan only killed people because rick and pals killed a bunch of his people first?

There also not sex slaves they would rather sleep with negan then work he didn’t force any of them to be there, negan is rather handily anti rape.

Wasn’t it stated that negan only killed people because rick and pals killed a bunch of his people first?

There also not sex slaves they would rather sleep with negan then work he didn’t force any of them to be there, negan is rather handily anti rape.
    Yes it was revenge for taking out an outpost of negans. Rick thought that WAS negans group he had taken out. And the forest scene was set up by negan to show rick whos in charge and how badly they underestimated negans numbers, they even commented on how much they spent to set it up for such a small group but thats ok because it was "exhibition" day

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes it was revenge for taking out an outpost of negans. Rick thought that WAS negans group he had taken out. And the forest scene was set up by negan to show rick whos in charge and how badly they underestimated negans numbers, they even commented on how much they spent to set it up for such a small group but thats ok because it was "exhibition" day
    Ah ya I thought so.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, Rick was the aggressor from the start. Yet he's the good guy...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah, Rick was the aggressor from the start. Yet he's the good guy...
    I know in the comics rick was a pretty huge dick for a while but still the show rick quite a bit worse which is proabbly because of poor writing.

Edit:

Ya re checking in the comic ricks group killed a small group but the group tried to rob them unlike in the show where I think they killed a full outpost.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-03-06 at 10:05 PM.

Ill keep all of that in mind thanks

I'm thinking of grabbing the big comic bundles and reading thought them one at a time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ill keep all of that in mind thanks

I'm thinking of grabbing the big comic bundles and reading thought them one at a time.
    I’d recommend the compendium‘s there what I have and pretty huge though I read the smaller books my first time through and read them online now as I wait for new compendium‘s

I’d recommend the compendium‘s there what I have and pretty huge though I read the smaller books my first time through and read them online now as I wait for new compendium‘s
    Ya I forgot what they where called but its the compendium's ill buy. The last few seasons have been such a drag but this season so far is the worse.

Really hope they announce season 9 as the final season.

Sadly like most tv shows the longer it runs the higher chance it has of being bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ya I forgot what they where called but its the compendium's ill buy. The last few seasons have been such a drag but this season so far is the worse.

Really hope they announce season 9 as the final season.

Sadly like most tv shows the longer it runs the higher chance it has of being bad.
    One thing to keep in mind with the compendium‘s though is they don’t come out for years as there so huge so if you dislike having different types of books like I do you might want to stick to volume to keep up with the story or find a less then legal site like I do.