Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's the problem in some cases they don't

This is primarily young people either kicked out of home or pennyless desperate
    If you have no method for paying for your rent why are you there in the first place. I understand if prostitution is illegal, that would be like paying for your rent with drugs. In the case of the UK I believe prostitution is illegal and the landlords and , to a lesser extent, the renters should be punished.

I also disagree with the statement that Millennials have hard it the hardest. That is complete bollicks. Being poor hasn't changed and I have been poor, I have been comfortable and the only way that you change that is to work. Your job is shit and it doesn't pay enough to cover food let alone rent? Guess what? You go and find another way of making money. Another job, selling your shit, getting another person in the same situation as you to board. Whatever it takes. Still can't afford it? Go upskill yourself so you are worth more to society. Live in squalor for those 3-6 years. Come out a better person and valuable to society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If you have no method for paying for your rent why are you there in the first place. I understand if prostitution is illegal, that would be like paying for your rent with drugs. In the case of the UK I believe prostitution is illegal and the landlords and , to a lesser extent, the renters should be punished.

I also disagree with the statement that Millennials have hard it the hardest. That is complete bollicks. Being poor hasn't changed and I have been poor, I have been comfortable and the only way that you change that is to work. Your job is shit and it doesn't pay enough to cover food let alone rent? Guess what? You go and find another way of making money. Another job, selling your shit, getting another person in the same situation as you to board. Whatever it takes. Still can't afford it? Go upskill yourself so you are worth more to society. Live in squalor for those 3-6 years. Come out a better person and valuable to society.
    Please sir, can I live in this magical faerie land with unicorns and rainbows that you apparently live in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

So long as paying the normal way is still an option (without negative side effects) I don't see the issue, actually unless you get multiple sessions out of it you are probably getting ripped off as the landlord/lady. You have to pay in some way, being evicted is the alternative to that proccess. Selling my blood or my life time to do some shitty and potentially dangerous job to pay my rent doesn't sound much better. Here is the thing, on one hand everyone is claiming that sex is nothing special and whoring around is completely normal and everyone should pat you on the back for that (I disagree btw), but in the same vein sex is supposed to be super regulated and governed by specail protections unlike the exchange of any other service for goods/money. So long as both parties agree to it and we ignore (for a moment) the existance of potential puritanian laws, I don't see the issue. Frankly many get off cheap imho. I personally would not do it unless the person is of interest to me anyway (and I were available), but how much you respect yourself is something you have to decide for yourself; I'd take the eviction otherwise.

Deleted
    To me it's theft, if they do not pay their rent they should get evicted immediately and be jailed if they can't come up with the money.

These women are choosing not to pay rent, which means the mortgage on the property is failing to be met unless the landlord dips into his own personal finances or he loses his property eventually. If you stop paying your phone bill service is cut off, if you have no money for food you can't just go to a supermarket and fill your trolley and walk out with goods without paying this is the same as these scum that's stealing a roof over their head.
    They could get a job or even a second job, they can sell all their possessions they can beg on the streets for all i care but what they can't do is be a freeloader and if a landlord is willing to accept 5-10 sexual encounters a month to cover the rent then these freeloading work shy people should jump at the chance of keeping a roof over their heads.

Wish I could sell my dick for rent. But unfortunately that's not nearly as high demand as having boobs or a vagina. Must be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Giving someone a terrible alternative to a terrible situation is a very interesting form of 'lenience.'

As to the rest of the post: this is a fairly disgusting reframing of the whole situation. You're trying to make the landlord look like a good person in this scenario. They most definitely are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the clever reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Because I don't recognize it as a viable choice. Because that 'choice' is to give up one of the basic human necessities, which is shelter.
    Regardless of whether sex is eventually offered, are you implying that landlords should be forced (lawfully or morally) to let people stay in their establishments rent free?

Deleted
    I honestly don't see anything wrong with this.

The landlords inform the people up front, it's no secret. If you don't want to, say no and find another place where you can pay with cash.

Should sugardating being illegal too? It's not new that people trade sex for X favor.

My issue isn't people offering sex for rent, but people saying "sleep with me or be homeless"
    But they won't be homeless if they pay their rent?
    cash=goods=services.

You infer that the person is OWED the roof over their head. That's the landlords roof, to withhold or offer in exchange for said cash=goods=services, as they see fit.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    WTS place to stay, all you need is provide cry-spanking while reading Dr. Seuss books. Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Regardless of whether sex is eventually offered, are you implying that landlords should be forced (lawfully or morally) to let people stay in their establishments rent free?
    No, I'm not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Truth = clever reply. Gotcha.

It should be common sense, but so few of you actually have any.
    Let's be totally clear as to what you're doing. You're presenting something that is trivially true in order to obscure the different contexts of the activities that fall under 'selling yourself.'

In other words, you're being a douche on purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Okay, I mean I can agree that waiting til the last moment and telling them that you either put out or you're out tomorrow is wrong.
    How about if you tell them that they have 2 weeks/until the next paycheck to pay the rent or they're out but they can get more time or even get their rent completely waived by having sex with you, would that still be wrong in your eyes?
    I would still consider that wrong. Two weeks is still a really short time frame. But regardless of how much time there is, I think that if it isn't in the contract and clear from the very start, then it's ethically and morally wrong for the landlord to bring it up at any point after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Morally it's wrong but more importantly is who they're targetting aka the vulnerable desperate for homes. Some of these people have to choose potentially freezing to death or taking it up the arse from a 50 y/o porker
    hahahaha taking the big shlong from a 50 years old porquito.
    Well thats that if you ask me, its not the porker's fault that these girls freeze to death otherwise.

Thats the deal they are providing, girls can accept it or not if you ask me.

Whats more disgusting is porkers forced to do charity acts for the poor frozen people.

A deal is a deal you can take it or not. Everyone works for the money. Porker paid a good amount of money for that home. Porker should get his benefits.

I'll be honest, these situations don't sound evil

It would be evil if they would kick you out, after you paid money, if you refused to have sex.

No threats, no coercion, party to party deal, no risk of sex slavery like with prostitution with third party management.. like, where is the evil?

What's so wrong about selling sexual services for things?

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it you're against prostitution, too, huh?

What's the difference between fucking dudes for money and then turning around and paying a landlord with that cash and fucking the landlord for rent and skipping all the shady fucks that might not even pay you?

No I'm not against prostitution because a prostitute is not forced by the client into doing it. When as a landlord you tell someone that they either suck your dick or sleep in the street that is coercion and plain sexual abuse.

If I could pay my rent with sex I totally would.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    No I'm not against prostitution because a prostitute is not forced by the client into doing it. When as a landlord you tell someone that they either suck your dick or sleep in the street that is coercion and plain sexual abuse.
    Not really, no. There is no forcing. The person can clearly say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Not really, no. There is no forcing. The person can clearly say no.
    And then is homeless. Great. A "choice" is not always a choice. You could say no, but then it would have severe consequences for your life, so you are basically forced to agree. Which doesn't make it a choice anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    No one is forcing anyone here. Did you read the article? The landlords put out ads saying "sex for a place to stay"(paraphrasing obviously).

These are digital ads using craigslist. So don't give me any bullshit about homeless people seeing and responding. I don't think any homeless people using smartphones or computers to access craigslist.

So, again, why would anyone be against one and not then other?

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    And then is homeless. Great. A "choice" is not always a choice. You could say no, but then it would have severe consequences for your life, so you are basically forced to agree. Which doesn't make it a choice anymore.
    This is a stupid argument. How's that different than a prostitute or any worker? If you refuse to work, you don't get money. If you don't get money, you can't live in a home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

This is a stupid argument. How's that different than a prostitute or any worker? If you refuse to work, you don't get money. If you don't get money, you can't live in a home.
    You don't see, why prostitution out of desperation is a bad thing? And where do you get the "refuse to work" part from?

The only difference from the usual here is the tenants are getting free rent rather than food and a couple drinks.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin