Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Watch the video, one of the big complaints is having to use a chair that isn’t theirs.
    So? You use their service, you abide by their rules. Not sure what's so hard about that. Being 6'4", I find airline seats very uncomfortable, to the point of painful on long flights. But that doesn't mean I can demand they let me haul along and accommodate my favorite Lazy-Boy chair from home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Amazing how people come out of the woodwork to shit on the disabled
    Amazing how the "we just want to be treated equal" crowd can't handle actually being treated equally. You still want to be protected and be able to make claims like this when things don't go exactly as you demand they go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't post video directly but HERE

This is something I heavily support. As a wheelchair user I have flown three times and each was horrendous uncomfortable and humiliating. Because of this flying is just not a feesible option for me especially on destinations over 2hrs which unfortunately limits me travelling to places I would love to visit. Changes such as this would open the world up for wheelchair users like myself
    You could always charter your own flight, or buy an RV and drive where you want to go and see the sights. I really dont see what the big deal is anyway. Youre still sitting whether youre in your wheelchair or a regular chair on the plane. A chair is a chair. If anything putting wheelchairs on a plane will make uncomfortable for someone else because a wheelchair takes up more space.

The other option is airlines would have to remove a row of chairs to make room for wheelchairs which will cost them money which they will pass on by making everyone else on the plane pay more
    Last edited by Orlong; 2018-03-11 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Amazing how the "we just want to be treated equal" crowd can't handle actually being treated equally. You still want to be protected and be able to make claims like this when things don't go exactly as you demand they go.
    Yes we equally want to be able to fly

A lot of wheelchair users cannot use normal seats
    A LOT of people, in general, cannot use normal seats, or find them extremely uncomfortable. Welcome to the one-size fits all mentality of the airline industry. You can suffer through it like the rest of us. Why do you think NO ONE relishes in the thought of airline travel?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried reading the thread yet?
    No, I got those quotes from other threads.

Deleted
    And you’re already equally able to. Glad that’s settled.
    Except not all disabled can as explained in the video

10+ Year Old Account
    This site is hell. Of course a huge amount of the public are like this too unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    A LOT of people, in general, cannot use normal seats, or find them extremely uncomfortable. Welcome to the one-size fits all mentality of the airline industry. You can suffer through it like the rest of us. Why do you think NO ONE relishes in the thought of airline travel?

- - - Updated - - -

No, I got those quotes from other threads.
    It's not just 'uncmfortable' it's downright unsafe. Not every disabled person can safely sit in an airline seat as the video explained

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I physical can't sit in a normal chair without preasure sores
    Fuck off man. You of all people should know about those foam cushions for pressure sores. If you're saying you cannot use those, then how the fuck do you sit in a wheelchair all day?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm one of the first people to defend the disabled, being one myself. But you take the cake at times man with "woe is me"

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why not just get out of the wheelchair and have someone seat you in a normal seat and then get back into the wheelchair when you're at the destination?
    You dodo...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Fuck off man. You of all people should know about those foam cushions for pressure sores. If you're saying you cannot use those, then how the fuck do you sit in a wheelchair all day?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm one of the first people to defend the disabled, being one myself. But you take the cake at times man with "woe is me"
    Because my wheelchair is completely molded to my body and made in such away the avoid trapped nerves and preasure soars.... it's a very common settup you could Google - Or ask a physio

I can't post video directly but HERE

This is something I heavily support. As a wheelchair user I have flown three times and each was horrendous uncomfortable and humiliating. Because of this flying is just not a feesible option for me especially on destinations over 2hrs which unfortunately limits me travelling to places I would love to visit. Changes such as this would open the world up for wheelchair users like myself
    Because they need to be able to coop up as much cattle as they can... A wheelchair is not good for that.
    Obviously I support the cause, I don't see how it should be that hard to do. Though going through the hallways on airplanes might be tricky with a chair...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because my wheelchair is completely molded to my body and made in such away the avoid trapped nerves and preasure soars.... it's a very common settup you could Google - Or ask a physio
    Also conveniently missed the point about the moulded foam cushions that are used for airline travel. Literally same as your wheelchair.

Deleted
    Also conveniently missed the point about the moulded foam cushions that are used for airline travel. Literally same as your wheelchair.
    Except it A. isn't and B. not suitable nor safe during flight

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except it A. isn't and B. not suitable nor safe during flight
    Jesus fuck, you are a princess, aren't you....

ALL OF THESE ARE SAFE FOR AIRLINE USEAGE: https://www.vivehealth.com/blogs/res...e-seat-cushion

Deleted
    Jesus fuck, you are a princess, aren't you....

ALL OF THESE ARE SAFE FOR AIRLINE USEAGE: https://www.vivehealth.com/blogs/res...e-seat-cushion
    Are you even here to attempt an adult conversation? Because all you seem to be interested in is insulting people and accusing me and a number of other disabled people as lying and exaggerating

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you even here to attempt an adult conversation? Because all you seem to be interested in is insulting people and accusing me and a number of other disabled people as lying and exaggerating
    Have you missed the part where I'm also disabled? I cannot move without taking at least 200mg of Tramadol 2 hours before getting out of bed. Even moving in bed is painful as fuck.

Lets have a look at my significant medical history: https://i.imgur.com/4DWuBrf.jpg

Notice osteoporosis, vitamin B12 deficiency, vitamin A deficiency, constant internal bleeding, Crohn's disease (says ulcerative colitis before discovered as Crohn's)... All my medical history points to a fucked immune system since BIRTH.

The only thing that isn't listed is muscle wasting due to steroid treatments for over 10 years.

So cry me a fucking river with your problems.

Deleted
    Have you missed the part where I'm also disabled? I cannot move without taking at least 200mg of Tramadol 2 hours before getting out of bed. Even moving in bed is painful as fuck.

Lets have a look at my significant medical history: https://i.imgur.com/4DWuBrf.jpg

Notice osteoporosis, vitamin B12 deficiency, vitamin A deficiency, constant internal bleeding, Crohn's disease (says ulcerative colitis before discovered as Crohn's)... All my medical history points to a fucked immune system since BIRTH.

The only thing that isn't listed is muscle wasting due to steroid treatments for over 10 years.

So cry me a fucking river with your problems.
    So your unwilling to consider other disabled people? You can manage therefore everybody can? Do you fly regular?

Deleted
    probably mostly comes down to the fact that aircraft components have to go though an insane level of very expensive testing and validation, making it just not worth it for aircraft producers. ten times over for any system that let's you use your own wheelchair, considering how vastly different they can be in design and weight.

without some political push it won't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Seems like it could be a safety issue in the event of severe turbulence or emergency landings, etc. I’m sure there’s a reason for banning them, which is only done to protect passengers. No one wants a heavy wheelchair or the person in it, slamming into someone else, or blocking the aisle if it gets loose.
    I suspect i's more a financial issue since apparently some planes already allow it

So your unwilling to consider other disabled people? You can manage therefore everybody can? Do you fly regular?
    You should know your limits and expect to not be able to do same things as people who are not disabled instead of demanding the world change for you.