Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nope, I'm 30.

That's how we're doing it, right? I basically only uses facebook as a way of people to contact me and I don't use any other social media because it's a time waste for me. I just don't feel the need for insta.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Used to. Until they changed the algorithm and it now shows stuff in a stupid fucking order. Like a picture from 8 days ago from someone I rarely liked will be the second or third thing on a scroll down. It’s just annoying to me that it’s not newest photos from people I follow
    YES! I know right? Hate it when things are sorted by some algorithmic way of analysing what I'm interested in instead of just pure chronological order! What if construction workers did it the same way as facebook? "So yeah, we saw you started building something so we analysed your life and completed your work for you. We know you'll be happy about the way we made it!" -> hands you a garage instead of a house, which you intended to build.
    Last edited by Zephire; 2018-03-12 at 03:05 PM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it. More than any other social media.
    I got sick of constantly seeing my friends on Facebook being like: "OMG He proposed in the most romantic way and I said yes" "OMG we're having a lovechild we're so blessed x1000 <3" "OMG I pooped today"

At least those friends having taken over Instagram yet and I doubt they will. Facebook is only for messenger on my phone these days.

I do hate the algorithm changes they made though but it's okay.

Deleted
    No. No social media

- - - Updated - - -

Except for MMOC kappa

I only started using IG last year, and only because I joined a few Nail addict groups, and started posting my manis, many of the group members used IG, so I joined up too to be involved I do neglect it often though, sometimes i'll post alot, then have weeks or months in between lol.

Deleted
    Isnt it also only for attractive women in yoga pants, promoting products?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't even take pictures, so I have no use for Instagram.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It's less about something being "for kids" and more about a technology that us older folks didn't grow up with. You see a much higher rate of adoption for social media with the younger generations.

I'm older than him, and from a different part of the world, but I can say with some confidence that many men my age aren't comfortable with "selfie culture" or what we consider to be over-sharing. It's just a generational difference, nothing negative about it.
    That applies to me. Although, my best friend who is only 2 years younger takes MANY selfies everyday and posts it on IG, lol.

I have an IG account but I only use it to look at pics. I used to post pictures of my art but I've stopped doing that and started to post in FaceBook instead.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes! It's one of my favourite social medias.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    That applies to me. Although, my best friend who is only 2 years younger takes MANY selfies everyday and posts it on IG, lol.

I have an IG account but I only use it to look at pics. I used to post pictures of my art but I've stopped doing that and started to post in FaceBook instead.
    Yeah, and I was careful to say "many", not all or even most there. I certainly don't have any data beyond personal experience and observation to back up my claims - I can only say there are a lot of us that feel that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I enjoy Instagram, I find many great recipes on there.

Deleted
    No, I have no desire to see peoples 20th attempt at a casual selfie, what they're having for dinner, their kid's dance recital or their latest purchase.
    Last edited by mmoc494ea71a08; 2018-03-12 at 05:34 PM.

That's all is so strange for me. I really do not understand why so many people are crazy about Instagram. I was surprised finding out that there are even special services for promoting IG accounts. For instance, these guys https://socialbloom.co/ propose automated liking and following other people. It's already a huge industry.

15+ Year Old Account
    I signed up just because a bunch of new friends I made during a trip were all using it to stay in touch. I barely remember I have it now and only check it every month or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, while I kinda have an idea of what it is I'm not really sure of the finer details. I don't really care enough about it to begin using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Isnt it also only for attractive women in yoga pants, promoting products?
    Who is not attractive in yoga pants is a better question.

Instagram is a garbage UI app that's only used by sub-100 IQ college kids who photoshop everything in the planet in an attempt to get sponsors/sell products/be a pro or some stupid shit.

I've seen far more intelligent things on brazillian 1000MMR dota and reddit's /hapa/ sections than this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    So social media is only for the young? I find this to be very narrow-minded.
    It's not narrow minded at all. It's statistics. Look at the user statistics for instagram and you'll see that it's not only true, but quite telling.

Nah its for women as part of their Attention seeking genes and nothing wrong with that

I get a nice dopamine rush every time someone likes one of my pictures.

I think all these people who are “too cool and mature” really just don’t have anything to contribute

I'd love to get my hands on this database.