Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's odd seeing people thinking that the X1 is powerful for the form factor and power consumption when literally the Adreno 540 is slightly better at less than half the power consumption and Adreno 630 improves that gap by 30% efficiency/performance. And I'm talking full specced 1000MHz clock speed.
    Okay and how reliably can nintendo secure them and what would the price difference be?

Nintendo went with the X1 for a reason, they are cheap and already mass produced at the level Nintendo needs.

Lastly do you honestly think Qualcomm can provide the software support nvidia can for producing video game graphics?

Comparing specs is great in a bubble, but that's all it is. A bubble. Nothing in this post makes it a more realistic option for Nintendo.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-13 at 06:03 AM.

It's odd seeing people thinking that the X1 is powerful for the form factor and power consumption when literally the Adreno 540 is slightly better at less than half the power consumption and Adreno 630 improves that gap by 30% efficiency/performance. And I'm talking full specced 1000MHz clock speed.
    The snapdragons will probably cost way more than the tegra

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Still no way to back up saved games though. That's a critical must have feature, I have no idea why you can't at least back up saves to an SD card. Even the 3DS can do that, so the "portable" excuse doesn't fly.
    Wait, stock 3DS could back up game saves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Okay and how reliably can nintendo secure them and what would the price difference be?

Nintendo went with the X1 for a reason, they are cheap and already mass produced at the level Nintendo needs.

Lastly do you honestly think Qualcomm can provide the software support nvidia can for producing video game graphics?

Comparing specs is great in a bubble, but that's all it is. A bubble. Nothing in this post makes it a more realistic option for Nintendo.
    $24 iirc per 835 SoC which is comparable price to X1. Main reason is cause using a smaller process node able to get more chips per wafer as opposed to the X1.

And yeah I can see them doing well for software support considering that is pretty much half of their business, a hardware without software is nothing. Their drivers on Android is among the best atm, it's why their platform tends to be predictable even if boring.

Just for example, they worked with Sony mobile division to make a custom firmware for their new camera sensor. Allowing 1920x1080@960FPS and 3840x2160 HDR video (think the HDR is one anyways), both being the first in the smartphone category.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2018-03-13 at 06:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.amazon.com/Sushi-Striker...sushi+strikers

$10 switch tax and $50 for something that looks like a damn app store game.

I want to still have some faith in humanity, hopefully this doesn't reach 1 mil sales like 1-2 Switch.
    I dont think Sushi strikers even reaches 500k units sold. Looks very boring to me. I suppose its more of a game than 1-2 Switch though.

So what's everyone using for a screen protector? Film or tempered glass? And which protector specifically are you using? I've had my switch since Christmas.....and still don't have one on stupidly...I'm going to PAX next month so want to have one installed for when I go so trying to get opinions form of all of you. I feel like I am leaning more towards tempered glass, and orzly and amfilm ones have the highest reviews on amazon...anyone have either of those?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The current Tegra in the Switch isn't even being used to its fullest, in a few years we may get a "New" version that does with better cooling.

The 3DS lasted 7 years so far on hardware that was super old when it came out (psp was equal to it and that came out in 04) So the switch will be fine.

Its highly likely they will copy Sony/MS and with the Nintendo sub you can upload save files to the cloud.
    My concern with the online shit is I'll have to pay $20 per profile to play online instead of just a flat fee for the system. My son couldn't play Splatoon 2 online on his profile until I used another one of my email addresses for his profile.....that concerns me.

tempered glass is a real screen protector. The film stuff doesn't protect crap and looks terrible
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    tempered glass is a real screen protector. The film stuff doesn't protect crap and looks terrible
    Well, Ghost Armor isn't tempered glass(I dont think they make protectors for the switch either), but I lived by that stuff on my phones when we had a place at the local mall to install it. Granted it wasn't typical film and was a silicon film...but yea kind of irrelevant to this convo, I figured I should go glass, but not sure if brand matters or not

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    So what's everyone using for a screen protector? Film or tempered glass? And which protector specifically are you using? I've had my switch since Christmas.....and still don't have one on stupidly...I'm going to PAX next month so want to have one installed for when I go so trying to get opinions form of all of you. I feel like I am leaning more towards tempered glass, and orzly and amfilm ones have the highest reviews on amazon...anyone have either of those?
    I have Orzly one and it is nice and clean.

$24 iirc per 835 SoC which is comparable price to X1. Main reason is cause using a smaller process node able to get more chips per wafer as opposed to the X1.

And yeah I can see them doing well for software support considering that is pretty much half of their business, a hardware without software is nothing. Their drivers on Android is among the best atm, it's why their platform tends to be predictable even if boring.

Just for example, they worked with Sony mobile division to make a custom firmware for their new camera sensor. Allowing 1920x1080@960FPS and 3840x2160 HDR video (think the HDR is one anyways), both being the first in the smartphone category.
    They literally know nothing about producing high end video game graphics. Compared to Nvidia they are laughable in that regard.

CAMERA SENSORS tho!

nvidia's focus is producing graphics, qualcomm is not. It's no surprise no video game company would choose to partner with them over AMD or Nvidia. Wtf is this even.

If specs in a bubble where all that mattered nvidia cards wouldn't constantly out perform AMD ones of similar specs in game after game. I don't even want to see a smart phone focused company providing SoCs for video game consoles. Sounds like a fucking train wreck.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-13 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They literally know nothing about producing high end video game graphics. Compared to Nvidia they are laughable in that regard.

CAMERA SENSORS tho!

nvidia's focus is producing graphics, qualcomm is not. It's no surprise no video game company would choose to partner with them over AMD or Nvidia. Wtf is this even.

If specs in a bubble where all that mattered nvidia cards wouldn't constantly out perform AMD ones of similar specs in game after game. I don't even want to see a smart phone focused company providing SoCs for video game consoles. Sounds like a fucking train wreck.
    Yet they know how to produce a good mobile SoC and Nvidia is a train wreck in that regards. You seem ignorant in the technology sector however. AMD and Nvidia can make high powered devices, but they're not good in the <10W area, mainly cause that's not their focus anymore. The only one to actually come close for low power and graphics SoC would be AMD and that's with a 15W TDP and potentially consume 25W if cooling allows, which you know... is 50%-150% more power consumption. Qualcomm atm is the king in mobile graphics, not Nvidia, not AMD, not Mali or Apple. And the Switch is in the mobile category.

You asked if they're willing to do software support and the answer is yes and I give an example of willingness to cooperate with companies and give custom software support... unless you don't know what firmware is, which would be a different problem.

Specs aren't in a bubble though, they're used in comparison in already deployed devices on Android. That's reality, and X1 are being outperformed.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2018-03-14 at 12:09 AM.

Well, Ghost Armor isn't tempered glass(I dont think they make protectors for the switch either), but I lived by that stuff on my phones when we had a place at the local mall to install it. Granted it wasn't typical film and was a silicon film...but yea kind of irrelevant to this convo, I figured I should go glass, but not sure if brand matters or not
    I dunno I had the anti-glare film ghost armor put onto my Switch and I've enjoyed it so far (outside of the ever so slightly off alignment from when the mall peeps put it on, which irks me to no end mentally but otherwise is fine), helps when playing on like car trips at least and isn't that noticeable otherwise from a normal one indoors. Glass, I mean I had Zagg glass on an iphone before and it wasn't bad, but man when it starts wearing off or it's not on right and/or somehow space/dust starts getting in, then it just looks like shit and another fee to have it replaced. Film at least is cheaper in that regard, and as much as I baby my Switch I just don't see me ever dropping it to warrant needing glass.

I figured I should go glass, but not sure if brand matters or not
    This is what I got and it has worked great.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I dunno I had the anti-glare film ghost armor put onto my Switch and I've enjoyed it so far (outside of the ever so slightly off alignment from when the mall peeps put it on, which irks me to no end mentally but otherwise is fine), helps when playing on like car trips at least and isn't that noticeable otherwise from a normal one indoors. Glass, I mean I had Zagg glass on an iphone before and it wasn't bad, but man when it starts wearing off or it's not on right and/or somehow space/dust starts getting in, then it just looks like shit and another fee to have it replaced. Film at least is cheaper in that regard, and as much as I baby my Switch I just don't see me ever dropping it to warrant needing glass.
    Interesting. I’ve never had a single Zagg glass screen protector do any of that. And I’ve had one on every single smartphone and tablet I’ve ever owned since Zagg started making tempered glass protectors. Either you’re doing something you shouldn’t with them or the installation of it was piss poor.

They’ve been the best protectors I’ve ever used. Hands down.

gamexplain did a head to head comparison of luigis mansion GC and 3ds version and it sheds light on why this isn't for the switch. It isn't a simple port, they basically remade the entire game. Which explains why it's also not on the switch because they used dark moon assets to make it. It's just disappointing in general now, maybe the new 3ds version will look better and keep the charm of the GC? But I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is what I got and it has worked great.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Also what I used.

I put the first one on upside down though, thankfully it came with two hah.

gamexplain did a head to head comparison of luigis mansion GC and 3ds version and it sheds light on why this isn't for the switch. It isn't a simple port, they basically remade the entire game. Which explains why it's also not on the switch because they used dark moon assets to make it. It's just disappointing in general now, maybe the new 3ds version will look better and keep the charm of the GC? But I doubt it.
    Honestly, when it comes to 3DS games, they always seem to look a bit better on the actual 3DS than in trailers in my opinion.
    So I'll hold reservations until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also what I used.

I put the first one on upside down though, thankfully it came with two hah.

Honestly, when it comes to 3DS games, they always seem to look a bit better on the actual 3DS than in trailers in my opinion.
    So I'll hold reservations until then.
    Well they changed things like ghosts are not transparent anymore and dust is removed and the mirror areas don't really work. It's just losing all its charm of the original because they want to cut cost and development

Not even remotely close.

The Wii was just an overclocked gamecube.

Go look at the difference between Xenoblade, a wii game and it's N3DS exclusive counter part. And hell, that is the N3DS even that can't even come close to pushing the Wii's graphics.

Didn't even bother to read the rest of the post.
    Well...

Derp.

Kirby reviews are out. Pretty mixed. Main concerns is compared to triple and robo the game is lacking. It's really short and piss easy

Kirby reviews are out. Pretty mixed. Main concerns is compared to triple and robo the game is lacking. It's really short and piss easy
    Happy I waited then, May grab the 3DS ones first and play those until there is a price drop on this one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD