Deleted
    Well, he was the QB behind Dalton for four years. That makes it possibly, but unlikely he will be a meaningful upgrade after Taylor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I don't know anything about McCarron. Why is he a bad fit for the bills? I assume he is their veteran qb to go along with whoever they draft.
    Eh. I don't think he's any worse than the Mike Glennon/Chase Daniels types that are in his tier. Game seemed slightly too big for him when he started some games for the Bengals a few years back, but he wasn't terrible.

If you just assume your draft pick QB will start at some point during the first year and that McCarron is just a spot starter, then he's probably going to meet your expectations. He won't wow you, but he likely won't sink your team either. If the other players do what they need to do, you'll still win games.

I mean, he couldn't beat out Andy Dalton, there was never even the hint of controversy around them in Cincy, so more playtime and attention might show him to be okay, but don;t expect a full time starter from this signing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I don't know anything about McCarron. Why is he a bad fit for the bills? I assume he is their veteran qb to go along with whoever they draft.
    He had trouble in bad weather.

Siemian and a 2018 7th round pick for a 2019 5th round pick. Seems ok, better than nothing from cutting him.

McCarron looked kind of okish in his starts in 2015, but that Bengals team was loaded. No one can know how he will actually do.
    Last edited by Grube; 2018-03-15 at 12:13 AM.

McCarron will be exactly what we needed - a bridge to a new rookie starter. If he's still playing in December when the bad weather starts, I'd be super surprised. No details of the contract yet, but I'm sure both parties want an out after a year, McCarron as sort of a "prove-it" type deal, Bills in case the rookie is superb. I can't imagine it's better than Teddy's deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    He had trouble in bad weather.
    Which is weird, because it's not like there's good weather here. This is tornado country, he should be used to it.

The Bills choices were Bridgewater, trading for someone's backup or someone like Brock Osweiler or Chad Henne. Bridgewater has not played in a while, Osweiler and Henne suck and a trade would either cost a lot or not give you anything better. McCarron makes the most sense for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just looking at what makes sense for AJ and there wasn't really a choice with all the QBs available. Like I said before he is destined to be a repeat of either Glennon or Flynn.

- - - Updated - - -

Also was thinking, $16mil for Watkins and $15mil for Johnson will probably make for some nice Rams compensatory picks in 2019.

Word on the street is McCarron is 10m over 2 years. That's pretty good value, imo, since McCown is getting 10m for 1 year. AJ definitely got desperate by day's end, and Buffalo was the only place where the starter wasn't clear cut yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope he gets a chance to prove himself this time. Whether he fails or not, I want it to be definite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the Brees contract financials and its about what I expected in that his 2019 cap number will be an insane $33.5 mil, if he actually plays they will surely convert his roster bonus into a signing bonus and push $6 mil into 2020 when his contract will void but still count for ~$16.5 mil dead money.

I was also thinking about Taylor and McCarron and bridge QBs. There just aren't very many incumbent starters that hold off drafted QBs, things are weighed too heavily against them. Glennon only got four games, Savage got half of one game before losing his job. Keenum did well to get 9 games in 2016.

Of the current starting first round pick QBs in the NFL the ones that didn't press for playing time immediately were Rivers, Rodgers, and Jimmy G; it took the likes of Brees, Favre, and Brady, respectively, to stave them off. The only way to not lose your job to a highly drafted QB immediately is to be a future Hall of Famer.

Deleted
    Jimmy G was a second round pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chalk it up to the ten times I edited it before posting. Needed to be eleven times.

-Bad primetime matchups
    -Nobody knows what a catch is
    -Referees suck
    -Too many commercials
    -Concerns about CTE
    -This generation isn't as interested in sports as previous ones

I'm starting to think the NFL's ratings decline has little to nothing to do with the anthem.

Deleted
    Niners trade Dan Kilgore to Miami. Didn't see that one coming even after the Richburg signing. With Sitton also gone to Miami I'm guessing the niners will draft nothing but guards and centers now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Niners trade Dan Kilgore to Miami. Didn't see that one coming even after the Richburg signing. With Sitton also gone to Miami I'm guessing the niners will draft nothing but guards and centers now.
    I'd love to be wrong, but not sold on the lineup changes at C and RB. If Nelson is gone by 9 - and he should be - we don't draft again till 59 and free agent market for guards is empty-ish.

10+ Year Old Account

Some big deals official now

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    $84M guaranteed is insane.

Sheldon Richardson is planning to visit the Vikings. Apparently he's asking for $11-15M, which I don't believe Seattle can or is willing to pay for him considering that they plan on keeping Thomas if possible along with the draft of course. Mind you, a franchise tag would have been $14M. Minnesota still has roughly $25M in cap space even with the Cousins signing. It's going to be a shame if Seattle essentially traded Kearse and a second round pick for someone who stayed for a year when we didn't even make the playoffs last season.
    Last edited by MAGAmobile; 2018-03-15 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Trade: The #Browns have traded Jason McCourty to his brother Devin McCourty and the Patriots… They are swapping 6th and 7th round picks this year."

"The #Patriots almost traded for Jason McCourty when he was with the #Titans… but it took him going to the #Browns for it to happen. Now, the brothers are reunited. @mamaMcCourty doesn’t have to rock the split jersey anymore."

That's pretty cool. McCourty Twins are good guys. They even share a twitter account.

Bit confused about the details though. Browns have obviously high draft picks then the Patriots, so swapping draft picks is actually in the benefit of the Patriots. Not sure how that works out unless this is just a player dump by the Browns that works out cheaper this way than releasing him. Will be curious to see the rationale here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    $84M guaranteed is insane.

Sheldon Richardson is planning to visit the Vikings. Apparently he's asking for $11-15M, which I don't believe Seattle can or is willing to pay for him considering that they plan on keeping Thomas if possible along with the draft of course. Mind you, a franchise tag would have been $14M. Minnesota still has roughly $25M in cap space even with the Cousins signing. It's going to be a shame if Seattle essentially traded Kearse and a second round pick for someone who stayed for a year when we didn't even make the playoffs last season.
    Then hopefully he signs for as much as possible. The Rams gave up a 2nd round pick for Watkins, but can hopefully recoup a 3rd round compensatory pick after his $16m a year deal.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason Suh is going to be visiting New Orleans.

- - - Updated - - -

Jordy to the Raiders, Crabtree cut