10+ Year Old Account
    The "old horde" is war3 horde until WtLK/cata horde
    Never mind then, I agree but as long as we're in BFA Sylvanas's Horde(Or rather Lifeline Horde) will be around.

I think there is something also to be said that from the Alliance perspective, it gets a little silly her not dying. If this was an RTS she’d die almost certainly.
    For some characters, you could say the same.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Because what Saurfang’s basic argument is “Sylvanas is selfish and looks out for herself instead of the Horde.” That in WoW generally (always?) translates to “let me do something really stupid that can destroy the world.”
    Oh, I get that? I'm just saying, what if the story goes sideways in a mirror of Thrall. If he'd been honorable in the Mak'gora he would be dead. Garrosh would've been "Free" to the Orcs because honor would be satisfied. What if the Honorable thing isn't the right thing, for a change?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

I mean someone also will be the leader of Mag'har orcs so some other big named orc might be a part of the story aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I mean someone also will be the leader of Mag'har orcs so some other big named orc might be a part of the story aswell.
    His name is Grommash Hellscream.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Imo I still think the Draenor Orcs are going to be essentially an expeditionary force. The Draenor Horde allying, but not a part of, the Azeroth Horde and just sending some troops over. With no leaders. (Who likely would be Durotan, Grom, or Draka if they kill of Durotan for some reason)

please tell me there is some absolutely juicy new lore datamined about Sylvanas

I wanna see the tears flow from both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    You know what I just realized

the horde is the fire nation, Sylvanas is Firelord Ozai and Saurfang is Uncle Iroh

Fire nation/Horde - lead by an evil ruler (Sylvanas) doing bad things and needs to be stopped, but most of the citizens are normal innocent people who dont know they're doing wrong

Uncle Iroh/Saurfang - Extremely powerful badass general of the firenation/horde who lost a son and is in his old age now can no longer stand by the crap his nation does and leaves. (hell, can even bring Saurfang's niece into the story to be his Zuko)
    GO TEAM AVATAR!!!!

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

hmmm in the very chapter we learn from Nathanos that Sylvannas isnt interested in protecting the horde, but in destroying the alliance

she also refers to the mantle of warchief, or at least the military as an emergency one. she tells nathanos that she wont dismantle the military.

So this tells us there is political precedent for forcing her to step down. That her actions could be viewed as illegal if she uses her authority the wrong way.

garrosh is a bad example because he responded to ppl questining him by openly killing them, or blatantly killing them

by her own admission she new that his tactics were to brash for his taste.

if the horde tells her to stop down(as warchief) and she realizes its in her best interest, she will

she might try to assassinate her enemies first, and THEN step down if it doesnt work

but she's said it herself. shes playing the long game. she doesnt age. all she has to do is 'live' long enough to find another opportunity

after all being warchief was a suprise to her, which means that theoretically her original plan is still in motion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Oh, I get that? I'm just saying, what if the story goes sideways in a mirror of Thrall. If he'd been honorable in the Mak'gora he would be dead. Garrosh would've been "Free" to the Orcs because honor would be satisfied. What if the Honorable thing isn't the right thing, for a change?
    idk everything we know honor = being a good person.

Grom, thrall, Durotan Eitrigg

it has the added bonus of dying nobly but thats about it
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what I just realized

the horde is the fire nation, Sylvanas is Firelord Ozai and Saurfang is Uncle Iroh

Fire nation/Horde - lead by an evil ruler (Sylvanas) doing bad things and needs to be stopped, but most of the citizens are normal innocent people who dont know they're doing wrong

Uncle Iroh/Saurfang - Extremely powerful badass general of the firenation/horde who lost a son and is in his old age now can no longer stand by the crap his nation does and leaves. (hell, can even bring Saurfang's niece into the story to be his Zuko)
    Holy shit that is such a cool comparison. Uncle Iroh was one if not my favorite character from ATLA. It makes sense too, the comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    IM mad if Saurfang is abandoning the horde. Im mad that we might have yet another dead Warchief. Its getting old. Why cant the alliance be bad for once. I want Genn to do something stupid. Or Tyrande. It fits them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    IM mad if Saurfang is abandoning the horde. Im mad that we might have yet another dead Warchief. Its getting old. Why cant the alliance be bad for once. I want Genn to do something stupid. Or Tyrande. It fits them.
    Not what the faction is about(Alliance) besides Genn is fitting that niche but we don't know what he's up to in BFA. I'm not sure Sylvanas will die tho.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not what the faction is about(Alliance) besides Genn is fitting that niche but we don't know what he's up to in BFA. I'm not sure Sylvanas will die tho.
    If Sylvanas is going I want Saurfang to challenge her to Mak'gora. If they want to kill him off honorably make them both die at the same time. Then either a rezzed Vol'jin or Thrall can take over. Perhaps even Baine. But we better not be overthrowing her as a unified faction. Not about that repeated story life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thralls horde is not about being evil either. I want Thralls horde back. The world is healed from the Cataclysm. Hes had time to reflect on his actions. Make him Warchief again at the end of this expasnion if Sylvanas has to go.

Although, I wouldnt be totally opposed to a redeemed Grommash as the horde Warchief. Or even Durotan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thralls horde is not about being evil either. I want Thralls horde back. The world is healed from the Cataclysm. Hes had time to reflect on his actions. Make him Warchief again at the end of this expasnion if Sylvanas has to go.

Although, I wouldnt be totally opposed to a redeemed Grommash as the horde Warchief. Or even Durotan.
    The story is definitely getting old, but with Christie, I suppose the Alliance needed a salt mine or two.

I honestly suspect the AU Orcs coming in probably serves some form of motivation to bring "honor" to the Horde again. Especially since we're seeing heavy influence from Nightborne within BFA already, I would bet we're going to see some form of HMT as well. So Mag'har may be something the places Grommash or Durotan in some form of leadership, maybe even reteach Saurfang what it was like prior to the blood.

Its the Horde's nature

Wc1-Orgrim disagrees with Gul'dan/Blackhand, kills the latter and assume power

Wc2-Gul'dan leaves the horde and they lose the war.

MoP-Garrosh and Vol'jin

BFA- Sylvanas and Saurfang.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

The dialogue with Jaina and Kul Tiras I will say looks pretty good.

darn was kinda hoping we'd get to see the model for the Dark Iron mount and not just the icon. Oh well, guess I just need to patiently wait more :P

darn was kinda hoping we'd get to see the model for the Dark Iron mount and not just the icon. Oh well, guess I just need to patiently wait more :P
    The fact that they've been delaying it to make sure it can also be reskinned for a Dwarf pally mount is more than worth the wait imo

People in the WoWhead comments are getting so absolutely furious at the idea of Saurfang possibly turning coat because of that broadcast text, holy hell

After all the complaining from the Alliance about Kul'tirans, it's refreshing to see that the Horde playerbase is just as easy to frenzy over a lack of context.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The fact that they've been delaying it to make sure it can also be reskinned for a Dwarf pally mount is more than worth the wait imo
    that is if normal dwarves can get it. Bronzbeard players will riot if DI got a pally ram and they didnt.

I wish they just put out hi rez versions of all the old mounts. As a warrior ( wanted to model my character after the classic Wc3 mountain kings) the only way for em to get a high rez ram that isnt DI themed is through the vicious war saddle. #saddorf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Honestly I was hoping for Vol'dun to be unlocked...Oh well...
    As you've said this about four times a day every day for weeks now, we all know. You don't need to keep saying it so much.

Glad to see Kul'Tirans are now basically confirmed as an allied race. I'm a fan of the idea that they unlock after launch with the Zandalari but Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har do in pre-patch. It would make much more sense to recruit them before we set sail for our islands than after we're already there.

Also G'huun's animated model is so grotesque and pulse-y. I love it.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.