Thread: Human Druids

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So instead they made them interesting Druids by coming from a completely different druidic culture. Big deal.
    It requires quite a lot of lore rewriting or asspull to make this even slightly believable. So yeah, it is for me, someone who cares about the story, kind of a big deal. I understand you don't, since you think it's "interesting" before you've even read a word of lore justifying this stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Also, you seem to rather like that word.
    Saying what I actually want to might get me banned, so I can't really sprinkle my posts with my usual flames. I have some choice words I'd like to say to someone who attacks words instead of actual arguments too, but again, I'd prefer not to get banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordentor View Post
    It requires quite a lot of lore rewriting or asspull to make this even slightly believable. So yeah, it is for me, someone who cares about the story, kind of a big deal. I understand you don't, since you think it's "interesting" before you've even read a word of lore justifying this stupidity.

Saying what I actually want to might get me banned, so I can't really sprinkle my posts with my usual flames. I have some choice words I'd like to say to someone who attacks words instead of actual arguments too, but again, I'd prefer not to get banned.
    You sure are aggressively convinced that the Kul Tiran Druids are lacking any lore when the content isn't even done being created yet.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

Gilneans can become druids because of their harvest witch history, and Kul Tirans are former Gilneans. Makes sense to me. The worgen curse had nothing to do with granting humans the power of druid forms like bear, cat and boomkin anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

No, it really doesn't. There's nothing in the lore preventing a seperate Druid culture from springing up somewhere, and Kul Tirans are already the third one.

Yeah, you might want to work on that. All you do there is illustrating that you're the one with the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    Those look awesome!!
    Yep! I'm actually excited about this. I may just end up switching Races after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yep! I'm actually excited about this. I may just end up switching Races after all.
    Since we're not getting Pan-Druids any time soon, i'm seriously considering provided the Wickerkin model is nice.

It's the stupidest fucking thing Blizzard has ever pulled out of their useless lore ass. Someone should get fucking fired because they couldn't be arsed to find an actual interesting race to add with druids and instead opted for fucking humans. Because we don't have enough of those.
    While I think Zandalari are a neat race and their forms are amazing, it's better than getting both the races you already had on your faction, a different subset of them, both getting Druid.

Tauren and Troll: Druid.
    HM Tauren and ZD Troll: Druid.

Kind of a shitty pattern. I know Worgen are Gilnean Humans but it's not like the Human race has the Druid class. Also we don't know what the third race for Alliance will be. Sethrak is a possibility if Vulpera/Voldunai are the Horde 3rd race and what a sweet ass Druid race that would be, huh?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I don't like the idea of Kul tiran human druids either.
    Although the forms might look cool, the overall characters are just boring humans...
    Most annoying for me is the fact that this will take up an allied race slot and is again something that was never requested by the players.
    Yet another completely invented "new race" to go for us....

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the stupidest fucking thing Blizzard has ever pulled out of their useless lore ass. Someone should get fucking fired because they couldn't be arsed to find an actual interesting race to add with druids and instead opted for fucking humans. Because we don't have enough of those.
    The Irony. Druids were a sect of Humans in the real world Celtic Culture. Much of Kul-tiras it based off Celtic Culture. It's actually one of the most reasonable lore combinations they've ever done.

If I ever play a Kul'tiran Druid I'd literally have to stay in their forms at all times.

Just imagine how the armor will look on them...

there is nothing wrong with human druids, if they are not from stormwind.

Logically every race can be anything, it will be if it have a good lore and if it is needed on gameplay perspective;

so far, the alliance lacks druid options, so in gameplay perspective the next allied race druid would be good, the Lore is ok and back up pretty well, so its fine

Druidism and druids are not just night elf culture and cenarius, people need to understand this

I'm fine with this TBH. They changed lore for trolls and used loas as wild gods. Kul druids will more than likely be using this death druid magic they talked about and learned from there e.g learn from stuff left behind by the durst.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    I don't like the idea of Kul tiran human druids either.
    Although the forms might look cool, the overall characters are just boring humans...
    Most annoying for me is the fact that this will take up an allied race slot and is again something that was never requested by the players.
    Yet another completely invented "new race" to go for us....
    game designers should only add things that are requested by the playerbase. they should totally never do things they want with the game they design.

Deleted
    I am rerolling into a fat human druid the first moment i get

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    So I just heard about this rumor.

So help me god if we get crap human druids with most likely boring forms when horde got DINOMANCERS I'll be livid.

Please tell me Blizzard isn't doing this. Out of all the cool races they could have added for Alliance that could be druid adding Human druids, even Kul'tiran human druids is the dumbest thing I've heard yet.
    Last I checked, Gilneas had Human Druids before becoming Worgen, so why are are you only whining about this now after all these years?

10+ Year Old Account
    According to some graph I found by typing "wow most played race" into google; more people play humans than any other race in both eu and us. So while humans may be boring, apparently a majority of people would rather play them.
    Alliance needs more races with druids. Giving it to an allied race based on the most played race in the game is a good decision, and takes the gamble out of giving the druid class to a different race that many people would be interested in.
    For example dwarves are one of the least played races. Giving a dwarf allied race the druid class and fancy new druid forms might make them more desirable, but something based on humans is more likely to get more people to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoo View Post
    Giving a dwarf allied race the druid class and fancy new druid forms might make them more desirable, but something based on humans is more likely to get more people to play them.
    You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think that more people will be interested in playing obese humans than would be playing Wildhammers (assuming equivelent effort for form: Gryphon flight form etc).

I get that plenty of people prefer the down to earth nature of humans but plenty of those people prefer them exactly because they let them live out an idealised fantasy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that not many people will see their ideal heroic human saviour with fat rolls.

I was hoping for Wildhammer Dwarf Druids, but I like Kul'Tiran Druids as well. I'm OK with the idea of Human Druids. I'm a fan of WoW lore, and I think they can make it work. Human Druids already exist in game through Worgan story, and honestly there's really no reason that culture cannot spread to other races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean...Gilnean druids could be argued as "human" druids with the Worgen form being a Druid of the Fang form, but more permanent.

There's no 'changing of the lore' or 'retcons', I think people who claim that aren't exactly as up on the lore as they claim. Druidism is absolutely nothing but the harnessing of nature magic, which is a primal magic of the universe like arcane, fel, shadow and fire. Any race can be druids, the only thing preventing them is a culture that would bring forth something like druidism.

Now if Gnomes/Goblins could be druids and basically ride inside mecha animal forms, that would be cool as fuck, but it wouldn't fit with harnessing nature magic unless there's a massive shift in the culture of Gnomes especially.

Now Kul Tiran Druids with wicker animal forms, that's cool, and totally fits the lore as it's been since day 1 of the Warcraft universe.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.