Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    The trading restriction exist for a reason, and no it's not because "Blizzard hates fun" it's to stop the toxic fuckers out there bullying people into giving up loot or losing their raid/guild spot.
    But that's the whole point of the idea. The RL can bully you, but the item is already in your hands. Don't be a pansy and trade away shit you need. On the other hand, people complaining about loot master corruption and unfairness won't have anything to complain about.

If somebody told me to trade them an item or lose my raid spot, I would quit the guild and watch that raid fall apart. Its that simple. These days, the gap between the "best" raider and the "worst" raider on a mythic raid team is not that that big, everybody deserves loot.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    This would effectively be ML with more drops. After the kill you'd just send all loot to the loot master to distribute.
    Why would anybody do that, if somebody gets loot, they can determine themselves if they need it or not. If they don't, they can send it to the loot council to be distributed.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2018-03-16 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooby View Post
    Okay so I have a 950 Haste/Crit ring as a Shadow Priest. I get a 965 ring to drop that has Versatility/Mastery. In a world where that's an upgrade for me, the game is so shallow that I won't be playing it anymore. You would have to have the primary stat on that ring so massively overpowered in comparison to secondary stats that they become entirely worthless.

You can't have a world where secondary stats are interesting to character progression and setup but small ilvl increases are upgrades despite having the worst secondaries. It simply won't work.
    this is exactly what he said is going to be the case, a 5 ilvl difference might mean secondaries win, but a 10 ilvl difference or above, Ilvl will win out every time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    If somebody told me to trade them an item or lose my raid spot, I would quit the guild and watch that raid fall apart. Its that simple. These days, the gap between the "best" raider and the "worst" raider on a mythic raid team is not that that big, everybody deserves loot.
    I don't understand how a raid leader telling you to trade an item to another raider with this new system would be any different to the way ML currently works with every other guild in regards to people getting loot. The only difference is that you'd be trading the piece as opposed to the master looter assigning the piece of gear himself.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-03-16 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I don't understand how a raid leader telling you to trade an item to another raider with this new system would be any different to the way ML currently works with every other guild in regards to people getting loot. The only difference is that you'd be trading the piece as opposed to the master looter assigning the piece of gear himself.
    You're making too much sense, you need to stop that right now or I will be forced to report you. I'm so offended right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifelol View Post
    You guys realize that your raid has to be 80% of the same guild in order to even set it to Master Loot right? You also realize it's an "option" to enable said loot method right? Master Loot isn't a person behind your chair pointing a gun to your head saying " YOU BETTER ENABLE ME RIGHT NOW OR I'M BLOWING YOUR FUCKING BRAINS OUT MOTHERFUCKER". So why remove something that isn't causing issues? Makes 0 sense and that's why a lot of people are not happy about it.

If you prefer PL, awesome! Keep using PL! No one is stopping you. At the same time, guilds that have organized loot systems and prefer using ML because we want to have efficiency when it comes to handing out loot so we can get it to the right players/classes that will most benefit for the GUILDS PROGRESSION (not personal gain), let us keep that option. I haven't heard a single case where Master Loot went into a raid and killed everyone because it didn't get used. Personal Loot isn't efficient, someone could get a trinket that is complete garbage for them but is really good for someone else but they can't trade it because of the ilvl lock. Your tanks could get completely fucked and get maybe 1-2 pieces of loot for the first 3 weeks and not have enough stam/mitigation stats to survive a boss, your dps could get shitty itemized gear that they can't wear and or can't meet dps checks because you got unlucky on loot?

When you're in a competitive guild regardless if you're top 10 world or top 100 of your region, you need efficiency and consistency and PL doesn't give you either of those. So at the end of the day, if you like PL keep using it and if you don't like ML well then just ignore the little button and move on with your life and leave that option available to the people that do want to use it and have been using it for a very long time.
    you are missing the point

and the point is guild gear up too fast in too beneficial way.

its meant to slow down gear acqusitions. and it will get work done

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you are missing the point

and the point is guild gear up too fast in too beneficial way.

its meant to slow down gear acqusitions. and it will get work done

No, YOU'RE missing the point. Guilds that run splits will now have you run multiple runs with alts of the same class as your "main" and then whichever one of those characters gets the most geared will be your new main. Those guilds and many others are going to find ways to work around it like they always do. It's not going to slow down anything. All it's doing is making it a nightmare for a lot of progression raiding guilds.

I'm confused as to why people that like PL are arguing with people that want to keep ML as an OPTION, we aren't saying that we want ML as the only option for everyone, just let us keep the option to use it. Why can't you guys grasp this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Top end guilds lacking the self control to do endless split runs and burning themselves out is their own problem, not the game's. I belong in a casual Mythic guild, we never do split runs, and we are still progressing very nicely (on Coven now).

Self-inflicted burnout is not a problem that Blizzard needs to fix.
    Actually, it IS the game developer's job to encourage players in a certain direction and discourage undesired behaviors.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

No, YOU'RE missing the point. Guilds that run splits will now have you run multiple runs with alts of the same class as your "main" and then whichever one of those characters gets the most geared will be your new main. Those guilds and many others are going to find ways to work around it like they always do. It's not going to slow down anything. All it's doing is making it a nightmare for a lot of progression raiding guilds.

I'm confused as to why people that like PL are arguing with people that want to keep ML as an OPTION, we aren't saying that we want ML as the only option for everyone, just let us keep the option to use it. Why can't you guys grasp this?
    What's really going to be fun is trying to progression raid when RNG decided to give your tanks and healers all the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    What's really going to be fun is trying to progression raid when RNG decided to give your tanks and healers all the gear.
    we have yet to see a raid tier that requires gear beyond the previous difficulty, and if your dps'ers didn't minmax their heroic dungeon/mythic dungeon drops, then it's on them. Drops gotten from the raid is hardly going to make a big difference in wether you can progress or not.

Deleted
    Wow becomes more and more single player game everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooby View Post
    Why be in a guild filled with toxic people like that in the first place? Maybe choose a guild that isn't absolutely terrible and this wouldn't be an issue
    Terrible in environment might mean great in progression though, which is what progress-minded people will put up with to get somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    we have yet to see a raid tier that requires gear beyond the previous difficulty, and if your dps'ers didn't minmax their heroic dungeon/mythic dungeon drops, then it's on them. Drops gotten from the raid is hardly going to make a big difference in wether you can progress or not.
    Right, it's the dps's fault when all the untradeable week one gear goes to healers and tanks because rng. And who said anything about dungeons?
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-03-17 at 12:54 AM.

we have yet to see a raid tier that requires gear beyond the previous difficulty, and if your dps'ers didn't minmax their heroic dungeon
    I actually stopped reading as soon as I got to that part of your statement. You clearly have no clue what progression raiding is and anything you have to say is probably not very constructive as rude as me saying this sounds.
    Last edited by Strifelol; 2018-03-17 at 01:11 AM.

I'm just sitting here wondering.. what bothers all those casuals on ML that they want it removed so hard.. if they, according to their statements, dont even use it and use PL? Does it really bother you that someone who puts effort into the game and runs multiple runs a week gets better gear than you running it once a week? Well bad news for you, you are still gonna look jealously at those players, cuz by the time you manage to clear full heroic with your casual guild, they are gonna be nearly done with mythic.

So please, casuals using PL .. keep your opinions to yourself and dont FORCE PL on us. We dont force ML on you. Its all about freedom of choice.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    personal
    ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l
    adjective
    belonging to or affecting a particular person rather than anyone else.

When a guild has to use personal loot, are you even a guild anymore, or just a pug that talk in voice sometimes...

I actually stopped reading as soon as I got to that part of your statement. You clearly have no clue what progression raiding is and anything you have to say is probably not very constructive as rude as me saying this sounds.
    week one you cant do mythic plus, and your mythic dungeon lockout is weekly. Hence why i mention heroic dungeons. Since that is the next pre-tier gear we will be farming, and most likely will also be the main type of gear method etc will beat the raids on mythic with in the first tier.

It was the same way in EN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    I'm just sitting here wondering.. what bothers all those casuals on ML that they want it removed so hard.. if they, according to their statements, dont even use it and use PL? Does it really bother you that someone who puts effort into the game and runs multiple runs a week gets better gear than you running it once a week? Well bad news for you, you are still gonna look jealously at those players, cuz by the time you manage to clear full heroic with your casual guild, they are gonna be nearly done with mythic.

So please, casuals using PL .. keep your opinions to yourself and dont FORCE PL on us. We dont force ML on you. Its all about freedom of choice.
    For those on the fence with mythic raiding, taking out loot drama from the equation, is imo a fairly attractive thing.
    Though personally there still needs to be more rewards to warrant taking nights off to raid on a schedule and things i'd personally want more than forced PL:
    1 realisticly being able to farm BIS gear while also having bis gear locked behind mythic difficulty (if i can get it from 5man dungeons that dont require a schedule, there's little point in doing mythic raiding)
    2 bosses (not just phases) that only appear in mythic,
    3 unique armor designs (not just recolors).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not purging it as much as making it much less relevant. Having it out of the game may be their ultimate goal but they'll do it in stages.

----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Primemrip View Post
    When a guild has to use personal loot, are you even a guild anymore, or just a pug that talk in voice sometimes...
    Yes, still a guild. Because a good guild, a solid guild, is about a whole lot more than a loot distribution system.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-03-17 at 02:48 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Right, it's the dps's fault when all the untradeable week one gear goes to healers and tanks because rng. And who said anything about dungeons?
    my point is dps don't "need" the gear.

my point is dps don't "need" the gear.
    Tell that to any boss with a tight enrage. You can deal with undergeared tanks and healers, undergeared dps is no bueno

If people really want to, they can transform personal loot into master looter. Just force people to put up all the loot for a roll - and guilds with strict leadership will have no problem with doing that.

I doubt master loot option will be going away though. They just said people will lose reasons to use it

PS. Also, lol at the guy who thinks that guilds cease being guilds if they aren't fighting for the same loot pieces