Epic stuff, 10/10 new desktop wallpaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone get 17 a Senzu. Not from the tanking the explosion thing, I mean his back has to hurt from carrying this universe so hard.

- - - Updated - - -

So in the next episode, it looks like Frieza and 17 manage to fight Jiren since he is half dead. But also it looks like a non-transformed Goku is getting involved, which he wouldn't likely do unless he was desperate. Meaning, Frieza and 17 likely can't finish the job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    That should have been a fucking desqualification in the spot
    You figure with all the angels, 2 Gods of Destruction, and several fighters roughly equal to GoD's, that attack would have had like, zero effect. Did the job of scaring Goku into rage mode tho

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sigh. I am so tired of 17. Before this tournament I actually liked his character, but they made him such a random Mary Sue, from out of nowhere, that I find it hard not to be disgusted. The top 3 by far for universe 7, in terms of both strength and results, should have always been Frieza, Vegeta and Goku.
    The androids were always Mary sue’s so I’m not surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusrules View Post

Epic stuff, 10/10 new desktop wallpaper.
    That pic has some god awful eyes.

the pew pew is pretty, but literally everything else now is 0/10 level of stupid

Jiren butthurt is > 9000, hope to never see him again after this

I am so ready for this to be over

IMO the ToP arc flat out ruined Super (I thouight it was passable overall until then, not counting the 2 rehash arcs), but if you are able to literally turn brain off and stare at the colors and Michael Bay explosions then its "good"

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode was mostly awesome, but 17 being back was dumb and bad. Like, Gohan going out with Dyspo dumb and bad.

I'll reserve judgment on next episode until I see it, but I think the fight probably should've ended here. I just doubt Goku sharing the spotlight with two other guys against Jiren will top what we've seen so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Episode was mostly awesome, but 17 being back was dumb and bad. Like, Gohan going out with Dyspo dumb and bad.
    You knew it was coming though. So far, EVERY time a fighter has been eliminated it would show Zen-oh marking them off his God-Pad. Never once did for Frieza or 17.

it was never outright stated that 17 died.

Grand Priest assumed that he died.

that begs the question, where the f*** was he LoL.

anyway, the episode was amazing.

animation, music and the difference between Goku and Jiren (what Geekdom talked about) was really a nice touch.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and just imagine what will Goku say in the Dub

I am Hope of the Universe! Light in the Darkness! Embodiment of friendship!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So DBS ends next week. How would you rate the arcs? It could be by numbers, order, whatever, and I don't think the last episode will change my ranking much. I have it as Goku Black/ Zamazu > U6 vs U7 > ToP > Beerus > Frieza. Not going to count the filler stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    So DBS ends next week. How would you rate the arcs? It could be by numbers, order, whatever, and I don't think the last episode will change my ranking much. I have it as Goku Black/ Zamazu > U6 vs U7 > ToP > Beerus > Frieza. Not going to count the filler stuff.
    Zamasu > U6 vs U7 > ToP >= BoG > RoF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Goku Black/Zamasu arc>Filler>U6vsU7=ToP>Beerus>Freeza.

Say what you will about the filler stuff, but in general I really liked it. It was a nice change of pace, and gave the series room to breath. And it's hard for me to completely hate the ToP even if Jiren is the worst fucking "antagonist" that DBZ has had. Things like Roshi's fights, the U6 Saiyans, Freeza being devious as all hell and almost anything to do with 17 have been golden. And seeing Gohan come into his own was amazing, even if it was later ruined by him needing to be saved by picollo/going out with dyspo. Like, all those moments were as good as the Goku Black arc for me, even with it's terrible ending. But then you have the stuff which ruins it. Jiren. The unending amounts of BS through "And then the person was completely drained EXCEPT NOT REALLY!". The wasted opportunities with certain fighters, the quite frankly terrible use of UI/MUI. I swear it's the most inconsistent arc in Dragon Ball other than the Buu Saga.

Why wasn't jiren DQ:d or killed in the instant when he blast trying to kill U7 people?
    I just don't get it why this tournament have rules that doesn't mean anything. Making Goku waste energy when Jiren should have been just destroyed on the spot.

17 is now alive and he could easily give energy to Goku. All because androids got eternal energy source that cannot be depleted.
    And tournament should be done already because Goku and Jiren did fight long fight but no there is still time for few plot twists.

But after this episode i just want that jiren will be hammered and beaten. He is just the main villain of super. Trying to be good guy but he is total asshole and thinks only himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 1 more ep left. I expected frezza to hit goku in the back, but it was something else.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I just wonder why was Goku trying to heal Jiren in the end? Does he really have a senzu bean instead of a brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    yeah 1 ep left this episode was awesome next is gonna be better
    i love how frezza and C17 teamup against this asshole
    I don't think the fight will be better that this one, really.

it will be very short, maybe first 5 minutes.

other 20 will be about Super Dragon Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    I just wonder why was Goku trying to heal Jiren in the end? Does he really have a senzu bean instead of a brain?
    I don't think he wanted to heal him.

it seemed that way at first but when he swung his hand, I'm pretty sure he wanted to knock him off.

What I had realised during this battle was, the arc in the end was just a big mess with the writing. It wasn't until Jiren powered up to maximum (Again) that I thought - During the beginning of the ToP, Jiren lay in the background lazing around "meditating". Nothing ever came of this, based off the assumptions that his power came from meditating but this wasn't the case.

The arc started on episode 97 and it wasn't until 109 he started, loitering around. If his power was not tied to the meditating he would have not broken a sweat in clearing the decks, thus leaving more time to battle Goku (Most likely) while leaving the rest of his universe still remaining.

I still did enjoy the last battle though, shame that this will be the last episode next week (For the foreseeable anyway)... Wonder if Grand Priest will try anything...

That was an energy blast not a heal right before UI ran out. I thought he was going to do the freeza thing too, but it formed into a blast right before it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It was yellow. All his energy blasts in UI were blue-white
    Watch this (2:34), it looks identical
    Yes, but he reared back like KI blasts randomly do in the show and then the dramatic music cut in when the UI ran out. The dramatic music would not have cut in and we wouldn't have got a "omg we were about to win" thing happen if he was going to heal Jiren.

A bit of more specifics, the arm thing that went with the KI blast is supposed to show "more force" is being put behind a KI blast, similar to how shows do it with punches and stuff. If that wasn't present, and the dramatic music didn't happen, I would be more convinced it was a heal.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2018-03-18 at 01:03 PM.

I really can't swallow 17 being back. Like, I tend to turn my brain on the lowest settings while watching DBS, but this is beyond that. What, did High Priest just decided to fuck about saying 17 is dead to mess with everyone? Did the potentially strongest being in the universe not realise that he was still alive? I know he's an android, but come on. And from the promo for the next episode we've seen him and Frieza somehow holding their own against Jiren in his "sad because he remembered his backstory" state when they were being mopped by vastly weaker Toppo, wonder how they pull that off.

Also, if someone made a drinking game out of "someone knocks an important fighter down and doesn't finish the job" and watched the tournament they would die several times over from liquid intake alone. Yeah, Goku has been saved from falling by 17/Frieza, but he's right fucking there, knock him down Jiren.

I admit fighting choreography was sweet, but nothing makes any sort of sense here. Well, I guess Goku suffering from side effects of Ultra Instinct was pretty clever. 1 episode left, wonder how this gets wrapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I really can't swallow 17 being back. Like, I tend to turn my brain on the lowest settings while watching DBS, but this is beyond that. What, did High Priest just decided to fuck about saying 17 is dead to mess with everyone?
    technically he said we can assume that he self destruct.

it doesn't justify that he didn't knew he was alive but still.

as for Jiren, he most likely isn't in the best shape so I guess he is extremely weakened.

he is barely standing.