Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    "We are calling retcons everything we don't understand or don't like" ~ Community
    cause it is exactly what happened

He was racist from the beginning of Wrath and there were always hints as to where his character was going, i.e. him being garbage and not fit to even be a part of the horde, let alone lead it.

In which Garrosh suggests murdering children is morally righteous:
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I think it was the sounds of the draenei children that unnerved most of them... You never forget...
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Have you ever been to Jaggedswine Farm? When the swine are of age for the slaughter... It's that sound. The sound of the swine being killed... It resonates the loudest. Those are hard times for us older veterans.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!
    The Stonetalon ending was an aberration. That was the only writing mistake. We can tell because, as the quote above proves, Garrosh is not above murdering children, and later, we see Garrosh have no qualms about murdering children and other innocents throughout Cataclysm and MoP, even before he finds the heart.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    regardless he was never racist, and never judge anyone by race, but by his values and commitment with the horde

yes but again he was not a jerk to the horde and not a racist, even Garrosh knew was a bad idea to put him as warchief but thrall did it anyway. only in MOP they start to build Garrosh-Hitler.
    Excerpt from The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm:

Garrosh caught Thrall looking at him and smiled. "It is good to be here," he said.

"Good to enjoy the accolades you have earned?" Thrall asked.

"Of course. But it is also good to see the orcs. To see them remembering, as I did, what it means to be an orc. To fight the just battle, to defeat your foes, to celebrate your victory with the same passion that let you earn it."

"The Horde is more than just orcs, Garrosh," Thrall reminded him.

"Yes. But we are its core. Its center. And if we hold firmly to that, to what it means-- then you will see more victories from your Horde, Warchief. You will see more than that. You will see chests swell with pride at being who they are. And their war cry of 'For the Horde!' will come not just from their lips but from their hearts."
    Don't get me wrong as this book was written with an agenda. It clearly frames Garrosh as a douche-nozzle but not, out-rightly, evil. But it does begin to outline that Garrosh, from the outset, saw the orcs as a superior element of the Horde. It was still Thrall's mistake to put that mindset into power. Anybody -really- would've been better; but I think Garrosh would not abide by another anyway, certainly not a non-orc.

Stonetalon was, and has always been, an outlier for Garrosh. It was a deviation from all the direction he'd been under up until that point and ever since. Unfortunately, it was also one of the cooler moments in WoW lore so it gained traction with a lot of people. Quest and Narrative designers have since pointed out that it was in poor keeping with the rest of Garrosh's arc. They said he should have emphasised that it was the waste of the bomb that he was outraged at and not specifically it's use on innocents. Because Garrosh LOVED hurting innocents. He would use any excuse, any vague justification, to punish people who'd expressed no ill-will towards him. And -like the adolescent Alpha teenage boy he styled himself after- he would hear no reprimand to his authority and his entitlement to how right he thought himself. Right until his dying words.
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2018-03-18 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Bingo! Yes Kosak! Whatever happened to that guy?
    Moved to Hearthstone.

How do you ruin a piece of shit though?
    Leave it to Blizzard to find a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Excerpt from The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm:
    except that this don't prove he was racist

no one show a single proof hat Garrosh was a racist jerk before MOP yet

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

All of cataclysm proves it. The way he treated the forsaken, the trolls, the Tauren and the goblins. The way he treated the magnataur. The way he treated every single Alliance race.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Bingo! Yes Kosak! Whatever happened to that guy?
    He is practicing sex tourism in some forest with ben brode.

Deleted

The trolls were moved to the slums and then kicked out of Orgrimmar, how isn't that racist?

7+ Year Old Account
    All of cataclysm proves it. The way he treated the forsaken, the trolls, the Tauren and the goblins. The way he treated the magnataur. The way he treated every single Alliance race.
    he didn't treated taurens and goblin bad, only trolls because of vol'jin and forsaken because of LK and putress

disliking a race because reasons A or B don't mean he dislike all just by their race alone

i think people played another cataclysm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The trolls were moved to the slums and then kicked out of Orgrimmar, how isn't that racist?
    maybe because vol'jin sworn to kill him?

Deleted
    They were moved before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Can't ruin what's already broken.
    I really don't get what people like about Garrosh, he was a racist, a warmonger, and the worst warchief ever. I really don't get why anyone like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Because he always was supposed to be villain? Jesus even Blizzard told you so and Stonetalon Mountains was fuck up on cooperation among writers. Garrosh was idiot, racist and fcking emo with daddy issues.

Chronicles just clear up the mess.
    Chronicles makes pointless retcons. Also lol @ being triggered about fictional racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Garrosh was a cunt. He was a racist, he was a supremist. I genuinely don't understand why he has fans.
    Racism is apparently the world's biggest crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Amathricus View Post
    Wouldn't take advice from non-orc advisors (Cairne for example)
    Cairne never gave any meaningful advice to him while he was acting Warchief. Cairne simply stormed in Orgrimmar, assaulted him, and challenged him to mak'gora. Vol'jin also opened up with death threats.

or even some of the older Thrall-loyal orcs (Etrigg).
    Probably because Eitrigg wanted to end the war, despite the fact that it was 100% justified.

His underling, Malkorak bombed the inn in Razor Hill while Vol'jin and Baine were inside, and Garrosh was fine with it.
    The Razor Hill inn had become the spot to hold secret, subversive anti-Garrosh meetings. Is a legitimate sovereign trying to clamp down on would-be insurgents and rabble-rousers a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Atleast Varian had reasons be jerk and ass to Horde and orcs. Garrosh used his daddy issues.
    Yeah, it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Orgrimmar's citizens were starving, and the Orcs were stretched thin helping their worthless allies, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Except the for the fact that from the very moment he arrived in Durotar he became aggressive to Thrall, constantly insulting and undermining him, right up until he outright challenges Thrall to a fight to the death and tries to take over the Horde.
    Actually not true. "Heart of War" shows him defending Thrall from Krenna initially, until he realizes just what Thrall's leadership has done to the Orcs.

And then the first thing he does after becomming warchief is to make enemies of the trolls and the tauren, while pressing the forsaken under his thumb and threatening to wipe them out.
    Cairne assaulted him and challenged him to mak'gora. Vol'jin threatened to assassinate him.

Quote Originally Posted by slyphofspace View Post
    reignited the faction war because...I don't know he hates humans because daddy issues,
    That's not why the faction war was reignited. Garrosh actually started in Ashenvale, he did so because the Night Elves had severed trade, and Orgrimmar, which had been hit by a famine, was economically reliant upon trade with the Night Elves anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Yep, I ruined your favorite lore! I admit it.
    I like how you don't even make an attempt to justify the retcons. Like you openly admit it's the hallmark of fantastically shitty writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Can't ruin what's already broken.
    I really don't get what people like about Garrosh, he was a racist, a warmonger, and the worst warchief ever. I really don't get why anyone like him.
    ITT: Limpwristed pacifists think starting wars for resources are bad, and (justified) racism is a horrible trait.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    he didn't treated taurens and goblin bad, only trolls because of vol'jin and forsaken because of LK and putress

disliking a race because reasons A or B don't mean he dislike all just by their race alone

i think people played another cataclysm

- - - Updated - - -

Refusing to aid Bane reclaim TB. Forcing goblins to live in a slum and work day and night to build war machines While the kor'kron abused them and Forcing Sylvanas to use her soldiers as cannon fodder in Silverpine versus the worgen. You are constantly blatantly wrong.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Forcing goblins to live in a slum and work day and night to build war machines While the kor'kron abused them.
    Perhaps they should have built more reliable machines?

Unwilling to accept the flows of time and change? Hm, sounds like a terrible Chaos Sorcerer.
    Maybe the guy worships Nurgle instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted

Interesting view on your pereception of what is right.
    So for you it is totally fine to punish an entire race for what one member of said race threatens (not even doing) to do?
    (Hint: That is basically the deffinition of raceism.)

I know that you garrosh /sylvanas fanbois lack logic yet so often, but please try to at least think for a second before you post something as concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I like how you don't even make an attempt to justify the retcons. Like you openly admit it's the hallmark of fantastically shitty writing.
    Oh I do, I never said that Warcraft had good writing. I have my own reasons to hate it though but Garrosh retcons aren’t one of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Refusing to aid Bane reclaim TB.
    the same baine who didn't want to deal with the quilboar treat and mock Garrosh because he tried to do something but got caught in a trap?

same Baine who father bitchslapped him and chalenge him to makgora? and another tauren poisoned his weapon? anyway he could have reason of why he didn't aid Baine in that

Forcing goblins to live in a slum
    i don't hink he force then in nothing, they basically build the slums, its petty much a minor version of kezan

and work day and night to build war machines While the kor'kron abused them
    you mean kick some lazy goblins ass? we do that all the time with the peons
    and Forcing Sylvanas to use her soldiers as cannon fodder in Silverpine versus the worgen.
    i already said why he didn't like the forsaken/undead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Oh I do, I never said that Warcraft had good writing. I have my own reasons to hate it though but Garrosh retcons aren’t one of them.
    "It's not good, so I might as well be happy when they make it shittier because it now conforms to my former headcanon"
    Wew lad.