Thread: Master Looter

Page 1 of 48
... LastLast

Master Looter

First off I want to see if we can keep this conversation mature.

First we need to clarify something. What is a mythic guild. A mythic guild is a guild that completes heroic content the first week of release and are stating mythic day 1 of opening.

To many guilds think they are a mythic that start doing mythic a month so after release.

The only reason for master looter is you are par of a guild that is starting mythic right when it is released because you are very uner geared and are trying to squeeze out every little dps to down a boss.

Why do people exept master looter that are in mythic guild )but really are heroic guilds)?

It appears to many people feel trhat their officers are up to date on every peice of loot per spec by sims. Also people have to much fair in human nature.

Its proven that human nature there will always be favorites or stuff tgiven to friends or officers over others.

How many remember when to get legendaries you actually had to do the raid and tge first person to get was the gm or officer over others.

Something people need to remember that you guild is nothing without you. It does not matter what the gm or officers what, if the mass of the guild does not want master looter then make it known. Tell them if they dont want to switch then they are not raiding.

For people that are not in top 100 explain how master looter, loot concil is making or breaking you downing bosses. I bet the reason you are not downing a boss is because of mechanics not dps.

I am glad to hear that there is a chance that master looter is going away.

Let's hear people matire replies.

I don't know if I have a matire reply but the elimination of master looter just makes the game more of a single player game and that is what it seems that the developers want.

The whole idea of a raiding guild is that some individual sacrifices are made so the overall group can go farther in progression, such as gearing the tanks and healers first.

Blizzards desire is to have RNG be the only factor in your gearing i.e. Blizzard can keep you undergeared and chasing that carrot forever like a stupid donkey instead of enjoying your friends helping you out.

If you truly feel that your guild dislikes you enough to not give you gear then you are either in the wrong guild or you are a dick and you need to get your attitude better.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2018-03-18 at 09:12 AM.

Wow you just proved my point, look at the top guilds, method in one of there posts talked about how they gear dps then tanks and healers.

I hope you are not on a loot consoul because you hit my point on the head.

Deleted
    I changed matire when it went flat. Didn't need master looter at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grenstar View Post
    First we need to clarify something. What is a mythic guild. A mythic guild is a guild that completes heroic content the first week of release and are stating mythic day 1 of opening.
    Bullshit we're fully clearing mythic every time and we never start mythic day 1 of opening, aside from cases where it's total faceroll like Antrous where we really started first week simply because first couple of bosses fall over dead as soon as you look at them silly.

We're currently world 396, if we're not a mythic guild then fuck me, probably you are one of those that thing that there are only like 50 mythic guilds in the world.

We also use Master Looter and Loot Council and at the start it is important because of tier sets, Loot Council does not need to be expert on every last bloody stat for everyone, because such things as 2-set and 4-set as well as DPS/Healer/Tank gearing priorities are pretty universal, as well as relics and few specific trinkets which are known to be great for specific types or such plain obvious things where an item 20 ilvls higher is more likely to be a greater upgrade for someone as opposed to 5 ilvls item, where our raiders have decency to pass minor upgrade where it's minor.

We raid 2 times a week for 3 hours and we need all gear optimization we can get, as we don't have the luxury of trying to break boss walls with our faces raiding 5 times a week until our eyes bleed.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-03-18 at 02:58 PM.

Why were you not clearing mythic the first week or 2?

I disagree with you being a mythic guild. Go ahead, curse, stop your feet screaming you are a mythic guild. I honestly don't care.

I'm only 3/11 mythic and really don't care.

I play when I have time.

I choose not to play with groups that use loot consoul.

With tier sets being gone, there will even less justification for lc.

I have no problem doing a mythic now or later.

FYI my choice.

First off I want to see if we can keep this conversation mature.

To many guilds think they are a mythic that start doing mythic a month so after release.

The only reason for master looter is you are par of a guild that is starting mythic right when it is released because you are very uner geared and are trying to squeeze out every little dps to down a boss.

Why do people exept master looter that are in mythic guild )but really are heroic guilds)?

It appears to many people feel trhat their officers are up to date on every peice of loot per spec by sims. Also people have to much fair in human nature.

Its proven that human nature there will always be favorites or stuff tgiven to friends or officers over others.

How many remember when to get legendaries you actually had to do the raid and tge first person to get was the gm or officer over others.

Something people need to remember that you guild is nothing without you. It does not matter what the gm or officers what, if the mass of the guild does not want master looter then make it known. Tell them if they dont want to switch then they are not raiding.

For people that are not in top 100 explain how master looter, loot concil is making or breaking you downing bosses. I bet the reason you are not downing a boss is because of mechanics not dps.

I am glad to hear that there is a chance that master looter is going away.

Let's hear people matire replies.
    I really don't see any importance of ML for majority of guild with tier set being removed. But save ur energy there are atleast 2 thread with minimum 20 pages and conversion with ML pro doesn't go any were.
    Wait for BFA to come, if ML is removed , ML pro will simply lineup with with BFA loot system. It is just like some people doesn't want change and they will give lame/insignificant reason for not removing it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop playing video games and go to school. Your grammar is atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I changed matire when it went flat. Didn't need master looter at all.
    Oh damn, i am Orgrim Doomhammer lol

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    Stop playing video games and go to school. Your grammar is atrocious.
    I know myself and many others are repling via phone, also this a message board.

- - - Updated - - -

For the people so pro mc/lc, explain why once progression is over you still continue to use lc?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only 3/11 mythic and really don't care.
    Nice, some 3/11 "mythic" pleb telling us we're not a mythic guild and spreading bullshit about what mythic guilds are and how they work.

omegalul

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, Master Loot is finally going away?? The Master Loot system is right up there with the top reasons I left the game years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Nice, some 3/11 "mythic" pleb telling us we're not a mythic guild and spreading bullshit about what mythic guilds are and how they work.

omegalul
    Lol you make me lol

A true mythic guild clears heroic first or second at most.

You can call me any name want but facts are facts.

As to what said about method was a direct quto from thier page.

Why don't you go try read and you will see im saying facts.

The fact your x number in world, I forget the exact number like it matters, who really cares.

So you are better then me at video and or spend more time, good for you golf clap.

Do you get special button or something for being 360 something in the world? Do you get money? Do you anything in real life for it?

If the answer is no then honestly who cares.

The point is unless you are top 100 the 1% of dps is not the difference between a kill and not. It's mechanics.

You are killing the mythic bosses several weeks if not months after the release of mythic so you out gear it.

You are killing because the group is finally doing the mechanics correctly and you got good rng on a pull.

So please keep raging, cursing, and name calling to continue to show your maturity.

You definition of mythic guild may be different from mine.

I like Master Looter. I hope it doesn't go away. But going to personal loot only does fix the problem of split runs, which is a major reason I don't care to raid high-end these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Wait, Master Loot is finally going away?? The Master Loot system is right up there with the top reasons I left the game years ago.
    Not really, the corrupt RLs will still force you to hand over all your PL drops. The only thing that really changes that it takes longer to handle drops after a bosskill.

good sick of fake ppl in guilds anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not really, the corrupt RLs will still force you to hand over all your PL drops. The only thing that really changes that it takes longer to handle drops after a bosskill.
    Gonna be hard to do w/o legendaries. Also with no tier and ilvl mattering more, you will hardly ever be sacrificing 10-15 ilvls for an item. Doubt you'll even be able to trade anything that is good for you very often.

Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    ilvl mattering more
    they say that EVERY expansion, and fail EVERY expansion, wouldn't bet a dollar they do it this time.

Angry The Truth of Master Loot (Thank you Blizz) NO GUILD MORE elitists!

You guild elitists! abused it and now you're losing it!

I'll be honest with you, I can't be happier that this is going away. Guilds can no longer hold players in servitude while they gear the GMs and Officers. You can pretend that trial abuse wasn't happening left and right this whole expansion, but you and the players who were abused with it know the truth. Every single guild that was pushing relevant content used some form of ML / Loot Council / EPGP / DKP. And every one of them almost without exception was abusing it.

1. Split runs, to gain unfair advantages over players who didn't have 18 hours a day 7 days a week to level 12 alts and funnel gear to their mains in Mythic Raiding guilds. Making end content much harder for the normal (majority) players earlier on than Blizzard intended it.

2. Ninja looting, which as you notice only disappeared with the advent of Forced Personal Looting in PUGs.

3. Trial Abuse, forcing players to do your bidding for weeks on end while you and your friends all got geared up.

Go ahead, stop raiding like you're all threatening when this goes away - the raiding community will be a healthier place for it.

If you're someone who got abused by guilds running trials post your story.

- I've had upgrades that no one wanted in the raid disenchanted right in front of my eyes just because I was a trial and wasn't allowed to have loot.
    - Random PUGs would join the same group and be allowed to roll for gear; whereas, I was not allowed just because I was a trial.
    - We had a group of friends in one guild Loot Council themselves full of gear and then split off to make their own raid - while ours crumbled.
    - I've watched piles of Warforged and Titanforged items be passed to officers and GMs / their friends in a guild even when my EPGP score was higher.

You abused it and now you're losing it!

Just so everyone is aware this is a troll and bait thread. Report and move on.