Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well, they don't.
    I feel like you missed the obvious sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Death caused by irresponsible parents is bad no matter what caused it. You do know children have died and caused others also to die because they played with matches and caused a fire?
    Sure. And how easily does that endanger others compared to pulling an easy trigger and accidentally/intentionally (but with no real concept of the consequence) murder someone?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If that's what it takes, then sure. If that car was used to kill someone.
    Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure you was not being bias. This could also be extended to the death penalty for drug dealers. In ether case, I would not have a issue with them being punished.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Age shouldn't matter in a case like this. Treat him the same as any other murderer.
    Truly a stupid comment. Age definitely should matter and it's the exact same reason why age matters in laws at all. Charge the parents responsible, not the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    This is just crazy, I can't help feeling that whichever parent owned the gun should be charged with manslaughter, who leaves a loaded gun within reach of children?
    What is this called a video console death? Video console didn't cause a death, a gun did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Sure. And how easily does that endanger others compared to pulling an easy trigger and accidentally/intentionally (but with no real concept of the consequence) murder someone?
    Just as easily. lol! And for the record, far more children die on the highways each year due to failure of a parent to buckle them up than from firearms. It all boils down to irresponsible parents.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure you was not being bias. This could also be extended to the death penalty for drug dealers. In ether case, I would not have a issue with them being punished.
    Not sure how I feel about the death penalty for drug dealers. To me, we would need to revisit the drug scheduling before enacting a blanket death sentence to anyone who sells any illegal drug. Not all are created equal, and not all cause death.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

It seems to me that the videogames are to blame. Also the guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how I feel about the death penalty for drug dealers. To me, we would need to revisit the drug scheduling before enacting a blanket death sentence to anyone who sells any illegal drug. Not all are created equal, and not all cause death.
    They cause a ton of unnecessary suffering and too many deaths. But that is a different topic. But we need to be consistent in our concept of punishment and responsibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm concerned that if this administration gets their way, there will be more restrictions on owning video games than there will be in owning a gun. Which is obviously silly.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    "Video console death"
    You're pretty stupid.
    That's literally the BBC headline of the linked and quoted article.

You lack reading comprehension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They cause a ton of unnecessary suffering and too many deaths. But that is a different topic. But we need to be consistent in our concept of punishment and responsibility.
    Surely. Though I don't see the harm in reclassifying each drug and put them in proper categories. Currently, it is a bit arbitrary.

Who leaves a loaded controller near kids?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    "Video console death"
    You're pretty stupid.
    That's what you should focus on, the title, which incidentally is the title of the article, I just copied it, so you didn't even call the right person stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Just as easily. lol! And for the record, far more children die on the highways each year due to failure of a parent to buckle them up than from firearms. It all boils down to irresponsible parents.
    Have you read anything I've said? How much easier is it for a gun in the hands of a kid to endanger others compared to everyday negligence? If you think it isn't a lot easier, then you're out of your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm concerned that if this administration gets their way, there will be more restrictions on owning video games than there will be in owning a gun. Which is obviously silly.
    You can rest easy. Nothing has been decided and nothing wrong with looking at a lot of different ways which cause unnecessary deaths. But whatever is done, has to be done within the bounds of the limitations within the Constitution. Personally, I do not think video games are to blame. This is a clear case of a parent (s) being irresponsible. And they are the ones who should be punished.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts & prayers
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What is this called a video console death? Video console didn't cause a death, a gun did.
    Dunno, ask the journalist that wrote it, I just copied it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Have you read anything I've said? How much easier is it for a gun in the hands of a kid to endanger others compared to everyday negligence? If you think it isn't a lot easier, then you're out of your mind.
    It is only easier if something deadly is left around for kids to have access to. At my home, the firearms are locked up and I do not leave propane lighters around ether when children are present in my home. In my computer room ( where my firearms are kept also ) I have a collection of swords and daggers hanging on the walls. That room is locked up ( double cylinder deadbolt.) when we have children visiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Surely. Though I don't see the harm in reclassifying each drug and put them in proper categories. Currently, it is a bit arbitrary.
    I was not referring to illegal drugs such as weed.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-03-19 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oink View Post
    What a fucking piece of shit. I understand that the parents are the ones at fault here, but for a 9 year old to lift up a gun and shoot his sister is completely fucked up. I knew when I was young I felt empathy and didn't want to hurt anybody, he should have no excuses of "he doesn't understand the consequences" or any of that horseshit. The fact that the title has to do with consoles just triggers me, he SHOT her, why isn't that the title? The fact that he was able to get his hands on a loaded gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    That's what you should focus on, the title, which incidentally is the title of the article, I just copied it, so you didn't even call the right person stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    That's literally the BBC headline of the linked and quoted article.

You lack reading comprehension.
    You can complain to the BBC if you want. Would there even be an article if it was a case of the perp stabbing someone over a board game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complain-online/