Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Are you being serious now or just plain stupid AF? Yeah the Tauren was unique for WoW, however, that still doesn't change the fact that WoW gotten freaking PANDAS running around. If you care to even notice what is screaming obvious to any sane person there is:
    Elder Scrolls Online – Khajiit and Argonians
    Guild Wars 2 – Charr, ArcheAge – Firran,
    Everquest – Frogloks, Iksar, and Vah Shiir

All of them freaking stupid AF, belonging in crappy MMORPGS, that nobody gives a fuck about anyway and let it stay that way! Korean / Chinese people can deal with that, but not in a modern MMORPG of .. and here it comes.. ready for it? CERTAIN QUALITY!

Jesus fucking christ man :O
    none of them looks like vulpera.

if it is because they are anthropomorphic animals in wow we have tauren, worgen and pandarean.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    So with the alliance getting fox furries (the worst kind) what will the horde get in its place?
    Can we get scalies?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of Ratchet. Where's Clank and the tinker class?

Gnomes need company!

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Blizz: We should really introduce more allied races. Player engagement is way up with them.
    Players since Vanilla: OGRES!!
    Players since BC: Hey, you know what would be cool, Ethereals that could either go Horde or Alliance, or even *truly neutral*. Naga could also work.
    Players since Wrath: Tuskarr and Traunka would be cool. Mechagnomes/stonedwarves?
    Players since Cata: How about Ramkahen?
    Players since MoP: Jinyu and Hozen are already allied--they'd be a perfect addition
    Players since W-- THIS EXPANSION NEVER EXISTED

Blizz: Nah fam, we got this. *Makes smol furry race based off goblin skin that has never been mentioned before in wow lore*
    Players: ......???? Who the heck wanted this?

>In a shadowy corner, a man in a fursuit grins. "Fools."
    The Sundering, pg. 186
    One of the various Ancients and forest beings that appeared to participate in the War of the Ancients in The Sundering was described as a tiny red fox with a sly — yet gnomish — visage

C'mon Blizz.

Ethereals. Make them faction neutral like pandarens.

Where can I get my Vulpera buttplug?

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Sincere question, where?
    The Sundering, pg. 186
    One of the various Ancients and forest beings that appeared to participate in the War of the Ancients in The Sundering was described as a tiny red fox with a sly — yet gnomish — visage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Just quoting myself since it's more relevant here.
    Let's dispell some myths and logical fallacies.

1. Vulpera don't fit into the lore

Says who? A random nobody on a forum? They'll have lore and the Horde will encounter them in BfA, same as the Nightborne.

2. They'll attract Furries!!
    Ok, and? This game always did. Furries are just people whom enjoy anthropomorphic animals.

3. They'll attract sexual deviants!!!!!!!!1111
    Ok... so you're seeing something sexual in the Vulpera, but am concerned they'll attract sexual attention whilst there's races like Draenei, Blood Elves, Night Elves, Nightborne, Void Elves and humans in the game? Sorry, but the "Furry" races tend to be pretty damned absent from ERP hotspots, Draenei being the exception since most people are seemingly unaware that they fulfill the Furry qualities. There are far more non-Furries doing sexual things with WoW races, where's your concern about those?

4. They're too cute!!!!111
    Um, they're not overly cute nor sexualized, you sure you're not exposing your personal feelings here?

5. They don't fit into the Warcraft universe!!!!
    Again, says you, a random nobody with an opinion.
    The developers and writers of the game decide such things, and they've added anthropomorphic pigs, monkeys, hyenas, rats, cows, goats, fish, pandas, bears, wolverines, walrus, Bison, Owls, Cats, snakes... So sorry, but if you're concerned with playing a game that's not "Furry fuel", then you're playing the wrong fucking game.
    Just this!

Quote Originally Posted by gummiebear007 View Post
    I had to stop reading this forum at like page 7. So many people are freaking out over these guys like they just don't fit. I play table-top RPGs every Saturday night with my husband and a group of friends. We've been doing this for years. One of my favorite campaign systems is through Pathfinder. Now, they have Orcs, Humans, Elves, ect... Just like any other RPG Fantasy genre game. They also have all sorts of types of anthropomorphic races. One that I am partial to is the fox race of Kitsune. Great bonuses to be a sorcerer.

Last year, I rolled a Kitsune sorcerer, and not once did anyone seriously accuse me of ruining the lore or setting for our pretty seriously toned campaign. None of them were interested in playing those races. We have basic Elves, Humans, and a Dwarf in our party. Jokes were tossed here and there, and they continue to be thrown around. However, nobody has felt like my one fox-like person messed with any type of immersion or story bit. It's a fantasy world where all sorts of things exist. A humanoid animal is the least of the craziest things seen.

My point is, how can so many of you be playing a fantasy-based RPG, but feel like this race would really hurt or ruin your ability to see the world for what it is? They are just fox-people. We have cows and werewolves. It's okay. Really. Let the creators of the game tell their story, and see how it goes. You can dislike them and choose not to play them, sure. But don't let this be stretched beyond what's really happening here. Blizzard is just opening our options as players. Let this one pass, and see what's next. It's no big deal, really.
    I have no genuine hate for these guys. Though, I still cannot help but be concern of creative bankruptcy this may encourage later down the line. Blizzard seems to be eager to make every animal in our world bipedal and instant-race it out the door. TBC seems like the last time something alien, foreign or unique in design philosophy came about. And I am just getting exhausted by the beast or elf races as the instant answer to literally everything.

All of this has me wondering if we will see an Allied race April Fools joke. Think it would be in poor taste unless it is really obvious it would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Are you being serious now or just plain stupid AF? Yeah the Tauren was unique for WoW, however, that still doesn't change the fact that WoW gotten freaking PANDAS running around. If you care to even notice what is screaming obvious to any sane person there is:
    Elder Scrolls Online – Khajiit and Argonians
    Guild Wars 2 – Charr, ArcheAge – Firran,
    Everquest – Frogloks, Iksar, and Vah Shiir

All of them freaking stupid AF, belonging in crappy MMORPGS, that nobody gives a fuck about anyway and let it stay that way! Korean / Chinese people can deal with that, but not in a modern MMORPG of .. and here it comes.. ready for it? CERTAIN QUALITY!

Jesus fucking christ man :O
    honestly the new race looks amazing. It adds variety.
    You're opinion is that they are "stupid AF". Opinion.
    For example I believe orcs are "stupid AF", yet they're part of the game, bring variety, some players love them and their lore. etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    I have no genuine hate for these guys. Though, I still cannot help but be concern of creative bankruptcy this may encourage later down the line. Blizzard seems to be eager to make every animal in our world bipedal and instant-race it out the door. TBC seems like the last time something alien, foreign or unique in design philosophy came about. And I am just getting exhausted by the beast or elf races as the instant answer to literally everything.
    This, folks, is how you provide a realistic, honest opinion, and I can totally understand it.

That said, I disagree that it ruins future creativity. Except for draenei and the various demonic races, we don't really have alien physiology in WoW. Everything is either based on the titan designs (humanish creatures like gnomes, and dwarves) or animals (furbolgs, tortollan, tuskar, etc). Within that context, races that spawn based on the ancients make sense. They could introduce races like the Aldrachi, but we would get just as many "no more space races in my fantasy" complainers as we have animal-race haters.

All told, the fantasy and a seed exists for them to go in several directions as time wears on. Maybe one day we'll get another "alien" race. I, for one, think it would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Where can I get my Vulpera buttplug?
    Bad dragon.

But seriously, NSFW if you search it.
    Speciation Is Gradual

So many customization for just npc race my ass. this basicly confirms as allied race, no one in right mind going trough so much trobble making them to be just npc race no one cares about, thats what hozen en jinju like done.

I don't mind them being an allied race...i just need those Sethrak as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPiece View Post
    I know we have small and "cutesy" races already, but if World of Warcraft continues the trend of just straight anthropomorphising every animal they can think off - it really will just be World of FurryCraft.

Seriously why does Blizzard find it so hard to imagine a new race that isn't just some fucking animal with human arms and legs? Orcs, Dwarves, Elves, even Trolls all were pre-established as fantasy races way before WoW. The only original shit Blizzard makes is this and the bloody Pandaren, what a shit show. Tauren were a mistake in the first place and their current importance to the lore reflects this.
    World of FurryCraft>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>elfcraft

Deleted
    If they announce vulpera as an allied race, I'll make a vulpera alt called Mmoctears, as a tribute to some of you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    So with the alliance getting fox furries (the worst kind) what will the horde get in its place?
    Bro, the foxes are a horde rep
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Are you fu..ng kiddin me? where OGRES AS allied race ,why you adding some stupid horrible looking foxes,there much more races that deserves to be added