Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer radioactive neon green. Looks good.

Agreed. Loving the green and black flame. The very essence of defiled fire magics.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281574/u...-spell-effects

new drain life and an updated incinerate

looks much better

I am for it. The art department is just killing it in general, imo.

Yeah, I liked the old new incinerate, but this one seems to have a bit more volume. That drain life, though.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=281574/u...-spell-effects

new drain life and an updated incinerate

looks much better
    I think incinerate looks much more bland...it has none of the chaotic feeling the previous one had, it also lacks the dark flames that looked cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    I think incinerate looks much more bland...it has none of the chaotic feeling the previous one had, it also lacks the dark flames that looked cool.
    I agree...I liked the first updated look better than this new one.

They still need to make this new incinerate larger/fatter.

First one was definitely interesting, I liked how it curled up right before the target almost like a snake attacking.

The new one looks good, but it just feels like incinerate. Which I mean... is the idea here, but the last version was pretty damned cool.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    First one was definitely interesting, I liked how it curled up right before the target almost like a snake attacking.

The new one looks good, but it just feels like incinerate. Which I mean... is the idea here, but the last version was pretty damned cool.
    Exactly, such a cool and interesting effect wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boooo, the other Incinerate looked way better.

really disappointed with the change back to the lame old version, the first one with a bit bigger flame effect would have been godlike

i like new animations, especially black outline of new fire and otherworldly looking drain life, feels unnatural (thats how it should be imo). I have no strong feelings about dragon head, miss the arcing trajectory though, also new sounds are pretty cool

ALSO thanks the maker WOD incinerate animation is gone

Deleted
    New Incinerate should be renamed Dragon's Booger

really glad they changed the chaos bolt animation to that big fel ball, makes much more sense than a dragon head.

Liking the update to the new incinerate - no longer looks like a mage's arcane missiles.
    It now has the creeping/slithering on the ground animation back - and it looks like a lighter - fuse being lit and rushing towards its gunpowder. Still a bit too small and missing that carpet of flame - but this one is better. I think the video also has incinerat missing the victim so there's no impact animation possibly?

A step in the right direction for incinerate.
    Drain life looks great. Reminds me of Overwatch's moira with the colour scheme of draining and changing it into healing.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Channel Demonfire was added this expansion, I'm not sure it will get updated.
    The animation for it has been used long before we got it though. Can't name mobs, but I know I've seen abilties with the same spell effect, I think earliest was either Cata or MoP. So hopefully it'll be updated a bit.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    Liking the update to the new incinerate - no longer looks like a mage's arcane missiles.
    It really didn't, it actually did a much better job of the "slithering" kind of thing, and it did this lil rise / wrap right before it hit the target almost like a snake attacking something. Was pretty neat and just something different, sad to see it go.

Not that sad though, the new incinerate looks like a proper updated incinerate, a little more boring in that its the same old thing but it still looks really good. It does keep it home-y feeling.

use being lit and rushing towards its gunpowder.
    Y'know I think that's a pretty perfect way to describe what it looks like now. You could absolutely use this effect for that and it'd be spot on.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Does anyone else feel like the particles that accompany chaos bolt and incinerate during flight and linger for a moment after impact are a little too large/pixely? They feel a little low quality to me.

I don't like that the crackling green lava at our feet when we cast chaosbolt is gone with the new animation.

I also think the current updated incinerate is too thing/little compared to the wider old animation.