Deleted
    I'm probably going to get a Switch this weekend, I've been reading so much about it now and I'm convinced. Zelda looks like a great game to pick up, so I'm probably starting with that and getting another downloadable game on the side!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I'm probably going to get a Switch this weekend, I've been reading so much about it now and I'm convinced. Zelda looks like a great game to pick up, so I'm probably starting with that and getting another downloadable game on the side!
    Still waiting here for something like new pokemon gen + switch offers.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Still waiting here for something like new pokemon gen + switch offers.
    I'm not going to game on it on a whole lot, I'm still doing all of my gaming on PC.

I am looking for a portable console that has some excellent creative fun.

Just remember, if you have an OG Switch do not sell it, there is a security hole in the chip set that is un-patchable making all current Switch units in circulation always hack able regardless of firmware.

Once the new model comes out and I upgrade I will be hacking the shit out of my OG unit.

https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/977188344416391168

Steins;Gate Elite for Switch has been leaked by Amazon Canada.

https://twitter.com/game_watch/statu...53257507241984

Arcade Archives Punch Out!! is coming to the Switch in Japan on March 30th.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Just remember, if you have an OG Switch do not sell it, there is a security hole in the chip set that is un-patchable making all current Switch units in circulation always hack able regardless of firmware.

Once the new model comes out and I upgrade I will be hacking the shit out of my OG unit.
    I'm a little bit out of the loop. I do remember seeing some prominent names saying that their access could not be blocked by future firmware updates, but then I've also heard a lot of fear and talks about the problems the 5.0 update creates.

Were the original reports correct that the earlier devices will be good to go for the homebrew community in the future, and are therefore (relatively) unphased by the new security features added in the latest update?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I'm a little bit out of the loop. I do remember seeing some prominent names saying that their access could not be blocked by future firmware updates, but then I've also heard a lot of fear and talks about the problems the 5.0 update creates.

Were the original reports correct that the earlier devices will be good to go for the homebrew community in the future, and are therefore (relatively) unphased by the new security features added in the latest update?
    There were two hardware security holes, one of which was patched. The other is not fixable without a hardware revision which is why firmware's cannot stop it.

There were two hardware security holes, one of which was patched. The other is not fixable without a hardware revision which is why firmware's cannot stop it.
    I still have yet to see any proof of this outside of literally people just saying that.

If the Switch had a real hardware vulnerability the shit would be open season like PSP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I still have yet to see any proof of this outside of literally people just saying that.

If the Switch had a real hardware vulnerability the shit would be open season like PSP right now.
    Not true at all, PS4 is fully hack-able with custom firmware too if you are on 4.55 or lower and there are likely thousands that are at that hack-able firmware, I know I haven't updated my PS4 in 6 months or more. The main thing stopping it is the roms are encrypted and as long as they remain so with how their OS works there will be no piracy only emulation / linux.

Deleted

When do we expect the new model? If it's reasonable close, I'll wait with my purchase.

When do we expect the new model? If it's reasonable close, I'll wait with my purchase.
    Well hardware revisions can happen at any time, once they are out for circulation we will know. A lot of time no one knows when they go out. If we are talking a new model there is no way to know until Nintendo announces it.

Not true at all
    Yet you still have provided 0 proof. Once again all I have seen is people claiming this, yet no one can actually back it up. It started as hearsay on reddit so it must be true!

I know I haven't updated my PS4 in 6 months or more..
    Must be so amazing to own a PS4 not capable of playing God of War and every future great PS exclusive!

Until you get to the point hackers can reverse engineer patches, keeping your firmware low is literally a brick of a system only playing old games. That's not even mentioning the obvious that you can't ever really play online or buy digital games(not that you wold care, it's clear why you want it hacked ) on a hacked system without getting it serial banned.

Hacking was great on old systems, the newer ones it's not really something to give a fuck about for a long long time. Likely when the systems aren't even relevant anymore.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-23 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yet you still have provided 0 proof. Once again all I have seen is people claiming this, yet no one can actually back it up. It started as hearsay on reddit so it must be true!

Must be so amazing to own a PS4 not capable of playing God of War and every future great PS exclusive!

Until you get to the point hackers can reverse engineer patches, keeping your firmware low is literally a brick of a system only playing old games. That's not even mentioning the obvious that you can't ever really play online or buy digital games(not that you wold care, it's clear why you want it hacked ) on a hacked system without getting it serial banned.
    I don't play the PS4 currently, so keeping it on a low firmware was to my advantage and we got it and 3 games for like 200 bucks like a year ago so not too bad. Custom firmware takes care of it "not being able to play new games" , so yes I will get to enjoy my free copy of GoW if I wan't to. I do like many developers I will support them so I will buy GoW.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2018-03-23 at 06:09 PM.

We are not talking about Switch 2 with Gazillion teraflops of computing power and terabytes of RAM. This is just an revision on the chip to stop hardware level hacking exploits, it is unlikely that there will be any difference in power.

I don't play the PS4 currently, so keeping it on a low firmware was to my advantage and we got it and 3 games for like 200 bucks like a year ago so not too bad. Custom firmware takes care of it "not being able to play new games" , so yes I will get to enjoy my free copy of GoW if I wan't to. I do like many developers I will support them so I will buy GoW.
    Ummm no you won't enjoy GoW on custom firmware because GoW will force you to install the current update (that's on the disk). So ether you update your system or you don't play the game. That was Sony's way around the CFW setup, You want to run CFW great you can enjoy Linux and emulating GBA games on your $200 console.

Also news flash since your system is on CFW if you update it with official firmware one of two things will likely happen.

1) You brick your system.
    2) You get your system serial banned.

CFW on PS4 has yet to play pirated games and you will NOT be able to play future titles due to the forced update that comes with the games.

(I know ur banned but I'm sure u will read this at some point)

- - - Updated - - -

At lease a year or two off if not more.

Its only a rumor that you can break into the Switch because of the chipset, There has been no proof of it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We are not talking about Switch 2 with Gazillion teraflops of computing power and terabytes of RAM. This is just an revision on the chip to stop hardware level hacking exploits, it is unlikely that there will be any difference in power.
    I wasn't talking about power. If there is a security leak, I'll wait for the hardware revision that fixes it. No need to be condescending.

I wasn't talking about power. If there is a security leak, I'll wait for the hardware revision that fixes it. No need to be condescending.
    Why? Better get one before the fix is in. You can't never hack the fixed one.

I feel like one of the few who gives no fuck's about "hacking" there Switch or any console really.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I just wanna save money.
    By pirating games? There is a difference in wanting to save money and wanting something for free.