Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Question about deeds from a player who never played Vermintide

Isn't that modifier where you die as soon as you get downed REALLY harsh? I mean, doesn't that mean you're done with the entire map and have to start over?
    If you're playing by yourself yes. If you're playing with mates then it just means they're a man down.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say that some of these affixes for deeds are super fun. Having a swarm spawn while you're dealing with an existing swarm is good for a barrel of laughs. Same with the kill screen on the end of the map where combined you've all killed close to 1800 skaven/chaos
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    If you're playing by yourself yes. If you're playing with mates then it just means they're a man down.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say that some of these affixes for deeds are super fun. Having a swarm spawn while you're dealing with an existing swarm is good for a barrel of laughs. Same with the kill screen on the end of the map where combined you've all killed close to 1800 skaven/chaos
    So do you get back into the match after a checkpoint or something? Or do they have to finish everything without you?

So do you get back into the match after a checkpoint or something? Or do they have to finish everything without you?
    I think I may have to firstly apologize as I think I got my affixes mixed up
    On the one where you die where you get knocked down you get respawned in the bound and gagged position as normal
    If it's the one where you die and you don't respawn, well, you're out for the map.

Edit: this is assuming you're playing with other people. If you're solo playing with 3 bots, you die, it's game over, regardless of affix

Again, apologies as I forgot the other affix existed for a second. My bad!
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2018-03-16 at 04:55 AM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

This game is pretty cool! But might aswell play with bots/friends only if you're gonna go Veteran+.

Random's crush at being rude and wondering off alone, aka, getting killed.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    This game is pretty cool! But might aswell play with bots/friends only if you're gonna go Veteran+.

Random's crush at being rude and wondering off alone, aka, getting killed.
    Played on Veteran a few days ago, went with a reasonable group. We picked up 2 of the 3 grimoires midway, when I had about 5% damage done to me and we had a spare first aid kit lying around, so I figured, I'd pick it up and mend my wounds, then grab the grimoire and continue. As per usual, a party member wandering off triggered a swarm, so I had to move quickly, thought I picked up the grimoire, because another party member picked up the third one at the exact same time and ran on to join the group, shutting myself out from the area which turns out, I had left the grimoire in.

They kicked me almost instantly, losing me 20 minutes of my time and you get nothing, if you get booted. No exp, nothing. For a goddamn mistake.

There's some really nice element in this game, but the players are not it. As well as an insane amount of other complaints I have, but the players are definitely number one.

I've had almost zero issues with players on Veteran. Most kinda know what they're doing, are forgiving of other people making a mistake or two, and generally helpful. Recruit is such a mixed bag. I haven't played higher than Veteran yet, so I can't comment on the random match making on that level.

Deleted
    For some reason my loading screens seem to taking over 5mins today :/ My computer is shit but the loading screens have been alright up until now

10+ Year Old Account
    If you die, you basically get 'kidnapped' and the rest of the party can free you a bit further into the level (always at fixed points). If you play with bots however, it is game over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    For some reason my loading screens seem to taking over 5mins today :/ My computer is shit but the loading screens have been alright up until now
    Loading screen at the start of the game is insane for me as well, but once you have your character selected it does load pretty fast, and I play on a 6 year old PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Played on Veteran a few days ago, went with a reasonable group. We picked up 2 of the 3 grimoires midway, when I had about 5% damage done to me and we had a spare first aid kit lying around, so I figured, I'd pick it up and mend my wounds, then grab the grimoire and continue. As per usual, a party member wandering off triggered a swarm, so I had to move quickly, thought I picked up the grimoire, because another party member picked up the third one at the exact same time and ran on to join the group, shutting myself out from the area which turns out, I had left the grimoire in.

They kicked me almost instantly, losing me 20 minutes of my time and you get nothing, if you get booted. No exp, nothing. For a goddamn mistake.

There's some really nice element in this game, but the players are not it. As well as an insane amount of other complaints I have, but the players are definitely number one.
    I usually play with one other person most of the time and some nights with a full group of friends. Playing with my one friend and 2 pugs I haven't seen any toxic players. Straight up bad players? Oh yeah, a truckload. Friendly fire spamming morons? Yup a daily occurrence.

OT: After 170hrs zero reds or helms.

188 hours and just got my first helm. Of course it's for a career I'll never play. Zero reds still.

Reds have a really low drop rate on Champion, slightly better on Legend.

I'm going to be running Legend now that my Kruber and Bardin are 600 hero power.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Are there any hero types the game has a shortage of?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    What do you mean? Which is played the least or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    It's really not that kind of a game. Everyone is a variation of "kill the fuck out of this thing."

And it's probably going to change even more;

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/d...power/20013/17

Hi!

So, first off - sorry for this being the first response you get. I’m usually roaming the feedback sections but this thing has been brought to my attention and we have been looking into it. To sum thing up, I am currently not a happy dev.

There is indeed an error in how we apply Hero Power and buffs for attacks. Long story short, we have a system in place that is supposed to cap, scale and buff your Hero Power when calculating damage, cleave and stagger results for each attack. Unfortunately this system does nothing currently and instead returns your raw Hero Power unbuffed.

So how could this happen?
    We have been working with and done our balance testing on a separate version from the release branch (as is customary) where we have access to debug options and can crunch numbers to verify everything. So on our end everything has been running as it should.

The issue in the live build is caused by a single two-line code change that was never brought over to the release version during the final days before the games release. Thus we have been blissfully clicking away verifying and balancing stuff based off of mismatching code, which also in some way explains why it took us some time to respond to this.

Recruit and Veteran are fairly on par but the difference is noticeable on Champion and Legendary. Note that a large part of this is supposed to be compensated by added power through talents/weapon properties so we are closer than a first glance might indicate.

The main difference in gameplay with the current bug is; All classes become proficient vs hordes as everything has higher than intended cleave. Everyone can also stagger enemies with much greater ease as we should be scaling stagger output the most. Tank classes thus becomes slightly redundant. Higher damage output puts a lot of weapons over thresholds of oneshotting, often without intended crits or headshot requirements. Killing stuff faster means lack of enemies and puts a greater emphasis on ranged combat over melee combat.

The power trip of high Hero Power on Recruit has also been real as no caps have been in place.

Since this is the model we have been doing our balance based on we intend to go through with a fix and restore the Hero Power levels to their intended values. This will not only fix those talents and properties that weren’t working properly and make the game more nuanced but for some builds also harder. We are working on getting a patch ready.

We will continue to monitor the incoming data and read your feedback to see what future adjustments need to be made after this change. We will also change our work process to ensure we are closer to the live build when working on balance to ensure that this cannot happen again. We would like to thank you for bringing this issue to light. You are awesome, and we will redouble our efforts to become more like you.
    Tldr: devs forgot like three lines of code and ****ed all balance.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

Tldr: devs forgot like three lines of code and ****ed all balance.
    I can't wait to see what they fuck up by "fixing" that one. At this point they might be better off just adjusting mob health values and fixing non working talents.

OT: 220 hours in. 2 helms. Zero reds.

Beastmen is coming, gonna be great with new enemies to slaughter. One of my favorite coop games.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/vermintide-2...agic-beastmen/
    New end game mode to.

Ooooh, this gun be gud. I'd personally love to see Greenskins, but Beastmean should add for a good opponent.

7+ Year Old Account
    They really need to add some new classes to play. Let us play as lizardmen or something.

I wouldn't mind playing a far-from-home Khalida Neferher or some random Tomb Prince/Princess. Perhaps not the more lore-friendly, but dammit the Tomb Kings are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    They really need to add some new classes to play. Let us play as lizardmen or something.
    Yeah would be fun with something like a brettonian questing knight or something.

What would also be fun is if you could play the evil races and kill empire and brettonian soldiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Ooooh, this gun be gud. I'd personally love to see Greenskins, but Beastmean should add for a good opponent.
    Would love me some greenskins but there is hope now that they will add the beastmen perhaps they add more later on.