• I agree

44 15.12%
  • I disagree

247 84.88%
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    And how does that support your claim that 90% of workplaces ban makeup already. You're ridiculous, man.
    regulated not banned.

i said its not a problem and no one makes complaints because its regulated...

banned in regards to over the top makeup which is what this is really about.

Sure cosmetics are there to make you more attractive, but I'd say most of the time it's for your own overconfidence and not to please others. And if anyone wants to go trough the trouble of wearing high heels I'd say let them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think no makeup a dress code and no beard. It’s a job not a fashion show. Oh and no dresses or skirts. Kind of like the Amish.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Except that is a stupid statement. Men and women work together without sexual harassment. Right now. Literally right now. We do know. Saying "I don't know" is.. silly. He's making the assumption that not having sexual harassment everywhere is impossible.
    And I agree with you and disagree with Peterson. What I said in that original post was that you misquoted him. That's all - clarity is best for the discourse, and I wouldn't exactly be adding anything by solely expressing my agreement with 80% of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So, not banned?

Thanks for admitting you're a liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Need help carrying that goal post?
    read my first posts. i have always said regulated except for over the top which is banned obviously

if the peanut gallery cant get the context of the post i was replying to thats not my issue.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-03-31 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because it's the exact same "women cannot present themselves as attractive in any respect whatsoever or men will assault them and it's the women's fault when that happens" bullshit, either way. It's not even just similar; it's exactly the same dehumanizing garbage.

I can't even really call it misogyny, because it's at least as dehumanizing about men, and their supposed inability to control themselves. Which is garbage. If you can't help sexually harassing a woman because she's wearing makeup and you think she's attractive, you're an abusive shithead, and you're the exception; most men aren't like you.

There is a large difference between the argument you're presenting and one highlighting it's suitability for the workplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, I certainly appreciate someone showing up to be an exemplar of what I'm referring to.
    What are you referring to?

Deleted
    What a stupid question.

His argument about attractiveness can be extrapolated to infinity and applied to both sexes.

So he’s basically saying we should all stop showering and wear garbage bags at all times.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    What are you referring to?
    The absolute lunacy of suggesting that makeup is a result of pedophiles.

Deleted
    No. You never made that distinguish. The person you quoted when you claimed it was banned was not talking about "over the top make up" but just make up in general. It's okay to admit you're wrong.

You also realize timestamps are a thing, right? Everyone can see you edited it after I called you out on your bullshit claim lol fucking pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    depends on the amount as i said.
    a littel bit for self confidence or hide some blemish fine, dolled up like a night out totally not professional, and probably against workplace dress codes in the UK any way.
    i decided to ask my mum and sister about the subject.

mother says any makeup is unprofessional and my sister says makeup is for self conscious bitches. so guess in more open than they are too it.
    my 2nd post on this thread. and yes i went back and edited the post you seem to take ubridge with as clearly it needed clarity

Deleted
    How does the context of the post refer to "over the top make up"? The OP and the video in question is talking about make up in general. You're inventing context that never existed rather than just admit you said something blatantly false.
    so you see no difference between what peterson is referring to as makeup and what is generally worn ?

i don't meet many women who wear lots of makeup and red lipstick all the time

If you wave a red flag at a bull and it charges you, is it the bulls fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Within context citation needed.
    There's a video on page 1 or 2 that someone linked. I couldn't link it in the OP because the browser I am using on my phone wouildn't let me. But be warned you won't find further context for what is quoted in the OP as its essentially verbatim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peterson is a hack and his opinions should be treated as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to love quotes taken out of context.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Windirmere View Post
    If you wave a red flag at a bull and it charges you, is it the bulls fault?
    Your post is not only misogynistic but is also misandrist as it implies men are idiots.

Stop giving attention to these kinds of people...

10+ Year Old Account

I like to have such girls in my workplace.

I'm wondering if vegans use make-up too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    Got to love quotes taken out of context.
    the left really hates Peterson for some reason and are on a crusade to try and assassinate his caricature. hes proving a difficult guy for them to dismiss as he basically just quotes whats written in most study's on subjects and comments from Jungian philosophy and psychology on events.

he him self is just a translator of Jung for the people and that makes him tough to crack without tackling Jung's work, which is hard as very few left political commentators have much background in that area. certainly not as much as Peterson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    No. I watched it and you did take it entirely out of context.

He is showing that once again the discussion about these subjects is skewed in favor of women trying to pretend they're being victimized. He is asking (albeit facetiously) what the rules should be regarding sexual harassment, because nobody seems to be able to figure that out without victimizing one gender over the other.
    See, this guy know better than to bite something out of context. I don't agree all the time with you POM, but right now I'm glad someone took the time to get the context.

Peterson is hated by a subgroup of extremists because he reasons. His arguments actually have weight, so his opponents ends up making some pitiful textbook strawman.

And no, I disagree on a few things with Peterson. But these kind of threads... jesus. The baits.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..