Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I don't think that's the full episode, but a highlight clip. Don't think you're even allowed to upload full episodes to youtube, or any other place.
    the episode isnt about wow, it was just supposed to be a wow reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I think what we can all take away from this is Peter's an outlaw rogue. Makes sense, when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    So...despite being hyped up as a "WoW episode" of Family Guy...it turns out to be an unfunny Leeroy Jenkins reference (The shittest thing you could reference in WoW), with some crap "gameplay" animation.

I dunno, maybe this would have worked back during WoD when Leeroy was relevant again for a few months, but...I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, Family Guy "jokes" these days either seem to be the cast doing horrible hateful things to each other, or stuff that is just tired and flat and...not funny.
    Really, the show should have ended 4 or 5 years ago.
    Like others said, the whole episode wasn't going to be about WoW, just a reference or two. Morons of the internet are the ones saying the whole episode was all about WoW because of the BFA parody picture... Relax. I still love the show so whatever, I guess you don't HAVE to watch it and can act like it doesn't exist...?

Save your time and don't watch it. Plain awful bad like all Family Guy.

No wonder people are so fucking angry all the time... It was clear from the start that the episode would contain a REFERENCE to WoW, not be ABOUT WoW...
    And like it or not, but Leeroy Jenkins is one of the best known moments in WoW history outside of the inner circle of gamers.

I don't like that they went for the easy reference, but Family Guy in 2018 is not exactly a beacon of quality anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    Save your time and don't watch it. Plain awful bad like all Family Guy.
    So just like reading your comments.

Sooo... Why did MMO-Champ hype this episode up so much again?

That is exactly what I thought it would be. Shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that was a major letdown... a LJ joke in 2018...

This show, just like the Leeroy reference, are way past their expiration date and it saddens me that that stupid stuff like this is still even allowed to air. I wasn't expecting anything and they still manage to pull something this cringeworthy. The Simpsons and South Park both did an amazing job parodying WoW (though the Simpsons didnt specifically parody WoW in Marge Gamer, but the MMORPG genre as a whole).

I thought it was funny as hell!! but then again it dont take much to humor me!!! stop being so damn uptight!

Not too bad, but the 3D "gameplay" looked shitty and completely out of place; in my opinion they should've kept it in its usual 2D style (it's not like the graphics add or detract from the "joke"). Random whelp spawn was funny and unexpected though!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I think what we can all take away from this is Peter's an outlaw rogue. Makes sense, when you think about it.
    peter is a warrior, he is in the middle and his abilities are warrior, makes more sense. I feel lik on family guys joking humor they would make cleveland an outlaw and joe a monk.

The real news it's that Family Guy still exist
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Sooo... Why did MMO-Champ hype this episode up so much again?
    they didnt, they made a single post saying that a wow reference was afoot, that is it, it was not a whole article on its own for multiple days with a countdown or leaked screenshots or anything.

Literally 2 sentances and an image.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Wow, that was a major letdown... a LJ joke in 2018...
    the biggest moment in wows history on the internet? what a let down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post
    Not too bad, but the 3D "gameplay" looked shitty and completely out of place; in my opinion they should've kept it in its usual 2D style (it's not like the graphics add or detract from the "joke"). Random whelp spawn was funny and unexpected though!
    yeah it was meh, i assumed the reference was going to stop at the yell and they chase after him, but going into the 3d i was like "oh, full out-" then they did the whelps and i had a short audible chuckle "THEY GOT DRAGONS, THEY HAVE MAGIC!?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    The real news it's that Family Guy still exist
    i mean when you have shows like big bang theory still on air, and rick and morty, i would understand why. (im a R&M fan.. but holy fuck look up pyrocynical's video on "rick and morty musicly")

Family Guy is not a World of Warcraft show - it is a cartoon show and they used Leroy Jenkins which is probably the most recognizable WOW reference. A small number of people who watch Family Guy would be WOW players so the reference is one that is well known. I liked the action bar, names above the heads and the Release Spirit at the end. I thought it was nicely done because I realize not everybody plays WOW.

I was personally hoping they would have Cleveland say "At least I have chicken" and Peter could have said "Well, that's not fair"

It should've been a parody of the WoW forums complaining about how Family Guy is a dead show that no one watches.

well, that's about as funny as what passes for humor in most FG episodes I guess...

Made me chuckle