Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sylvanas’ whole life is a loss. A living hell. She can’t even look to death as a release. So even when she’s winning her world still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    how the fuck is Sylvanas a mary sue????? She was killed twice. now loses undercity. Please stop you're embarrassing yourself with ignorance and inaccuracy
    ???

being killed doesnt remove your mary sue status, being killed and coming back constantly makes you a mary sue.

losing undercity is probably within her plans, she wants to separate the alliance and the horde by entire continents because maybe she thinks that will somehow stop the faction war in the long run.

all her "losses" always net her some sort of win as well. she never straight up loses anything.
    Last edited by High Priestess Tyrande; 2018-04-08 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Tyrande View Post
    ???

being killed doesnt remove your mary sue status, being killed and coming back constantly does.

losing undercity is probably within her plans, she wants to separate the alliance and the horde by entire continents because maybe she thinks that will somehow stop the faction war in the long run.
    A Mary Sue is an idealized and/or seemingly perfect character. Sylvanas always coming back to life you can say is plot armor, even though saying that is funny with characters like velen and anduin on your faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I don't think there's been a single time Sylvanas has ever straight-up lost to the Alliance.
    How there was no fanart/screenshots of this I have no idea, so bear with the low res.

Not the alliance, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    How there was no fanart/screenshots of this I have no idea, so bear with the low res.

Not the alliance, but still.

And it wasn’t even a badass death. Dude just shot her in the head, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    A Mary Sue is an idealized and/or seemingly perfect character. Sylvanas always coming back to life you can say is plot armor, even though saying that is funny with characters like velen and anduin on your faction.
    Sylvanas is also not liked by the other characters, which is kinda part of the whole mary sue thing - across the various definitions. Fanbois wanking to her does not fullfill that criteria.

Not to mention she straight up gained nothing in Stormheim.

Just to say, if Malfurion has to be killed. It will require both factions. If he goes down the path of needing to be killed. He is going to require alot more than a hero or two to be brought down.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    how the fuck is Sylvanas a mary sue????? She was killed twice. now loses undercity. Please stop you're embarrassing yourself with ignorance and inaccuracy
    I mean, who else in wow has been killed twice and still isn't dead. You kinda illustrated his point a bit there rather than your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Sylvanas is also not liked by the other characters, which is kinda part of the whole mary sue thing - across the various definitions. Fanbois wanking to her does not fullfill that criteria..
    Speaking of which, I was just leveling in Hillsbrad yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    I mean, who else in wow has been killed twice and still isn't dead. You kinda illustrated his point a bit there rather than your own.
    Forsaken Death Knights. And all other DKs have been brought back at least once. Revival isn’t that uncommon in the WoW universe.

And I’d argue that super powerful “immortal” characters like Velen are far more on the Mary Sue scale than a miserable elf that’s been killed and revived a few times. The term is way overused at this point though.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-04-08 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    The aspects never blessed Teldrassil. That was Nordrassil.
    Read Stormrage, Teldrassil is a big part of it and is blessed at the end.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Speaking of which, I was just leveling in Hillsbrad yesterday...

Why is WoW in clown colours on that video?!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Sylvanas is also not liked by the other characters, which is kinda part of the whole mary sue thing - across the various definitions. Fanbois wanking to her does not fullfill that criteria.

Not to mention she straight up gained nothing in Stormheim.
    Sylvanas isn't even slightly a Mary Sue. I'm not keen on her but anyone saying she is just has no idea what that term means. Me'dan was a Mary Sue, Rhonin was a Mary Sue (or Gary Stu but why complicate thing with another term?), Thrall has sort of edged up to it but was pulled back before it got completely out of hand.

Sylvanas, though, is just a powerful anti-heroic character, quite typical for WoW. She's having her "day in the sun", and soon she'll be as dead as any other leader of the Horde.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It's not even plot armor if it's explained from within the story. Plot armor is like comic confirming both Velen and Anduin will survive BFA, no suspense and players don't even have to worry about losing the Boy king any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

How is Malfurion lorewise that much stronger than Sylvanas?

He's an Archdruid, but he's also been sleeping for fucking ten thousand years. He got fucked by the Shade of Xavius, not even the real thing, a goddamn dungeon boss. Sure he can beat a Warrior, but a Banshee/Dark Ranger/the ex leader of Silvermoon's rangers?

Also, as for the "Mary Sue" thing, did you miss the part where Malfurion can just control a fucking tornado in Darkshore for an indefinite amount of time?

Anyway, Malfurion's powers depend on nature, and Sylvanas has a blight that can kill living things in moments. Not much of a matchup

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It's not even plot armor if it's explained from within the story. Plot armor is like comic confirming both Velen and Anduin will survive BFA, no suspense and players don't even have to worry about losing the Boy king any time soon.
    That doesn't confirm anything, we get visions of the future in WoW all the time and 80% of them are wrong. We've got Murozond, who was created when Nozdormu watched us lose to Deathwing in an AU; we obviously have the deaths of Chromie; we went to a future where all the faction leaders had gone mad. None of those things actually happened. Hell, Xe'ra prophesied that Illidan would become some magical Light user and save the world with his Mary Sue powers and that sure didn't come through either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Forsaken Death Knights. And all other DKs have been brought back at least once. Revival isn’t that uncommon in the WoW universe.

And I’d argue that super powerful “immortal” characters like Velen are far more on the Mary Sue scale than a miserable elf that’s been killed and revived a few times. The term is way overused at this point though.
    But that's just resurrected into undeath, if you count that Sylvanas has died 3 times (Arthas, Swan dive from the top of Ice Crown, shot by Godfrey), at what point do we just accept she's a bit of a Mary Sue? Sure Velen is immortal but when he dies he stays dead like that time au Velen died.

Sylvanas is one of my favourite characters but the direction they are taking her makes me sad. The cinematic from the start of legion made me feel she was one of the more tolerant faction leaders when she helped Varian and then in the broken shore scenario where she agreed to work with the alliance, but it's like that's all gone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Malfurion is so powerful that the mighty Shade of Xavius didn't have any trouble capturing him, hopefully a small group of us was able to free him

Malfurion was also so powerful he solved the Legion's invasion by himself. Oh wait, is he still taking care of squirrels in Val'sharah ?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    But that's just resurrected into undeath, if you count that Sylvanas has died 3 times (Arthas, Swan dive from the top of Ice Crown, shot by Godfrey), at what point do we just accept she's a bit of a Mary Sue? Sure Velen is immortal but when he dies he stays dead like that time au Velen died.

Sylvanas is one of my favourite characters but the direction they are taking her makes me sad. The cinematic from the start of legion made me feel she was one of the more tolerant faction leaders when she helped Varian and then in the broken shore scenario where she agreed to work with the alliance, but it's like that's all gone now.
    Being written as a character that comes back to life doesn’t make her a Mary Sue. Especially in a fantastical world like Warcraft’s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Blizzard doesn't really write the greatest storylines, but for Malfurion to die so soon after Illidan leaves would be atrocious.

Wounded and forced to regenerate in the dream? Sure. Killed? Nah.
    He'll die but Tyrande will reveal that she was pregnant and will have a son named An'Med who will have the powers of a priest and a druid, wh will eventually be trained by a highborne mage in the arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    He'll die but Tyrande will reveal that she was pregnant and will have a son named An'Med who will have the powers of a priest and a druid, wh will eventually be trained by a highborne mage in the arcane.
    You laugh now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    And uncle Illidan teach him the way of edgy DH.