10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    For Trump to fire Mueller he'd need Rosenstein to sign off on it. And if he refused, Rosenstein would likely get fired to set things up for Trump to hire someone else that would go along with him. The resulting shitstorm of Rosenstein's termination would force congress to act because they would then know what's coming.
    There's disagreement on that last sentence, but the first is 100% Nixonian. He did literally that.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There's disagreement on that last sentence, but the first is 100% Nixonian. He did literally that.
    I concede a bit of cynicism on that last line...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    For Trump to fire Mueller he'd need Rosenstein to sign off on it. And if he refused, Rosenstein would likely get fired to set things up for Trump to hire someone else that would go along with him. The resulting shitstorm of Rosenstein's termination would force congress to act because they would then know what's coming.
    Funny that you mention Rosenstein...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/10/polit...ler/index.html

Apparently CNN and other sources are reporting that Dumbfuck Dump is considering firing/replacing Rosenstein...

Hmm will Rosenstein be the first domino to fall?

Damnit @Skroe! I WARNED you about getting banned! I said shit would start exploding badly if you got banned again at this point... but nnnnnnoOOOOOOOOO you had to go and get banned again! ;P

Hehehe - seriously, it's unbelievably uncanny how all this shit is hitting the fan literally HOURS after Skroe gets banned! >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Hmm will Rosenstein be the first domino to fall?
    From what I've seen so far, his remaining allies are holding him back. Problem is, there's fewer of them. Like, by the day. But they should still be telling him to ride it out, based on the belief that being innocent of directly felating Putin on tape means he'll survive any other "minor" charges.

In particular, if he tries to fire Rosenstein for allowing the raid, he could be in serious trouble -- they got a warrant. And they might have found evidence. It's not like Mueller had anything to do with that, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitten View Post
    Meanwhile on Fox....

Guess what my new desktop backround is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    fired him for lack of enthusiasm.
    NBC confirms fired, not resigned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's probable that he's got a backup at the state level in New York's AG office, so I wouldn't be terribly concerned. Even if Trump survives to 2020 he may well be nabbed for state crimes.
    This is just part of Mueller's plan. Keep in mind, Mueller knows exactly what's going on, and he still chose to act when he did. The man is not stupid. If anything, I think he's actually baiting Trump to try to fire him. I'm sure this is all part of his plan. It's a trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It's a trap.
    I mean...is it really a trap, if he keeps finding more/better evidence? Mueller's not trolling, he's investigating.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean...is it really a trap, if he keeps finding more/better evidence? Mueller's not trolling, he's investigating.
    Well yeah, but he deliberately chose to raid Cohen when he did, knowing what Trump might try to do. He's about 10 steps ahead of Trump, I'm sure he's planned for every contingency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quotes from inside the White House

“There was fear in Trump’s orbit that the president is liable to erupt in anger in coming days, escalating his attacks against Mueller at a time when his attorneys are negotiating a possible interview.”
    “Mr. Trump’s advisers have spent the last 24 hours trying to convince the president not to make an impulsive decision that could put the president in more legal jeopardy and ignite a controversy that could consume his presidency.”
    “He’s sitting there bitching and moaning. He’s brooding and doesn’t have a plan.”
    “He’s losing his shit,” the operative added. “We’re at a different level now.”
    “Jesus take the wheel.”
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...=sharebutton-t

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Quotes from inside the White House
    “Jesus take the wheel.”
    What are "things I don't ever want to hear government officials say Alex?"

Shit, they've lost all control, haven't they?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    What are "things I don't ever want to hear government officials say Alex?"

Shit, they've lost all control, haven't they?
    I almost spit out my water reading that thanks LOL.

Trump is getting backed into a corner and doesn't know what to do, Its fucken priceless.

Soon this video will be true and I can't wait

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-04-11 at 05:11 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I almost spit out my water reading that thanks LOL.

Trump is getting backed into a corner and doesn't know what to do, Its fucken priceless.

Soon this video will be true and I can't wait

It's like falling into a black hole. (Setting aside the fact that we don't really know what's in a black hole and just going with the good old singularity that relativity predicts - even though this certainly is not what would happen it's still a good analogy.) Once you're past the event horizon, all paths lead toward the singularity. It surrounds you in every direction except for an infinitely small sliver of light coming from the outside universe. Any attempt to move in any direction just takes you to it faster. This is where Trump is. He's fallen in and it's just a matter of time. But he'll have the most time if he just does nothing and falls. Trump being Trump though, he will find a way to stick his foot in his mouth.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-04-11 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Wait till the next time he leaves the white house to stay at one of his hotels. Those are the moments that Trump usually goes nuts.
    Last edited by ati87; 2018-04-11 at 07:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    4AM tweet this time.

Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!

Well, let's count 'em down.

1) Hey remember when Clinton was the warhawk who was going to get us into WW3 over Syria? If not, don't worry: the internet always remembers.

2) So...did Trump just tell the enemy what he was about to do?

3) So...did Trump just hand Russia classified information? Again?

4) Is this really the time/place for playground nicknames?

5) So much for good relations with Russia. Again. It's not that I mind, but yet again, promise broken.

6) So Assad is a killer. There are a lot of killers. You think our country's so innocent?

7) Okay in all seriousness, Assad gassed his own people, even the Russian trolls posting while they wait in the food line for their turnips know that. A limited response, such as surgical air strikes, with international support, is completely called for.

No, really. This action is what our allies called for. This is what Obama would have done.

But just so we're clear: Trump, doing the right thing, goes against multiple things he campaigned and ran on, and he still manages to fuck up the execution in multiple ways.

It's not the what. It's the how. And Trump, once again, proves he doesn't know how.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wait, there were MORE 4AM tweets.

So much Fake News about what is going on in the White House. Very calm and calculated with a big focus on open and fair trade with China, the coming North Korea meeting and, of course, the vicious gas attack in Syria. Feels great to have Bolton & Larry K on board. I (we) are doing things that nobody thought possible, despite the never ending and corrupt Russia Investigation, which takes tremendous time and focus. No Collusion or Obstruction (other than I fight back), so now they do the Unthinkable, and RAID a lawyers office for information! BAD!

Well, let's count 'em down.

1) Tariffs are the opposite of open trade.

2) The gas attack was last week. Explain the previous sixty.

3) Bolton firing Bossert is one of the reasons people say there's chaos in the White House.

4) Mueller's probe didn't raid Cohen's office. Rosenstein personally saw to it those duties were handed off to someone else.

5) Did Trump just admit he was committing Obstruction by fighting back? Because that's what his grammar and sentence structure says. "I don't eat meat (other than Fridays)" sounds a lot like someone who eats meat on Fridays.

6) Not unthinkable, dude, you personally said Cohen acted without your consent.

7) How much time and focus is the Russia probe actually costing you? In a related question, how long does it take an innocent person to get their story straight, when trying to engineer an interview with written questions and written answers?

8) And the big one:

Did you notice how Trump's tweet, starting calm and collected, listing defendable points in his favor, starts to sound more and more Angry, as he Uses more Capital Letters, ending with SHOUTING in ALL CAPS? UNHINGED!

He is right: he is doing things nobody thought was possible. He's going insane in the Oval Office.

- - - Updated - - -

Axios reports that Paul Ryan will shortly announce he is not running for re-election.

Damn. Obviously we gotta wait to see if that happens, but if it does...damn.

Looks like Paul Ryan knows its time to jump ship. He's expected to announce later today he will not be seeking re-election.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/polit...ker/index.html

- - - Updated - - -

Axios reports that Paul Ryan will shortly announce he is not running for re-election.

Damn. Obviously we gotta wait to see if that happens, but if it does...damn.
    Doh, you beat me

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Looks like Paul Ryan knows its time to jump ship. He's expected to announce later today he will not be seeking re-election.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/polit...ker/index.html

- - - Updated - - -

Doh, you beat me
    he got his wealthy donors the tax cut they got him elected for, now he's going to reap all the rewards in the private sectors, there is a nice cushy job waiting for him.
    This is the face of corruption.