10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Please tell me things get better balanced as you progress and level up, it's frankly insulting how quickly stuff gets obliterated even in premade character gear, not to mention how little damage everything does. *This* is the kind of balance that makes people just want things over with.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-04-13 at 10:57 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Please tell me things get better balanced as you progress and level up, it's frankly insulting how quickly stuff gets obliterated even in premade character gear, not to mention how little damage everything does. *This* is the kind of balance that makes people just want things over with.
    post this feedback (maybe add a few details and considerations) on the b.net forums.

Quote Originally Posted by seraknis View Post
    post this feedback (maybe add a few details and considerations) on the b.net forums.
    Nah, everyone knows the best way to provide constructive feedback is to write an angry post on a fansite's forums.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well we are waiting for Warfronts. I am seriously hoping for level cap though I'd fully expect that when we move to beta they will do a character wipe and I expect Beta within April.
    Beta is next week hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    More exciting than "They're the evil enemy. Hit them." - could play a shooter for that.
    You just described the entire game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I know you're a salty person in general but there is a VERY GOOD reason. His city was destroyed, father killed in front of him due to a traitor(Yes Gul'dan shennigans but he doesn't know that). Orcs destroyed their city and well continued on their rampage on Azeroth for their world. At such a young age, that would scar him and make him despise Orcs and the Horde in general. It was only over time he begun to let go(Big part on his son to change him and his allies).

Oh and Reh'gar put him in gladiator combat as a slave.
    *Yawns in attempt to discredit points and arguments by calling me salty*

Actually, his anger issues stemmed from the fusing of Lo'Gosh and Varian, Chronicles Vol. III explicitly states as much. Before his abduction he was considered a promising king.
    So because of anime levels of writing he got excused from calling Thrall a greenskinned abomination, spitting at Genn and calling the worgen beasts that need to be put down. It was the same level of writing that magically cured his anger issues because of the ritual that calmed the worgen, effecting him because 'Lo'Gosh'.
    He was given character 'growth' during MoP at the expense of Tyrande and the Council of Three Hammers by having them act as impatient children.
    The sad thing is that even up to WoD, Varian was one of the better written Alliance characters.
    Then in Legion they gave him a cinematic and a cutscene where he just fought a bunch, and he was heralded as the greatest thing since canned bread.

Then we have Garrosh, a similar character with anger issues that stem from shame and disappointment. When he gets racist, suddenly he's Hitler and a 'rotten apple'.

Varian is one of my favorite Alliance characters (not that hard to determine considering the poor selection), but denying he got a free pass most of the time is simple bias.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2018-04-13 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    You just described the entire game
    There's more to WoW than just combat.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    *Yawns in attempt to discredit points and arguments by calling me salty*

Actually, his anger issues stemmed from the fusing of Lo'Gosh and Varian, Chronicles Vol. III explicitly states as much. Before his abduction he was considered a promising king.
    So because of anime levels of writing he got excused from calling Thrall a greenskinned abomination, spitting at Genn and calling the worgen beasts that need to be put down. It was the same level of writing that magically cured his anger issues because of the ritual that calmed the worgen, effecting him because 'Lo'Gosh'.
    He was given character 'growth' during MoP at the expense of Tyrande and the Council of Three Hammers by having them act as impatient children.
    The sad thing is that even up to WoD, Varian was one of the better written Alliance characters.
    Then in Legion they gave him a cinematic and a cutscene where he just fought a bunch, and he was heralded as the greatest thing since canned bread.

Then we have Garrosh, a similar character with anger issues that stem from shame and disappointment. When he gets racist, suddenly he's Hitler and a 'rotten apple'.

Varian is one of my favorite Alliance characters (not that hard to determine considering the poor selection), but denying he got a free pass most of the time is simple bias.
    You're still ignoring Varian's childhood being mostly destroyed thanks to the Orcs.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I wonder what dances kul'tirans will have, since they're the only allied race with 100% new animations.
    My bet on Pandaren's one.

Well we are waiting for Warfronts. I am seriously hoping for level cap though I'd fully expect that when we move to beta they will do a character wipe and I expect Beta within April.
    Not sure what a character wipe would achieve at this point. I doubt many people would honestly level through all of it again, most would probably just wait for the max level premades then.

Well it did happen in the past but then again how often has an alpha had so many people invited? As for what it serves, getting people to test leveling again after fixes have been made. Though I assume a beta would get them new testers.
    I woudl agree with that but since they keep inviting people en mass I don't really see much point in it. Given how they are that close to release and haven't even touched on max level content at all it would just cost them even more time. I think wiping the characters would actually be detremental at this point. Well either way, I kept all the azerite rubbish in hopes to see how diverse the leveling pieces are.

Wouldn't that be a pandaren dance? Kul Tirans would more likely be dancing while skinning a bear or beating an octopus.

- - - Updated - - -

I am guessing no new build this week. Maybe they don't want to affect the raid test for stability issues and will deploy after that?
    That is my guess if you are doing raid testing and the current build is stable enough to handle it then not making changes this week makes a lot of sense and probably a build or two next week.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    That is my guess if you are doing raid testing and the current build is stable enough to handle it then not making changes this week makes a lot of sense and probably a build or two next week.
    It would have been nice if they had at least fixed the keyboard issue of non-us keyboards. Everyone from mainland europe that accidently hits the wrong button has to go commando with mouse only controlls..

Edit: But then blizzard never gave a rats ass about feedback from the EU :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You're still ignoring Varian's childhood being mostly destroyed thanks to the Orcs.
    Because as of Chronicles Vol. III it isn't an integral part of his anger issues anymore.

Not so much ignoring as leaving out not-so-relevant details.

Deleted
    Server shut down possible new build?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    This should be obviously allied race. Based on current blizzard's logic.
    Lightforged Hi..Blood Elves

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Server shut down possible new build?
    Doubt it. Maybe after raid testing. I dont see them pushing a new build before raid testing because if that's broke, no raid testing.Unless they need to push a build to unlock testing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they can cancel raid testing with no notice, it's not like they haven't before. If they need to push a build now for some reason and servers cannot handle the raid after, so be it.
    That's always true. Very risky, but not to say that cant cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    This should be obviously allied race. Based on current blizzard's logic.
    Nah, only the Alliance gets allied races which are just basic color swaps.

5+ Year Old Account
    Could also be that they're pushing a new patch with more raid and dungeon content than they initially planned to, because of a burst of productivity/content generation, with the stableization in place already.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.