Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I see you're one that doesn't take defeat easy. No worries. As long as you're having fun. I'm sure there's plenty more topics you know nothing about that you can lavishly comment on.
    Wow... Wow... you are truly adorable...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Grow up and learn how to wait. They don't owe you a damn thing.

Claissic WoW is the new Dance Studio.

As someone waiting for Cyberpunk 2077, I laugh at 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Wow... Wow... you are truly adorable...
    Not interested, but I'm sure you'll find a husband soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Thank you for proving my point... which has been they dont have all that is needed... now... you are dismissed.

My dudes. You are both aware that both of you are correct to an extent right?

Why the salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    This is just a snippit. Read the whole article before you hit that reply button.
    as someone who work as IT, i know that is bullshit of answer, because if u don't know, u can run Virtual Machines on ur modern pc to make it run exactly as an old pc, and those programs are even out for free
    so the bullshit reason that 'they used to run different than today' doesn't work because u can literally downgrade ur modern machine to older one, heck Vsauce just showed a working Zorba machine, the most modern pc of 1980 literally, and blizz can't do that ? maybe ask Nostramus (or whatever their name was) how they were doing before shutting them down, they were doing great job actually doing what blizz say they have 'problem' with, and for free
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    What the illegal servers do and what Blizzard are doing are two completely different things.
    the machine part i already answered and i'm surprised ppl are that ill informed, where i work we literally just needed to use cworks, no not the most 'modern' version, the first one, that used to work on win 98 i think, so i talk from actual work experience
    and since everyone was saying that Nostramus (or whatever their name was) was running perfect, i'd say blizz should learn from them then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    -snip-
    again, that excuse would made sense, if not that there was already out an actual working vanilla server that was perfect and everyone was praising it, blizz shut it down for IP property (wow is their own i won't deny that), but can u explain why few hard work fans are able to make a far better work than blizz themselves ? why they can't literally just do exact same as they did like right now, since we know it works, and they were doing it for free ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    November, December, January, February, March, April...and soon May.

Yup that's how long we've been waiting for news concerning vanilla wow, and you know what? It's just not something a company usually does:

-Only a few updates here and there to reassure us concerning the progress? Sure, that's fine
    -A few hints from them here and there to tell us that we're not being forgotten? Sure, that's also fine
    -Absolutely 0 official news about something that hundreds of thousands, if not milions of people, are waiting for? That's just not fucking acceptable.

You don't announce a video game to let people in the dark for so long guys, I can already see some of you jumping at me :"They don't owe you shit" ,"it'll be ready when it's ready", "be patient", "there's no news that's it", but it's bullshit: after half a year, there's bound to be some progress.

Not to mention that they were supposed to communicate with us, to ask us what we really want when it comes to vanilla.

I'm very disappointed by the complete lack of feedback, and I know that a lot of people are in the same boat: this doesn't sound good at all so far.
    lol, every time i feel bad about myself i just go to the mmo-champion forum and remember that as bad as i am, at least i am not some basment-dwelling troll that obsess about 13 year old game so much he felt the need to post ragethread about how this is totally unacceptable that he is not fed constant stream of advertisment to said 13 year old game daily/weekly/monthly

Still the biggest reason that Vanilla is coming out is that it give blizzard Ammo in most countries to protect their IP.

What are you after dude, a cinematic trailer of some poor fool getting camped all the way from Duskwood to Booty Bay?

i know it will be on battlenet, but so far we arnt sure. but it may be a server option or a seperate client, but it will most liekly be a new client to stop cross realm things being weird... like being able to tell if someone is playing on a classic server or not classic server
    Presumsbly it would be similar to telling if someone was playing on a PVP server or a PVE server or a RP server or a RPPvP server. Cross-realm does group various servers of a specific type together already, so adding Classic vs Current that mix shouldn’t make things more difficult.

15+ Year Old Account
    They want an update on a product that's ten years old, being revisited.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

they said it was coming to shut people up, have you not seen the forums threads or twitch chat? they had to or else people would just keep spamming, making petitions and emailing them and contacting gms about it.

turns out they still will, but it slowed it abit atleast.
    I don't disagree that it might have been why they announced it; I'm just pointing out that from a marketing standpoint it was a pretty bad decision since they won't really have the same hype when they announce a release date now. I also don't think a group of people rabbling for vanilla (and I say that as someone who's really excited to play classic) on a forum really stressed Blizzard out that much. Now those same people are just bitching that they have to wait a year (2 years? 3 years?) for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    I don't disagree that it might have been why they announced it; I'm just pointing out that from a marketing standpoint it was a pretty bad decision since they won't really have the same hype when they announce a release date now. I also don't think a group of people rabbling for vanilla (and I say that as someone who's really excited to play classic) on a forum really stressed Blizzard out that much. Now those same people are just bitching that they have to wait a year (2 years? 3 years?) for it.
    actually for something liek this it actuallty is better, because we know what we are getting, they dont need to have a short hype train, this actuallty gives time for more people to find out and discuss it, hype dies off if people forget about it, or info slows down, info has not even started coming yet, once it is nearing i am sure we will get tons of info and the hype train will go.

also this is classic fucking wow, i dont think they need a hype train...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Im pretty sure im not going to touch it anyway.

seems like a waste of resources to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Im pretty sure im not going to touch it anyway.

seems like a waste of resources to me.
    On the private servers I've met a good number of dudes that never did classic originally but did play the expansions and almost all of them had a lot more fun on classic. Not everyone's cup of tea I suppose but it's worth leveling a toon and checking it out.

I wouldn't hold my breath in anticipation just yet.
    Game development isn't exactly stuff that happens over night.
    Pretty normal development cycle is around 3-5 years for a new game, in some extreme cases we've seen 14+ years.

Granted this is an existing title, but Blizzard previously said it wasn't even possible to recreate vanilla, cause they sold the server blades and whatnot. Private servers sort of says otherwise, as their announcement on Classic verifies too, but i believe what they meant by that is that they don't have a magical vanilla build running somewhere in the Blizz HQ basement. What they have is databases of information internal and external. They probably have a lot of documentation, dev notes, patch notes, if they were smart back during dev in 2001+.
    I would assume they also have art assets ready or existing.

Still they hired and are hiring a new team for it, that takes time alone. They probably have some people from private server projects they might have hired and some existing employees moved from other projects specially since they have to unite classic with the new Battle.net systems, but still going for more people. Which could be done during this past 6 months, but it is an ongoing process up until release i would assume.
    On that assumption best/most optimistic i'd say right now is, they have an internal timeline figured, nothing concrete or public (but a timeline how they intend to do this (Which is something no company ever gives out public or should even do that, cause it only leads to misunderstandings and hopes that won't come true)) and some of that old tech dug up and dusted out, but nothing that even reminds you of gameplay. I'd say things are on paper still and will be for a while. Then putting it all together and getting it working again as it was and combining with new external systems (not the game or gameplay, but distribution etc. I highly doubt they will make it store bought on 5 CD-roms, it will be integrated to b.net, and combining old tech to new tech is never an easy task or a simple one.).

Realistically i'd say we could expect some news at blizzcon 2019 of the progress, but nothing visual, nothing in video form, probably dev notes or something like that. Maybe possibly what feedback have they gotten from the community and how much of that is going to be taken in. That alone, the collection of the feedback, since it's sort of community driven product, i'd say will be what they are just reading through this year alone. Then maybe 2019 is when somebody actually starts writing some code first time.
    Release 2020 earliest all the way up to 2021-2022 being much more likely, with the asked hype coming 6 months before the actual release. So the community could end up waiting like 2,5 years before there's really anything to share.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2018-04-22 at 09:48 PM.

Good I hope you don't ever see it and they cancel it. Would be hilarious.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've seen games be announced at E3 then have 0 news from the devs until the next E3... And that's not even that uncommon so I'm not sure why you're acting like this is the only time it's ever happened that there was no news on a game for 6 months lmao.

I get that you're impatient and hell I am too, but 6 months is just not that long in terms of game development. This is especially true when you realize Blizz was just assembling the team when they told us about it.
    Ily mmoc