Voters
66. This poll is closed
  • Yes

43 65.15%
  • No

23 34.85%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you become a kid again if you had the choice?

No job, no kids, no worries. Just you, your family and fun. Would you do it if you had the chance?

Personally I wouldn't. Yes not having to worry about work is phenomenal but in my opinion the freedom of choice that I have as an adult far outweighs anything from my childhood. Not to mention NO SCHOOL. K-12 was absolute cancer growing up, yes work sucks ass but high school sucked MASSIVE ass, what a shithole of a prison highschool was to me.

So what about you? Would you return to childhood or stay the adult you are now?

Edit: No you're not able to keep your current knowledge, your knowledge retreats back to the year you decide to start.
    Last edited by staticflare; 2018-04-22 at 05:38 AM.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do I get to keep my current knowledge? if so then yes. otherwise, probably not.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    What this guy said.

10+ Year Old Account
    This. If I get to keep everything I know, fuck yeah I'd be allllll over it. You'd remember all the mistakes you made growing up and can make different choices. And I'm curious what school's like now compared to what it was when I was in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will wait for an answer regarding if we keep our knowledge or not, because if so then yes. If no, then I wouldn't bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Hopping on the if I could retain my knowledge then yes.

Would we be allowed to memorize jackpot lotto numbers first? Asking for a friend.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Would we be allowed to memorize jackpot lotto numbers first? Asking for a friend.
    what? no. I was asking because all that free time would be great to advance my studies now that I've narrowed down what I want to study.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Count me as another vote towards the experience question.

Having said that, regardless of the answer, I would.
    -If I get to keep the knowledge, I can grow up again and avoid the problems I created the first time around.
    -If I dont, I get a get a free brain reset which would allow me to re-experience things for the first time again and possibly put me on a new path anyways.

Either way, worth it.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know as well if we get to keep our current knowledge or not?

In the same boat, not even to avoid mistakes but to just know what options were available.

Fuuuuuuck no. Adult freedoms are just too good. Even during my brief stint of homelessness I would have still said no. Adult>kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do it if it was a brief experience and I didn't have my memories from being an adult. Or, I would keep them as long as it doesn't ruin the experience of being a kid. I wouldn't want to actually have to grow up again, but I would loooove to get to re-experience even little things like the holiday related excitement that has been dead for me since around age 12 or so. So I'd rather go in blind and retain the great childhood feelings, and remember it all upon returning to my proper age.

I don't wanna do my life over again, I'm fine with who I am.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Depends on what you mean by that. Would I like to literally turn back time to 1995-ish and start things over? Maybe, if I could tell my young self to not make the mistakes I did. But would I like to be turned into a 5 year old kid in 2018, start fresh in the "new expansion"? No fucking way. I would never want to grow up in the current youth culture or the special sort of hellhole that Swedish school has become, not to mention the society we'll probably have in another 20 years.

Fuck yeah i would!!

Back when i owned at video games, when christmas was something to look forward too, Pop and Chrisp (chips) on a Saturday night with a movie was a treat.

Simple pleasures then puberty happened and i havent been happy since and iam now nearly 40!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Depends on what you mean by that. Would I like to literally turn back time to 1995-ish and start things over? Maybe, if I could tell my young self to not make the mistakes I did. But would I like to be turned into a 5 year old kid in 2018, start fresh in the "new expansion"? No fucking way. I would never want to grow up in the current youth culture or the special sort of hellhole that Swedish school has become, not to mention the society we'll probably have in another 20 years.
    Can you elaborate? I thought Sweden was some left wing liberal utopia where the government pays for you to sit home and play video games if you can come up with some mild disability you have and there is low crime? That's the impression I get of all small (small as in less than 20 million people) Northern European countries from this forum. Whats hellhole about it?

For me, I am like the 10th person to ask if I keep my current knowledge? Also, what is a "kid"? 7? 10? 13? 16? I consider 20 year old's kids. Also, are we going back in time, or becoming a kid today? I've often thought about this, being a kid in the 80s again... ehhh... no thanks, I like today's tech too much. If I could become like 17 again with my current knowledge and have my money put in a bank account? Hell yes.

The excitement and wonder of life as a kid is not to be underestimated. To not be worn down by existence would be a fantastic thing to experience again, frankly.

No you don't get to keep your current knowledge. You can choose to start in years 4-15
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    No you don't get to keep your current knowledge. You can choose to start in years 4-15
    I'd pick 8. So 2001 for me I guess.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much no, with the direction the world/society is going would not want to be a kid in this day and age..