Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Serving them concurrently is bullshit. It should be "up to 30 years".
    I doubt Bill will even live 10 more years, so it's a moot point. He's already 80, nearly blind, and in poor health.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Not in this instance, IMO. He's 80 years old. At least if he serves them concurrently there's a chance he lives to do time on all counts.
    Age does not matter. A person should serve time for every count against him. Period. Why should we care if he lives long enough to get out of prison. That's a stupid rationale.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no. it wasn't.

this is an idiotic, fucking retarded bullshit ideology that's way too prevalent these days.

a culture of goddamned ignorance is what it is.
    I agree. I still enjoy his old comedy shows. It's like not watching your favorite movie anymore because one of the actors committed a crime. I just see his comedy as acting. Just because the actor turned out to not be such a nice person doesn't change my views on the character.

Say, hypothetically speaking, Brad Pitt committed a crime and went to jail. Does that mean you should never watch Fight Club again?

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I doubt Bill will even live 10 more years, so it's a moot point. He's already 80, nearly blind, and in poor health.
    It is not moot when it is about justice for all victims he was convicted of wrongdoing. I understand what you are saying, but age should be a zero factor.

Age does not matter. A person should serve time for every count against him. Period.
    And if he serves them concurrently there's a better chance he will do exactly that. I doubt he'll live to see 90.

Edit: just to say, I also usually think concurrent sentences are bullshit, but in the case of an 80 year old man I can see the logic in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I agree. I still enjoy his old comedy shows. It's like not watching your favorite movie anymore because one of the actors committed a crime. I just see his comedy as acting. Just because the actor turned out to not be such a nice person doesn't change my views on the character.

Say, hypothetically speaking, Brad Pitt committed a crime and went to jail. Does that mean you should never watch Fight Club again?
    They were not talking about "you" watching his shows, but children.

- - - Updated - - -

And if he serves them concurrently there's a better chance he will do exactly that. I doubt he'll live to see 90.
    Wrong. Concurrently simply means his sentence is up to 20 years shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way he even makes it past 10 years. Dude's ancient and looks in very poor health but anyways sucks to suck Cosby you creep

Aww, so now you are an apologist for his actions. Any shows, movies, etc, of him should not even be shown. It does not matter what good someone does when they turn out to be a piece of shit sexual predator.
    ok, can we throw away animal rights? hitler was a big proponent of that, pretty fucking bad dude. maybe that means animal rights, and being anti-smoking is a bad thing.

i mean, this is the level of idiocy at which you're operating.

there's been a fucking load of horrible, evil people even worse than cosby that have been proponents of good shit, teachers, contributors to the greater good of humanity. all that shit they've done, all they've believed in would have to be shitcanned if you idiots had your way. it's a fucking subhuman thought process. like a base animal level of thought, truly "thing hurt me, thing bad, run from all things like it"

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    that's one of the main reasons i feel that it's possibly false.

so many just coming out of the woodwork, it feels like a pile on to try to topple a giant.

for the past year and half or more, i've watched these pile on attacks on people, who get booted from their jobs and all other manner of shit just from accusations. i don't trust any of it anymore. it feels like it's being done to control people.
    Initially, I would have agreed with you. I mean, the first larger name (if not THE first) to come forward was Janet Dickinson. Let's be honest here, that woman is a train wreck of a human being. And I did not give her any currency for it to be true. Of course, the fact that I grew up with Bill Cosby as a household name sort of biased me.

But then, as you said, the accusations started piling up. And I started to wonder if there was credence to it. Then I noticed there were a number of well known females coming forward that have NOTHING to gain by marring the man.

Then the WHOLE thing with Harvey Weinstein happened. And then Louie CK. And then Kevin Spacey. And they have all admitted to it, more or less. And I start realizing that maybe, just maybe, no matter HOW innocent we might want to believe someone is, that perhaps they really have a creepy underlayer we just choose to mentally backburner and a lot of these women aren't lying. (I am giving Louie CK a pass here, btw... because no matter how creepy or inappropriate it may have been... he admitted to it fully and in every case, he was up front with the woman as to what he was doing. He wasn't drugging them or pressuring them into sex. He just jerked off in front of them, and to me, it's not nearly the same as Cosby & Weinstein.

In reality, I get what you are saying... but so many people feel powerless about this kind of thing that it really does take one or two strong people to set the stage to make other comfortable to come forward.

I am not saying that situations don't happen where it's truly a false accusation, for whatever reasons... such as what happened with Aziz Ansari... but the worst of this stuff has a lot of truth to it that we now have to face is an issue. Especially in Hollywood.

Not in this instance, IMO. He's 80 years old. At least if he serves them concurrently there's a chance he lives to do time on all counts.
    That's assuming he gets the max sentence on each count.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

- - - Updated - - -

It means he's serving time for all counts, whereas a sentence of 30 years means he might die before serving time for two out of the three counts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°

- - - Updated - - -

He's not really wrong. 10 years or 30, an 80 year old man is more than likely never going to live to see the end of the sentence in this day and age. I think that's the only point he was trying to make here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Glad this went the way it did. Pretty sad for all those women that won't see any justice. But good to know a predator is finally outed.

(and yes, I loved his shows as a kid - this is just unbelievable on one level)

- - - Updated - - -

20+ women? Really?
    Emphasis mine. I believe this is where the right-wingers' doubts arise.

ok, can we throw away animal rights? hitler was a big proponent of that, pretty fucking bad dude. maybe that means animal rights, and being anti-smoking is a bad thing.

there's been a fucking load of horrible, evil people even worse than cosby that have been proponents of good shit, teachers, contributors to the greater good of humanity. all that shit they've done, all they've believed in would have to be shitcanned if you idiots had your way. it's a fucking subhuman thought process. like a base animal level of thought, truly "thing hurt me, thing bad, run from all things like it"
    First off, no one here is saying anything such as the crap you are spewing. It would be pretty sad to endorse having children watch his shows, and those children thinking "oh well, he raped some women. No biggie."

7+ Year Old Account

I fully agree with you. I don't have any kids and never will...but if I did, I would have ZERO issue with them watching the old Cosby comedy I grew up with. Zero issue at all. Would I tell them that he wasn't a very nice guy in his private life? Sure. I would want them to understand the difference between a character on screen and the actor that portrays them. But would I tell them they weren't allowed to watch his comedy or shows he acted in? Hell no, that's asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    He's not really wrong. 10 years or 30, an 80 year old man is more than likely never going to live to see the end of the sentence in this day and age. I think that's the only point he was trying to make here.
    Again, people are assuming he's going to get the maximum sentence of 10 years per count.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    20+ women? Really?
    If a mass of people was enough to prove something true, then the flat earth idea might be more than a joke these days. >.>

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    If a mass of people was enough to prove something true, then the flat earth idea might be more than a joke these days. >.>
    That's one reason I'm not judging the man myself. I haven't seen the evidence myself. If actual evidence is released, then I'll believe it or not based on the evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I keep thinking about is what this is going to do to Cosby's entire film and television catalog. Thanks to his disgusting and terrible behavior, The Cosby Show will probably never be seen again. Possibly ditto for Fat Albert. Disney's The Devil & Max Devlin. I Spy. A lot of other people worked on those shows. The affects of his behavior will ultimately be felt by more people than his direct victims.
    Last edited by Hammerfest; 2018-04-26 at 06:49 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    no. it wasn't.

this is an idiotic, fucking retarded bullshit ideology that's way too prevalent these days.

a culture of goddamned ignorance is what it is.
    So sexual predators are good role models for young men?