Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Except you did. Feel free to look back at where you said white people don't understand.

"A lot". Remember that choice of words.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet. So, non-whites can't have a single opinion or viewpoint on the issues whites face because they can't possibly understand.

That's what we are going with.
    Is there any particular reason you're choosing to try and derail this thread into whining about BLM and so forth?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I discount white opinions of black experience for the same reason I discount civilian opinions of military experience. It's not valuable.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is being banned from speaking for free on public property?
    The issue is universities that may be private property, but are publicly funded. That creates quite an issue, doesn't it?

I cannot speak for sure in the UK, but there have been cases of people being told they cannot speak int he United States. there are differing justifications.

That's exactly why I want the government out of universities, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Most of the people who yell at BLM are at the very least passively racist. There are some valid criticisms but they're not very valid coming from white people who do not actually understand the issues.
    That's the most racist shit I've ever read on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Except you did. Feel free to look back at where you said white people don't understand.

"A lot". Remember that choice of words.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet. So, non-whites can't have a single opinion or viewpoint on the issues whites face because they can't possibly understand.

That's what we are going with.
    I don't believe that black opinion on white experience is particularly valuable, no. The level of butthurt such things creates among the white grief crowd is particular over the top though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's the most racist shit I've ever read on these forums.
    Really, because I've read people explicitly stating that black people are genetically inferior to white people.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think that I have a right to demand paid speaking engagements wherever I want?
    Why do you keep bringing this up? Do you even know what de-platforming is?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The issue is universities that may be private property, but are publicly funded. That creates quite an issue, doesn't it?

I cannot speak for sure in the UK, but there have been cases of people being told they cannot speak int he United States. there are differing justifications.

That's exactly why I want the government out of universities, and vice versa.
    I didn't ask you to reiterate your point. I asked you WHO we are talking about. I don't understand where you get this bizarre notion that everyone is entitled to any public platform they want at any time, as though I can just hold a parade or a rally, or co-opt a classroom to go off on a rant at my discretion.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Is there any particular reason you're choosing to try and derail this thread into whining about BLM and so forth?
    The irony of freedom to criticise usually being a one way road.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Why do you keep bringing this up? Do you even know what de-platforming is?
    It's when specific people are denied specific platforms, which happens to everyone in life. If I go to a school and demand to be paid to stand in their auditorium and yell for thirty minutes about nonsense, I've been de-platformed, so what?
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    It's when specific people are denied specific platforms, which happens to everyone in life. If I go to a school and demand to be paid to stand in their auditorium and yell for thirty minutes about nonsense, I've been de-platformed, so what?
    No, that's not it.

It's when people that have been invited to speak are denied that platform by those that have nothing to do with that choice.

You don't have the "right" to speak at a university as a citizen so why should the alt-right get special privileges?

I didn't ask you to reiterate your point. I asked you WHO we are talking about. I don't understand where you get this bizarre notion that everyone is entitled to any public platform they want at any time, as though I can just hold a parade or a rally, or co-opt a classroom to go off on a rant at my discretion.
    As a libertarian, that is exactly what I want to be allowed on public property. That's why I want the government out of the university business, so that they can be separate. if you are going to demand that tax dollars go to a university, you better be prepared for people to want to be able to spread their views on that property. it doesn't matter if they are racist asshats, or not.

Don't get pissed when people want public property to be public use, and get pissed when people seek to use the government to discriminate against others for their personal views.

FTR, again, university and media in Europe had all the ''FREEDOM OF SPEECH'' as conceived by the alt right they wanted in the 30. That is, the freedom to scream hysterically about murdering ''DEGENERATE MINORITIES'' (of course, people with working brain cells, and thus not in the alt right, would have noticed that their Aryan masters were fond of making little lists, and that on those lists, ''JEWS'' might be on top, but pretty much everyone in Europe except Germans was below them on that list)

If laws against hate speech were made, it's because of two things

1)All those ''GUD JUKES'' about murdering Jews and ''filthy subhumans'' led to millions upon millions of...actual murders. Of course, alt-righters are always play-pretending either that there was no Jews killed or that it was awesome to kill Jews depending on what the voices in their heads are saying, but to drill it further in the part of your brains that are not filled with worms and/or meth, the Nazis murdered and enslaved millions upon millions of W-H-I-T-E people.

2) Oddly enough, people noticed an odd pattern-the more a rat was screaming about Jews, the more he was on the Nazi payroll. ''INTELLEKTUALS WITH KOMPLEX AND AKKURATE IDEAS'' who screamed about genocide were oddly enough the ones sceaming about rearmament too...

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Yep so universities have in the UK, in your opinion should have the right to tell people to fuck off.
    If they are private, and privately funded, sure. It makes it like any other private business.

if the taxpayers are paying for it, don't get pissed when people feel justified in speaking there.

No, that's not it.

It's when people that have been invited to speak are denied that platform by those that have nothing to do with that choice.
    I was responsible for filing applications for speakers in college for a liberal organization. The vast, vast, vast majority of applications were denied for all kinds of reasons, and sometimes no reason at all. That's how it works. There are very limited resources for speakers, so very few that we invited were approved. Why are you pissing and moaning about this?
    -ynnady

Bottom line, if it's public-backed, then they should not be denied based on what they are saying.

- - - Updated - - -

I was responsible for filing applications for speakers in college for a liberal organization. The vast, vast, vast majority of applications were denied for all kinds of reasons, and sometimes no reason at all. That's how it works. There are very limited resources for speakers, so very few that we invited were approved. Why are you pissing and moaning about this?
    Were some of those reasons that you didn't like the people, or didn't want to hear what they had to say?

As a libertarian, that is exactly what I want to be allowed on public property. That's why I want the government out of the university business, so that they can be separate. if you are going to demand that tax dollars go to a university, you better be prepared for people to want to be able to spread their views on that property. it doesn't matter if they are racist asshats, or not.

Don't get pissed when people want public property to be public use, and get pissed when people seek to use the government to discriminate against others for their personal views.
    Let me get this straight, you think I should be able to wander into a 9th grade classroom and rant about anything I please, because that classroom is public property?

- - - Updated - - -

Bottom line, if it's public-backed, then they should not be denied based on what they are saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Were some of those reasons that you didn't like the people, or didn't want to hear what they had to say?
    What? I was the one inviting the people that were being denied. There are not infinite resources to hold events at colleges. They cost money. The school has a responsibility to only hold events that have educational value and to choose the most important among those.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    The difficulty of being approved has nothing to do with it. These are people that have already been approved. Then others chase them off, wasting everyone's time and money.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of freedom to criticise usually being a one way road.
    There is no irony.

You're ignoring the difference in character between said criticisms.

Please, please tell us what ''EDUKATIONAL'' value a rat like Milo have. ?

You need to hear in person ''UR UR UR WUMIN STOOPID, UR UR UR LIBURALS VERMIN'' ? You don't understand all the nuance and ''KOMPLEXIT'' of his creed whhen he squeaks it on YouTube ?

You don't need to pay big fancy money to learn the gospel of the alt-right. All you have to do is take a piece of paper and write ''EVERYONE NOT EXACLTY LIKE ME IS AN ANIMAL TO BE EXTERMINATED''. The ''SCIENTIFUKAL AND RATIONNAL ARGUMENTS'' they claim to have always boil down inexplicably that everyone on Earth is a cretin and imbecile except (YOU INCREDIBLY NARROW DEMOGRAPHIC). In 1939 they made little charts PROVING that Germans were superior to Poles, Czechs, French, Belgians, Russians and so forth, and Milo-the-Rat in 2018 say that basement dwellers with anime daikamuras are the apex of evolution.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-05-04 at 03:47 PM.

The difficulty of being approved has nothing to do with it. These are people that have already been approved. Then others chase them off, wasting everyone's time and money.
    Numerous people I invited had their invitations rescinded for all kinds of reasons. That's how it works. These are not open platforms. They are a platform for education.
    -ynnady