Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    or

OR

You're a try hard.

There is merely only months of this GCD change and of testing new play styles due to HAVING to play around the GCD change.

I'm on the beta and I run Details to see DPS/damage done and I haven't seen a wide enough gap between using 1 cooldown versus wasting 3-4 GCD to use all cooldowns to warrant "sub-optimal" or even "literally unplayable."

You kind of have to adapt to circumstances.
    Relying on details in beta which doesn't record correct data half the time and making assumptions based on it.....

hmm..

I mean just play a spec that really loves Haste like Marksmans---- ohhhhh...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Relying on details in beta which doesn't record correct data half the time and making assumptions based on it.....

hmm..
    Was not aware of this if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    The GCD isn't that bad at all, I've tried hunter the only thing that pisses me off is the 3 sec cast timer on Aim Shot that doesnt get affected by haste or trueshot... I'm hoping for the love of god it's a bug and next build will address this.

Infact im gonna quickly log on now and make a quick bug report.
    Aimed Shot is absolutely reduced by haste...you just need a fair amount to make any real difference in how it feels.

To get the cast down to 2.5s, you need 20% Haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    or

OR

You're a try hard.

There is merely only months of this GCD change and of testing new play styles due to HAVING to play around the GCD change.

I'm on the beta and I run Details to see DPS/damage done and I haven't seen a wide enough gap between using 1 cooldown versus wasting 3-4 GCD to use all cooldowns to warrant "sub-optimal" or even "literally unplayable."

You kind of have to adapt to circumstances.
    Now now, let him have his hyperbole. He's earned it, what with being in the 80 percentile!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    That's banana's because even trueshot made no apparent difference to the cast time.
    Are you using an addon that shows you the cast time while casting?

Are you looking at the tooltip of the spell while you have Haste buffs?

Or are you just looking at the generic yellow castbar and noticing it doesn't feel faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
    [DBM PULL TIMER] 3, 2, 1[/DBM PULL TIMER]

Potion at 1 (GCD)
    Berserking (GCD)
    Aspect (GCD)
    Ancient Hysteria (GCD)
    Bestial Wrath (GCD)

Hits first button that actually does damage 8+ seconds after the encounter starts.
    Are you sure Ancient Hysteria is on the GCD? I thought pet abilities did not affect your personal GCD.

Just curious. I have not played in the beta, so I was just curious how these worked. Thanks for any insight.

Also, I think that they should remove the 10% crit component on Aspect. That would prevent it from being needed to stack with Bestial Wrath. It should just be used as a focus regen imho.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2018-05-08 at 07:37 PM.

Was not aware of this if true.
    We have been logging it, stacking CDs still makes a difference. Just like in live, the more you can line up CDs and press them during a fight the better you will do.

Potion at 1 (GCD)
    macro /petattack /Berserking (GCD)
    Aspect (GCD)
    Ancient Hysteria (GCD)
    Bestial Wrath (GCD)

Hits first button that actually does damage 8+ seconds after the encounter starts.
    There. FTFY.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk View Post
    They are trying to address burst issues in pvp and help forecast big damage through making visible animations and giving people a GCD to react. Which is why defensives are off but offensives are on. They are trying really hard to "revive" pvp from the huge decline over the expansion.
    But why those morons at dev's team just disable macros in pvp, or just add this GCD crap to only when your pvp is on (new war mode) or instanced pvp, they can make talents cd's recharge/cast faster by pvp talents, why can't they do this? That's a lot of changes they have to make in game just because it was cause some problems for pvp.

But give an excuse that they want us to look at cool animations that the char is doing when he cast something? when you questing or on a dummy, yes, its cool, in a raid when you have to look at timers, what direction the boss is aiming, the fire on the floor,etc., and if you take one wrong step you could die or even wipe the whole team, you really will have time to look you char making a belly dance while he is casting, I don't think so.

To making a game that the smart and strategic one gains advantage over the fastest keyboard faceroller, yeah, its a nice concept, but the they need to adjust a lot of classes/specs or its gonna look we're playing a turn-based rpg (exaggerate here over a bit).

I testing on beta a little, just some dungeons, and it is a lot slower than live, not just opener, maybe later with right gear and a lot more haste (i'm at 117 with 13% or so) thing gonna start fell better.

Why on earth would you pot at 1? You pot 8 seconds before the pull if you have casts that don't aggro the boss. On my warlock this expansion I've been casting DE, pot and Shadowbolt before the timer hits 0. DKs cast army of the dead at 10 so that they get their runes back. This isn't a new concept.

I am level 114 atm and have around 18%haste. The Aimed shot cast time is at 2.6 sec and I can bring it down to about 2 sec with Trueshot. So at least now, Trueshot is actually reducing the cast time.

Oh no, we might have to think rather than simply smash buttons! The horror! And you need haste to make Aimed not take forever, what a new and terrible development!

Talk to me when everything's on GCD, you have to time movement and shots to prevent clipping AutoShot, and there's a deadzone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

15+ Year Old Account

Potion at 1 (GCD)
    Berserking (GCD)
    Aspect (GCD)
    Ancient Hysteria (GCD)
    Bestial Wrath (GCD)

You expect Hunters being the ones popping Heroism?

As opposed to mindlessly bashing everything without second thought?

Counterpoint - it completely sucks balls and is a terrible change.
    Highly intellectual, informed retort.

Potion at 1 (GCD)
    Berserking (GCD)
    Aspect (GCD)
    Ancient Hysteria (GCD)
    Bestial Wrath (GCD)

Yeah, they should remove and/or rework the cooldowns. One damage CD, one utility CD and whatever else that fits. That start just looks bad. Don't get me wrong, if that's what it is like live but without GCD then I still think it should be purged.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Oh no, we might have to think rather than simply smash buttons! The horror! And you need haste to make Aimed not take forever, what a new and terrible development!

Talk to me when everything's on GCD, you have to time movement and shots to prevent clipping AutoShot, and there's a deadzone.
    I loved the deadzone! Was so much fun. Wish it was still a thing, and I played hunter.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So your argument is to play sub-optimally. I wish there was like a requirement to post on this site in class forums that you needed to get an average of 80th percentile or so in the current tier on heroic or higher. Would weed out the trash
    And the quotes from MMO Champion owners or moderators about how the site is intended to cater exclusively to mythic and high-end heroic raiders are...where, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You expect Hunters being the ones popping Heroism?
    Considering it's a pet ability that, so far, doesn't affect your personal GCD, then yes. I fully expect Hunters to be the ones to use lust/hero.
    If it is put on the GCD, someone has to bite the bullet, otherwise it'll be on tanks to use drums, which sounds great for suboptimal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Considering it's a pet ability that, so far, doesn't affect your personal GCD, then yes. I fully expect Hunters to be the ones to use lust/hero.
    If it is put on the GCD, someone has to bite the bullet, otherwise it'll be on tanks to use drums, which sounds great for suboptimal reasons.
    Only so long as its a BM hunter. MM going to want nothing to do with it due to "ramp up time" on lonewolf after pet dismissed ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Potion at 1 (GCD)
    Berserking (GCD)
    Aspect (GCD)
    Ancient Hysteria (GCD)
    Bestial Wrath (GCD)

Would you rather not have berserking? If it is a dps increase do you think you feel worse than someone from another race not having it? If you are really the one to use ancient hysteria and use 50 of your pet's focus your group really must need it and you should feel good about being needed right?

These kinds of hyperbolic expamples kill any real conversation. The only problem really is to have both bestial wrath and aspect to me. I don't really see the aspect as a mandatory part of the kit as it is.