Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    He made the dark souls of studio flops. Feel sorry for the employees and i bet they are pretty bitter thinking 'if only he kept his goddamn mouth shut' at this point.

Feel bad for the people losing their jobs but well when you make a game just to follow a fad when that fad is already set in stone and do some questionable shit to it well you're kind of asking for it to be shut down

Just goes to prove that in this guys case because your name is lent to some half decent games doesn't mean shit when it comes to actually managing the entire thing yourself.

As for Lawbreakers itself it was garbage. Nothing genre defining about it whatsoever or anything that could be considered unique in a good way. Just a fad follower and nothing more. Tried to follow the fad that Overwatch and Paladins set in stone and failed.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-14 at 09:07 PM.

Cliffy B is pretty much the poster child of "you can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?". Shitty thing to happen but what do you expect after releasing a gigantic flop followed by a "MTX before textures" early access cash grab.

https://twitter.com/ron_lajoie/statu...93337672273920

Looks like Cliffy didn't tell the staff till he told twitter, what a complete chode.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Looks like Cliffy didn't tell the staff till he told twitter, what a complete chode.
    Businesses love to do that.

I've even been victim of it. They kept telling us they would renew our contracts, then when the contract expire date came up they told us "thanks and goodbye"

They dont like staff stealing shit/ doing w/e

What an absolute shitstain he is.

What kind of incompetent ape announces the shutdown publicly before his own employees.

This man should be banned from running another company. It's clear he isn't cut out for it and that his experience means diddly squat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Businesses love to do that.

I've even been victim of it. They kept telling us they would renew our contracts, then when the contract expire date came up they told us "thanks and goodbye"

They dont like staff stealing shit/ doing w/e
    I mean if they aren't even going to bother keeping you on why should they care if they go elsewhere? ME NO UNDERSTAND
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean if they aren't even going to bother keeping you on why should they care if they go elsewhere? ME NO UNDERSTAND
    Well it stops your staff from stealing the office supplies, and its just a douchey way of keeping people on until you dont need them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well it stops your staff from stealing the office supplies, and its just a douchey way of keeping people on until you dont need them anymore.
    Not gonna lie.

Would have stolen some office supplies and some of Cliffs shit to sell on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not gonna lie.

Would have stolen some office supplies and some of Cliffs shit to sell on ebay.
    Hey man hes gotta pay off his 5th lambo and failing restaurant/bar franchise venture that lost him a LOT of money and forced him to get back into games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was I supposed to know of those games?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

And nothing of value was lost.

Holy shit, fuckin real? Yeah, can he never return to the industry, now? I don't give a shit if he finds some humility, this is unacceptable. Tell your fucking staff first. Offer them support. Let them start processing while requesting that they not say anything for a bit so you can make the official announcement.

This is fucking awful, fuck him.

Hey man hes gotta pay off his 5th lambo and failing restaurant/bar franchise venture that lost him a LOT of money and forced him to get back into games.
    To be honest if I was worth the 16 million or so he was I'd be giving the remainder of my employees some decent severance pay out of my own pocket.

But well we all know he isn't going to do that. Hopefully most of the devs there get picked up by Epic because right now it's a stable opportunity for them if Fortnite takes off even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy shit, fuckin real? Yeah, can he never return to the industry, now? I don't give a shit if he finds some humility, this is unacceptable. Tell your fucking staff first. Offer them support. Let them start processing while requesting that they not say anything for a bit so you can make the official announcement.

This is fucking awful, fuck him.
    To be honest there should be a law for this. You shouldn't be allowed to publicly announce the closure of a company first no matter how dire the situation.

If anything as you said you should help prepare the staff for it. I'd consider this shit move heavily deceptive.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-14 at 09:48 PM.

To be honest if I was worth the 16 million or so he was I'd be giving the remainder of my employees some decent severance pay out of my own pocket.

But well we all know he isn't going to do that. Hopefully most of the devs there get picked up by Epic because right now it's a stable opportunity for them if Fortnite takes off even more.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest there should be a law for this. You shouldn't be allowed to publicly announce the closure of a company first no matter how dire the situation.

If anything as you said you should help prepare the staff for it. I'd consider this shit move heavily deceptive.
    Apparently Blizzards already reached out to them about work, but the idea that Blizzard will be making a 'heros of the battle royale' wouldn't surprise anyone would it?

7+ Year Old Account
    As for Lawbreakers itself it was garbage. Nothing genre defining about it whatsoever or anything that could be considered unique in a good way. Just a fad follower and nothing more. Tried to follow the fad that Overwatch and Paladins set in stone and failed.
    Lawbreakers was in development before Overwatch was announced and a lot before Paladins was, hell it's not even the same genre of game beyond first person shooter. Paladins was the Overwatch follower, but it is free to play so it doesn't really matter. Lawbreakers has a shit ton of faults, but it's such a completely different game than the hero shooters that it's akin to calling a xbox a nintendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Blizzards already reached out to them about work, but the idea that Blizzard will be making a 'heros of the battle royale' wouldn't surprise anyone would it?
    And(At least according to Twitter) Bonfire studios so these guys got opportunities although it's still shitty what happened.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I can see them doing a fortnite clone and offering Lich king skins for sale absolutely

Blizzards business model moved away from innovation to milking whales years ago

Not really.

And to be honest I wouldn't mind if Blizzard did one. I mean they could just throw it on as a game mode for Overwatch realistically.

Hope most of the devs do get picked up though by bigger names.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good early birthday present and proof god is real.