Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

teldrassil reduced to a 2D cardboard model

i dont know what i expected.. maybe that they had kept teldrassil as it was, but with smoke and fire everywhere and everything to be charred and dead.
    i certainly dont like what theyve done with it.

one thing ive always loved about wow, is that whatever i see in the distance, i can always get up close to it.. unlike this cardboard tree, and the design of argus backgrounds aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post

i dont know what i expected.. maybe that they had kept teldrassil as it was, but with smoke and fire everywhere and everything to be charred and dead.
    i certainly dont like what theyve done with it.

one thing ive always loved about wow, is that whatever i see in the distance, i can always get up close to it.. unlike this cardboard tree, and the design of argus backgrounds aswell.
    And pretty much every backdrop behind an invisible wall

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    heh.

/10char

I'll admit i laughed

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you are referring to this.... which to be honest looks really good in my opinion.... Looks a hell of a lot better than a frikkin tree stump. I mean it's not like we are supposed to travel there... unless you wanna collect charcoal lol :P

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I wonder how long it will burn for

better than the original 3d model that looked nothing like what teldrassil is meant to look like.

Instantly thought of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Deleted
    I don't think it's very useful for anyone to go into a burning Teldrassil, except if they wanted to bring back druids of the flame or something. Particle effects like fire are quite heavy for the game, so just imagine the lag in a whole zone made out of it.

Maybe they can add it back once everything got burned down, but not now that it's a giant bonfire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    better than the original 3d model that looked nothing like what teldrassil is meant to look like.
    Came for the player telling the game programmers and artists what their art should look like, found it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    If Stormwind repair time is any indication (or the bridge in Redridge), then three expansions at least.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like the far-away stuff on Argus, I think it looks good. I like this tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    Came for the player telling the game programmers and artists what their art should look like, found it.
    Got any problem with it? Or should this player simply eat whatever blizzard cooks and never be critic of it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Got any problem with it? Or should this player simply eat whatever blizzard cooks and never be critic of it?
    Being critical doesn't equate telling someone what a tree they designed in a game world they created doesn't look like it actually should, now does it?

Surely you're not just a pompous ass and understand the difference between critical and assumed expertise over something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    Not nearly as long as stratholme.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    Being critical doesn't equate telling someone what a tree they designed in a game world they created doesn't look like it actually should, now does it?

Surely you're not just a pompous ass and understand the difference between critical and assumed expertise over something.
    He's not wrong. Have you seen artwork of Teldrassil? It looks like an actual tree with branches and leaves. In game it's a massive stump with trees and houses covering it. Honestly, I don't think Teldrassil from the artwork would have worked for a starting zone in the game. What they went with ingame works, though it looks nothing "like it should".

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I guess you are referring to this.... which to be honest looks really good in my opinion.... Looks a hell of a lot better than a frikkin tree stump. I mean it's not like we are supposed to travel there... unless you wanna collect charcoal lol :P
    It does look great, but if you try to fly to it you end up hitting an invisible wall and in-game is not so far, so it's easy to notice the lack of volume.

Not saying that the old stump looked better, it was horrible, but at least it gave the right idea from a distance.

I don't know if they plan to keep the tree burning forever, but i was expecting to be able to visit the ruins/pile of ash/whatever.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

I think it looks fine... though it's not entirely 2D, or at the very least, it is somewhat dynamic. Like when I was flying around, you could see the other sides of the tree, and gives off the illusion that it is 3D. So while it isn't a solid object, it is placed in very well and does look quite nice.

Deleted
    imo its cool to fly around brill and undercity and look at the aftermath and devastation of the war.
    teldrassil is just a painting, that looks nice from the right angle (it looks pretty weird if you look at it from an unintended angle). and it looks nothing like what it used to look like.

Eventually it will burn down, fall over and sink into the swa.., I mean sea.

I was hoping for a 3D model we'd be able to fly around in to really grasp the scope of the losses. The idea that it'll just be an invisible wall makes me sad.