Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm confused, did you speedread? Both Alonsus (and Calia, though as an undead-type) live, and the window for them to join the Alliance is renewed.
    No, I read pretty slowly, but the pages you mentioned weren't on my amazon preview. I found your thread thanks! I don't know how I missed those pages, I read them all in a row, but maybe my scroll went nuts. Wow, this looks promising

Quote Originally Posted by Isenholt View Post
    No, I read pretty slowly, but the pages you mentioned weren't on my amazon preview. I found your thread thanks! I don't know how I missed those pages, I read them all in a row, but maybe my scroll went nuts. Wow, this looks promising
    No problem. They probably cut out the spoilery parts, but yeah, Alonsus and Calia are still kicking and look to be operating with Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Problem is that whole situation happened because of the Naaru telling Calia to do something stupid. With the Mag'har datamine I don't trust those windchimes one bit. This war is happening because of the naaru. People keep glossing over that.
    I wonder... Were his promises to the Forsaken that they'd be safe the second lie that the Boy-King is to offer from the Master's table?

Because yeah, this is looking like the Naaru. Calia might end up as part of a villain faction, alongside Yrel and AU Garrosh as the "True Army of the Light".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    I wonder... Were his promises to the Forsaken that they'd be safe the second lie that the Boy-King is to offer from the Master's table?

Because yeah, this is looking like the Naaru. Calia might end up as part of a villain faction, alongside Yrel and AU Garrosh as the "True Army of the Light".
    Yup, we have to remember the legion transcends time and reality. Not surprised the naaru moved on AU. Also the sunwell is now suspect considering blood elves are getting golden eyes and that the naaru knew this would happen or allowed it to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And for what, some shitty light-undead asspull loyal to pet character of some dumb wannabe writer?
    I guess so, if that's how you feel about Calia Menethil and/or Christie Golden.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Problem is that whole situation happened because of the Naaru telling Calia to do something stupid. With the Mag'har datamine I don't trust those windchimes one bit. This war is happening because of the naaru. People keep glossing over that.
    As I said before, I never trusted the Naaru even back in the TBC days - there was something about them that screamed "too good to be true" in the way they were generally portrayed. To see them start to make creepy in-roads such as with Ka'ra, Xe'ra, and now Saa'ra is only making that feeling grow stronger.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    Blizzard has invest a lot into marketing of Sylvanas. I really doubt they will ditch her for Calia Menethil, even if she holds far more true bonds with the Lordaeron.
    for old lordaeron.
    Calia has no idea the crap the forsaken has went through. how can she lead people, she has no understanding of?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post

- - - Updated - - -

As I said before, I never trusted the Naaru even back in the TBC days - there was something about them that screamed "too good to be true" in the way they were generally portrayed. To see them start to make creepy in-roads such as with Ka'ra, Xe'ra, and now Saa'ra is only making that feeling grow stronger.
    Yeah, I personally think the presence of the legion was keeping both the void and Light in check. But with it gone as Xal said they are starting their eternal conflict again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    As harsh as he is, it doesn't look good. This is probably how dinosaurs felt when there was a big red dot on the sky. And it was getting bigger.
    And lets be fair, concerns about christies...objectivity aren't really unfounded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    As harsh as he is, it doesn't look good. This is probably how dinosaurs felt when there was a big red dot on the sky. And it was getting bigger.
    And lets be fair, concerns about christies...objectivity aren't really unfounded.
    I will reserve judgment for the full novel once released, it feels somewhat foolhardy to render a final opinion based on just a preview. It does set a specific tone, however, and not a good one at least from my personal perspective. I am going to approach this one with the same trepidation I did the "Illidan" novel, would seem.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I will reserve judgment for the full novel once released, it feels somewhat foolhardy to render a final opinion based on just a preview. It does set a specific tone, however, and not a good one at least from my personal perspective. I am going to approach this one with the same trepidation I did the "Illidan" novel, would seem.
    I would agree with you if it was the case of any other medium.

But since its blizzard, and we know how their writing is (and how they react to negative community feedback) im gonna say this:

CALIA SUCKS AND SO DOES THIS ENTIRE CONCEPT
    #constructivefeedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Imagine being this delusional
    It's just as delusional as calling her Garrosh.

Deleted
    when calia will replace sylvanas and lead the forsaken (because this is clearly what blizzard seems to be doing) how will she fight against anduin and the alliance? anduin was one of the two people that brought her back. don't you think it will look weird for calia to side with the horde and go rampage against the alliace? unless a new holy undead allied race is coming for alliance which i really doubt, horde will get that one

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    when calia will replace sylvanas and lead the forsaken (because this is clearly what blizzard seems to be doing) how will she fight against anduin and the alliance? anduin was one of the two people that brought her back. don't you think it will look weird for calia to side with the horde and go rampage against the alliace? unless a new holy undead allied race is coming for alliance which i really doubt, horde will get that one
    Calia's not Sylvanas's replacement. Calia's a villain, just a Light based one.

Lilian Voss is more likely to replace Sylvanas.

It's kinda funny that people are still foaming at the mouth and cursing Genn's name when he has a major redemption moment within those pages. He realizes the forsaken are not all bad, it's just Sylvanas. He even said he didn't expect her to go as far as she did and the members of the desolate council would not blame Anduin for failing to protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Gonna have to agree with this. This is the first time (in a while) I've really felt 'disconnected' from the lore. I just can't shake the feeling that they're jumping the shark with Before the Storm.

At least Genn gets some character development.

The undead character development, Genn's character development and then some were all pretty good in my opinion. The fact that this concept of living and undead humans coming together was completely annihilated is not something I am a fan of and touching upon this possible reunion was something I always wanted to see being brought in official lore, but I assume it makes sense that this happens before BfA in order to fuel the faction war even further and sever any possible ties.

An undead Calia with all the light though? I'd have prefered her alive or completely dead. The way they're going with both the light and void is really confusing and inconsistent.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-05-17 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that would have been an interesting story.
    too bad they fucked it up.

and of course Sylvanas wiped the Desolate Council.
    what did you expect?
    she's not portrayed as a megalomaniac sociopath dictator for nothing.
    she should change the Ηorde moto to "my way or the high way".

and people should stop whining about calia.
    since vanilla the lore was "bent" with forsaken holy priests.
    instead of just changing their spell animations (lazy asses).
    so its nothing new.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-05-17 at 08:51 AM.

You're saying this as if there was no precedent of Blizzard's quality, or even Golden's *cough* War Crimes *cough*, to make the picture more clear than just the previews on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    how can she lead people, she has no understanding of?
    She will offer them "cure" in form o transformation from undead, to light depended deathless, and in such way - regain Lordearon for Alliance. Simple. However devastating for the Horde

Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    She will offer them "cure" in form o transformation from undead, to light depended deathless, and in such way - regain Lordearon for Alliance. Simple. However devastating for the Horde
    I will go with "she will become raid boss in the "Light is the enemy" patch.