Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    That's an awesome idea. But I don't think the Democrats have the balls to do it.
    If they don't, there is legitimately no point to even being a Democracy anymore, which makes the entire issue moot.

I've never understood "democratic (small d) passivity".

A free country SHOULD be the most powerful country on Earth. And it shouldn't be close. Autocracies should live in mortal fear of what we'll do to them if they offend us.
    A free people SHOULD be the most exuberant and aggressive about their ideology. Democratic promotion is something to be PROUD of.
    A free people SHOULD be extremely difficult to "control" at home, politicians should live in terror of their beliefs, so to speak.

It all comes down to a central belief of mine: A free people should be the most powerful, uncontrolled expression of the human political condition, and nearly impossible to contain.

If free people won't fight for their freedom, and if we elect people who won't fight for it, then what's the goddamn point of all of this? Really? Why bother? Let's just in that case, chose to become Roman Empire 2.0, crown Trump Caesar and make every moron who ever called America an "empire" before as a political slam realize how mistaken they were when they see the real thing.

If Democrats don't have the balls to resort to extreme measures to protect the constitution, and their voters tolerate that in the name of some Nancy Pelosi political stratagem, then they'll have gored American democracy every bit as grievous as Trump's corruption and lawlessness has.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Again, mueller doesn't care as much about midterms as we do. He cares that the president committed crimes to get elected, and is selling out america. That's a time sensitive issue, as the president continues to harm the nation for personal gain.
    Ultimately, investigations and legal cases proceed at their usual snail's pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    If they don't, there is legitimately no point to even being a Democracy anymore, which makes the entire issue moot.

I've never understood "democratic (small d) passivity".

A free country SHOULD be the most powerful country on Earth. And it shouldn't be close. Autocracies should live in mortal fear of what we'll do to them if they offend us.
    A free people SHOULD be the most exuberant and aggressive about their ideology. Democratic promotion is something to be PROUD of.
    A free people SHOULD be extremely difficult to "control" at home, politicians should live in terror of their beliefs, so to speak.

It all comes down to a central belief of mine: A free people should be the most powerful, uncontrolled expression of the human political condition, and nearly impossible to contain.

If free people won't fight for their freedom, and if we elect people who won't fight for it, then what's the goddamn point of all of this? Really? Why bother? Let's just in that case, chose to become Roman Empire 2.0, crown Trump Caesar and make every moron who ever called America an "empire" before as a political slam realize how mistaken they were when they see the real thing.

If Democrats don't have the balls to resort to extreme measures to protect the constitution, and their voters tolerate that in the name of some Nancy Pelosi political stratagem, then they'll have gored American democracy every bit as grievous as Trump's corruption and lawlessness has.
    I noticed this topic on the front page angle got dragged in so I might not have all the information so forgive me if I miss step but let me ask you a question.

What if you are the one in the wrong?

Everything you listed kind of sounds like what the average Trump voter said when they elected him president and for better or worse he has kept his promises for the most part. More so then any president in recent history. Democracy was held and the most popular ideas won.

We shouldn't consider the dismantling of democracy simply because your personal ideals are not held by the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked down View Post
    Democracy was held and the most popular ideas won.
    Um, no, no it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Um, no, no it wasn't.
    Yes,yes it was... one person one vote and the same rules everyone followed...

Yes,yes it was... one person one vote and the same rules everyone followed...
    That's how it should be, yes. That is not how it is.

That's how it should be, yes. That is not how it is.
    Explain yourself then. What makes this case unique?

Explain yourself then. What makes this case unique?
    The person who got the most votes is not Trump.

The person who got the most votes is not Trump.
    We use the electoral college... everyone plays by the same rules. You can't complain about the rules you agreed to after the fact.

We use the electoral college... everyone plays by the same rules. You can't complain about the rules you agreed to after the fact.
    And you can't claim the majority supports Trump's ideas when they don't.

And you can't claim the majority supports Trump's ideas when they don't.
    I'm not arguing that... I am saying he won the presidency running on his ideas.

I'm not arguing that... I am saying he won the presidency running on his ideas.
    Democracy was held and the most popular ideas won.
    Sure looks like that was what you were arguing.

Sure looks like that was what you were arguing.
    I was arguing that its disengenuis to promote over throwing a democratically elected leader simply because you don't like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was arguing that its disengenuis to promote over throwing a democratically elected leader simply because you don't like him.
    The electoral college is not a democratic institution, ergo he was not democratically elected since he was selected solely by the electoral college without a popular mandate. Nor is his removal necessary because "we don't like him" - it's because he's a criminal and a cancerous presence in American society.

And no, the only 'promises' Trump has kept were goals that the GOP in Congress would have forwarded anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The electoral college is not a democratic institution, ergo he was not democratically elected since he was selected solely by the electoral college without a popular mandate. Nor is his removal necessary because "we don't like him" - it's because he's a criminal and a cancerous presence in American society.

And no, the only 'promises' Trump has kept were goals that the GOP in Congress would have forwarded anyway.
    Well no.

We as a democracy decided to use the electoral college. As for the criminal part... forgive me if I am not holding my breath at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the obama-avatar-guy's attempt at an alt account?
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2018-05-24 at 11:44 AM.

It's surprising how people can't seem to grasp a simple fact: that democracy doesn't mean the minority group wins, as in the case with the electoral college.

- - - Updated - - -

Well no.

We as a democracy decided to use the electoral college. As for the criminal part... forgive me if I am not holding my breath at this point.
    So basically, a previously democratic nation chose to use an undemocratic method to decide who leads the nation.

It's sad you don't understand such a simple fact.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Hrm was this perhaps why Nunes is so transparently corrupt? Yes the story is unverified currently.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/busine...210912434.html
    Last edited by Glnger; 2018-05-24 at 11:49 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well no.

We as a democracy decided to use the electoral college.
    You mean the rich old white slaveowners who thought black people weren't people decided to use it.

As for the criminal part... forgive me if I am not holding my breath at this point.
    Violation of HIPAA is a felony. Trump's little "send a thug around to rifle through the files in his doctor's office" episode constitutes a HIPAA violation of a heinous degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Ultimately, investigations and legal cases proceed at their usual snail's pace.
    Again, when the person you're investigating is the president, and the crimes you're investigating him for are effectively "selling out america," there's time pressure. This really, really shouldn't be that hard to grasp. There's no deadline or anything like that, but there's definitely motivation to finish this as quickly as possible, even if that means plea deals that are very favorable to the accused. There is motivation in this case as there has only been in 2 previous cases. Nixon and Reagan. Watergate and Iran-Contra. Once Iran-Contra figured to not zero in on Reagan, the investigation lost a lot of steam (and indeed, plodded on through Bush1's presidency), but that's not remotely the case here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..