Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    That is not true either, nobody "comes from" apes or monkey or fish or anything.
    Humans and Ape shares the same ancestor, due to evolution, human and apes went different paths to adopt to the different environment. Human is no more a lineage of ape, then ape is a lineage of human.
    Not quite correct. Humans are taxonomicly considered to be great apes, as our species is within the family Hominidae, along with bonobos, orangutans, gorillas, and chimpanzees.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post

That sounds like a quote taken out of context.

Anyway it's stupid to even argue about this, the fact is that the show is cancelled regardless and that's ABC decision. They'll have to live with the consequences, good and bad.
    Here's your context:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseanne_Barr

Barr became outraged when she watched the first episode of Roseanne and noticed that in the credits, Williams was listed as creator.[14] She told Tanner Stransky of Entertainment Weekly, "We built the show around my actual life and my kids. The 'domestic goddess', the whole thing".[14]
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    What ever happened to having a backbone and not being such easily offended?
    Sorry, but when the ABC CEO is black, she wasn't going to take this racist shit. I guarantee if ABC would have kept the show, they wouldn't able to advertise anything besides shit for Daily Stormer, Q Anon, conspiracy bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Didn’t even know the Roseanne show was still going.
    It came back last year, was going to have a 2nd season, but Roseanne fucked it up after showing her true colors. Even though this isn't the first time she has been a racist cunt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keyblade01 View Post
    Joy Reid got a pass, Joy Behar gets a pass even though she said some of the most homophobic things I have ever seen. Kimmel, Colbert, George Soros all get a pass. Roseanne gets cancelled. It just goes the show that the only standard the left employs is the double standard.
    Yeah, I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about with all of these people but Roseanne.

Where did Joy Reid get a pass, Joy Behar, what did she say was homophobic? And for good measure you had to throw in a conspiracy theory with George Soros.

- - - Updated - - -

The media last week: MS-13 are people and have human dignity
    The media this week: Roseanne is an animal

- - - Updated - - -

Everything she said about Soros is true, he admits he was a Nazi collaborator in a 60 minutes interview. Describes it as "the happiest time of life". How is it a conspiracy when he admits it out of his own mouth??
    Yeah, no one has said that Roseanne is an animal in the media. She is a fucking Trump supporting cunt spreading conspiracy theories, no one has said this.

Also this Soros bullshit is false. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ge...-nazi-germany/

He was fucking 10 years old for fucks sake.

is there a link to the actual tweet?

It's not a racist tweet, and it's not a conspiracy theory though. Valerie Jarrett looks exactly like the character Roseanne said she does, regardless of the history of racism, you don't know Roseanne's intent or context. As far as Soros goes, he admitted himself in an interview that he conspired with the Nazis and he said it was "the happiest time of my life". He also said he didn't feel bad about it. How is it a conspiracy if it's completely true?
    Again, both Endus and I have shown you that you are lying, why am I not surprised you are still pushing that bullshit conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I don't think they're more discerning customers. Most just like to bitch. Really the only person to make cash from SJWs is Anita sarkeesian.

On to the NFL. That's pretty simple. People don't want to see a multi-millionaire act like an ungrateful child (even if he's allowed to). Roseanne on the other hand a few things can happen. 1. Backlash against ABC. 2. ABC told that since they fired Roseanne they need to hold others to the same standard. 3. Nothing, we'll see ABC might've been looking for a reason to can her. She might be a colossal bitch who knows.
    Say what you want about SJWs, at least it's a consistent pattern of behavior. You would expect someone who complains about everything to avoid spending money on stuff unless it precisely suits all of his criteria, whatever they may be. Right wingers complain about shit all the time too but still turn around and blindly support all of the things they supposedly hate, and then try to justify it to themselves by pointing at something else that is supposedly worse.

And I don't know how much money Anita Sarkeesian actually made, most people have pretty much forgotten about her by now. I am absolutely certain though that if she had taken the opposite position from the beginning, she'd be treated like a god by the Gamergate crowd and repeatedly cited on forums like this, like "oh how it be sexist if a GIRL is saying it too, are YOU sexist blah blah blah." Seriously, I hate the fact that even though I have spent pretty much no time ever thinking about gender studies or recognize any prominent people in that field, I still know who Christina Hoff fucking Sommers is.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Can we just delete Twitter now, very tired of it be the end all be all of news and what not.
    It wasn't Twitter's fault that Roseanne is a racist cunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a liberal, but lets be honest here. ABC is liberal. Roseanne was a conservative show. They were looking for an excuse to cancel this show since some of its episodes were a bit pro-Trump, or felt as such. She gave them the excuse they were looking for since the show had very high ratings, so they couldn't cancel it on those grounds. The same thing happened to Tim Allen's show when he said Hollywood was a liberal cabal. Why can't people have their opinions (racist or not) and we just leave it at that? We shouldn't allow social ideas/values to dictate business or government. When they get involved, we end up with reversed discrimination like Affirmative Action (race based, not merit based) and the other end of the spectrum like Apartheid. Both are awful. I detest Nazism (for example), as any decent person should, but people have the right and freedom of speech to do it - or at least they are suppose to in America. What's more scary to me then Roseanne's backward and terrible tweets is people being alright with her being silenced. That's not freedom of speech. In fact its 1984 Orwellian.
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 2018-05-30 at 06:10 AM.

Deleted
    'One RT favorite is Roseanne Barr, who was once one of the world’s most successful entertainers, but has turned in recent years to reality TV and extremist politics with a focus on chemtrails (a belief that commercial airlines are secretly spraying mind-altering chemicals), 9/11 truth, and opposition to banks and US imperialism. Marijuana legalization is one of her other key issues. Barr hosts a daily radio program/podcast, has an active Twitter presence and has run for US president twice. In fact, Roseanne announced her 2012 candidacy for president on RT’s Max Keiser Report. In that interview, Roseanne went on to attempt with some difficulty to do what no one else has done: to spell out the demands of Occupy Wall Street. She also joked at length with her host about executing bankers by beheading them, a common Max Keiser Report theme.

On March 28, 2013, having failed to be elected president, Barr was back on RT to argue that the US media maintains a profit-based, “hierarchal” (sic), “rape culture” based on keeping women as “slave labor.” She went on to discuss one of her favorite conspiracy theories: “MK Ultra mind control rules in Hollywood. If you don’t know what that is, google it.” (The “MK Ultra” program, in which the CIA tested mind-altering drugs on unwilling participants, was uncovered by New York Times reporter John Marks in 1973 and became the subject of hearings by the Church Committee in 1974. After its existence was revealed, it was ended in disgrace. Today, forty years later, it lives on only in the minds of those for whom Illuminati and reptilian shape-shifters don’t suffice as subjects of paranoid delusions. Whatever Roseanne Barr imagines is happening in Hollywood with respect to mind-control, MK Ultra has nothing to do with it.) Getting to the heart of the matter, Roseanne concludes her discussion of MK Ultra by claiming that she is the victim of blacklisting based on her revelations of these secrets; the people behind the CIA’s secret mind-control program have stopped her from getting acting roles.

In December, 2013, Roseanne again appeared on RT, this time to push for further investigation of conspiracies surrounding 9/11, which, she predictably connects to “MK Ultra mind-control.” Going on at length about this novel form of 9/11 trutherism, Barr implicates in the web of MK Ultra evil the Saudi royal family, the Bush family, the Rothschild family, the British royal family and the Vatican. She then answers those who’ve called her beliefs about this crazy by saying “intelligence looks like insanity to an imbecile.” She concludes the interview, after again complaining about being blacklisted from acting roles, by declaring her candidacy for US president in the 2016 election.'

Shes been a mental cunt for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post

He was fucking 10 years old for fucks sake.
    He was 14.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    We have a french canadian saying for stuff like. ''Se magasiner une claque sur la yeule'' (shopping for a sucker punch, getting out of your way to be in trouble). Did the actress NEEDED to say such a comment who would have an extremely obvious outcome ?
    Nice one.

We also have an equivalent in Hungarian - rázni a pofonfát translates as "shaking the suckerpunch tree".

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He was 14.
    He was 14 when Germany Surrendered. He was 9 when the war started. The SS had a minimum age requirement of 17 and an "Aryan Heritage" requirement...Neither of which Soros would have been able to meet.

Also, I don't know how you managed it...but somehow you quoted "Archmage VoidElf4Life" with something said by "Orbitus" in your reply.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    I'm a liberal, but lets be honest here. ABC is liberal. Roseanne was a conservative show. They were looking for an excuse to cancel this show since some of its episodes were a bit pro-Trump, or felt as such. She gave them the excuse they were looking for since the show had very high ratings, so they couldn't cancel it on those grounds. The same thing happened to Tim Allen's show when he said Hollywood was a liberal cabal. Why can't people have their opinions (racist or not) and we just leave it at that? We shouldn't allow social ideas/values to dictate business or government. When they get involved, we end up with reversed discrimination like Affirmative Action (race based, not merit based) and the other end of the spectrum like Apartheid. Both are awful. I detest Nazism (for example), as any decent person should, but people have the right and freedom of speech to do it - or at least they are suppose to in America. What's more scary to me then Roseanne's backward and terrible tweets is people being alright with her being silenced. That's not freedom of speech. In fact its 1984 Orwellian.
    This makes no sense. Why would ABC greenlight it in the first place if they just wanted to cancel it? Do you think they don't know exactly how a show is supposed to go and that they were caught off guard that there's a "pro-trump" message to some of the episodes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    This makes no sense. Why would ABC greenlight it in the first place if they just wanted to cancel it? Do you think they don't know exactly how a show is supposed to go and that they were caught off guard that there's a "pro-trump" message to some of the episodes?
    Are you unfamiliar with the term "buyers remorse"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, because of a key different in the ideology and mindset of liberals versus conservatives.

A liberal network will give a conservative show/personality a chance because liberalism is all about being open, accepting of other viewpoints and ideas at least to the point of letting them have their voice even if you don't agree with them. Before you quibble over semantics of course there are limits to that acceptance because, for example, Nazis have never had a good idea.

By contrast good luck getting your liberal viewpoint on a conservative platform at all, and if you do, good luck not being crowded out, shouted down or talked over. There is a clear double standard here because the conservative mindset is always driven by fear and ignorance.

TLDR; Roseanne Barr's timeslot was hers to lose, and all she had to do was not be racist. Some of us don't find it that hard.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you unfamiliar with the term "buyers remorse"?
    Following your logic ABC was caught off guard by the more conservative direction the show has taken. They weren't since they would have reviewed the scripts and greenlit them before production started. If they wanted to cancel it they would have canceled it before it got off the ground.

But many black people do look like apes, some even have such high level of melatonine that their sclera turns yellow-red and matching iris-sclera color is common among the apes. Even their hair are more like fur. Another good example would be aboriginal people who have strong ape like facial features.
    Interesting study: https://web.stanford.edu/~eberhard/d...otYetHuman.pdf
    Last edited by Fetus Rex; 2018-05-30 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He was 14.
    1939-1930=14?

Can you even math?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    In other words, any opinions that aren't liberal you are not allowed to have.
    What you call 'liberal opinions' is just basic human decency, that's why it's very easy for me and others to tell you that you are wrong. Don't try to disguise your insane views as opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    But many black people do look like apes, some even have such high level of melatonine that their sclera turns yellow-red and matching iris-sclera color is common among the apes. Even their hair are more like fur. Another good example would be aboriginal people who have strong ape like facial features.
    Interesting study: https://web.stanford.edu/~eberhard/d...otYetHuman.pdf
    I'm not sure if you never seen an ape in person or never seen a black person in person, because their hair so not more like fur at all.

Also the study is about racial bias, and not at all about what you try to claim. All the study is saying is that there are still people like you in the US.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?