Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

THis is just getting insulting: Ret mobility.

NPCs Paladins and Paladin/Paladin archetypes in other Blizzard games (like Yrel, who was just added to HOTS, Crusaders in HOTS/D3) have decent mobility through leaps, and after nearly 3 years of complaining about our awful mobility in WoW, we're still sitting here riding a horse that is easily disabled for a whole 3 seconds a minute.

I am so disappointed in the WoW class team right now... the HOTS devs get it, the D3 devs get it, even the quest/NPC WoW devs get it, why can't the WoW class devs get on the same damn page?
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-06-04 at 07:15 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your right for Paladin mobility ends with my right for a balanced game. My poor priest would be DECIMATED by winged paladins like Yrel, jumping obstacles to smite my unholy face!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Your right for Paladin mobility ends with my right for a balanced game. My poor priest would be DECIMATED by winged paladins like Yrel, jumping obstacles to smite my unholy face!
    Increased mobility would obviously be taken into account while balancing their damage, don't be obtuse.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    NPCs Paladins and Paladin/Paladin archetypes in other Blizzard games (like Yrel, who was just added to HOTS, Crusaders in HOTS/D3) have decent mobility through leaps, and after nearly 3 years of complaining about our awful mobility in WoW, we're still sitting here riding a horse that is easily disabled for a whole 3 seconds a minute.

I am so disappointed in the WoW class team right now... the HOTS devs get it, the D3 devs get it, even the quest/NPC WoW devs get it, why can't the WoW class devs get on the same damn page?
    We're losing a lot of mobility in BfA. Divine Steed cooldown is approximately double, and we're losing Aggramar's Stride. Meanwhile, DKs have the worst mobility of nearly any class(priests have pretty bad mobility, too).

5+ Year Old Account
    Seems OP didnt get that wow-paladin balanced around (GOOD DAMAGE,GOOD, SUSTAIN,BAD MOBILITY), if they gona add leap,gap closer to paladins - PVP gona become nightmare of lightbound KILLers who leap from the sky to punish you.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    We're losing a lot of mobility in BfA. Divine Steed cooldown is approximately double, and we're losing Aggramar's Stride. Meanwhile, DKs have the worst mobility of nearly any class(priests have pretty bad mobility, too).
    DKs and priests are at least properly functional with low mobility... Priests don't need to be on top of someone to apply their damage or healing, and DKs have the strongest gap closer in the game to bring their targets to them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Increased mobility would obviously be taken into account while balancing their damage, don't be obtuse.
    On the following week you would be making a thread called "This is just getting insulting: Ret damage".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Seems OP didnt get that wow-paladin balanced around (GOOD DAMAGE,GOOD, SUSTAIN,BAD MOBILITY), if they gona add leap,gap closer to paladins - PVP gona become nightmare of lightbound KILLers who leap from the sky to punish you.

Learn to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    On the following week you would be making a thread called "This is just getting insulting: Ret damage".
    No, I wouldn't, because I'm not a fucking idiot.

Ret mobility is fine considering everything else in their arsenal. The problem is with the classes who have over-the-top mobility. I'd rather see their mobility nerfed than Ret mobility buffed.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I wouldn't ask for snap mobility, then you are just a warrior. But a means for consistent mobility was a defining mechanic for the spec for a decade until they fucked with it. With the old pursuit of justice and judgement of justice, emancipate, justice seal with empowered seals, double HoF with Clemency, etc. We tired out in a sprint but we could definitely finish the marathon. Now we can't do either.

For some reason this new dev team seems obsessed with repeating mistakes that were already fixed.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Ret mobility is fine considering everything else in their arsenal. The problem is with the classes who have over-the-top mobility. I'd rather see their mobility nerfed than Ret mobility buffed.
    what is more easier and logical:
    a) bring a single class up to speed or
    b) nerf all other classes
    ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Ret mobility is fine considering everything else in their arsenal.
    No it's not, there is no point in dealing high damage if almost everyone in the game can easily avoid you. No other class in the game requires others to hold targets down for them just so they can perform their most basic function properly. I would happily trade damage for mobility.

The problem is with the classes who have over-the-top mobility. I'd rather see their mobility nerfed than Ret mobility buffed.
    Problem is Ret doesn't just have a problem with the couple classes that have over the top mobility... Basically every class in the game aside from Priests, DKs, and Warlocks can simply decide not to fight us if they don't want to and there is nothing we can do about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    what is more easier and logical:
    a) bring a single class up to speed or
    b) nerf all other classes
    ?
    Also this.

Deleted
    DKs and priests are at least properly functional with low mobility... Priests don't need to be on top of someone to apply their damage or healing, and DKs have the strongest gap closer in the game to bring their targets to them.
    Rets are in the top ten specs for 2v2/3v3 and RBG. Not properly functional my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Rets are in the top ten specs for 2v2/3v3 and RBG. Not properly functional my ass.
    No other class in the game requires others to hold targets down for them just so they can perform their most basic function properly.

If I require a DK to bring targets to me (what Ret requires in RBGs and arenas) it's not properly functional, it also horrendously limits their viable comps. No other class requires hand holding just to apply damage effectively, Ret shouldn't either.

Stop talking.

Screw balance, 'uh?

That'd would make for a very fun game. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Screw balance, 'uh?

You people really should learn to read at least the first few replies of a thread before posting.

This game is not designed for solo content. Ret have a pretty good panel of tools for mobility (x2 steed, freedom and every bubble they can cast if they need to). If you can't connect with your target find a better mate. And if he's not the problem, you are. You're not even the worst class in term of mobility, that's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Screw balance, 'uh?

its only feels balanced to classes who have complete control of others.

I love people trying to be a smart ass commenting on ret damage.
    It's clear that damage should be nerfed in favour of mobility/utility.

Just because ret is good in a sense of damage doesn't make it fun to play because we spent most of the game immobile (depends on classes you face).

Yup, when I think paladin archetype, I think high mobility.

Lol.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.