Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Im surprised they seem to have assumed Andrew Lincoln was such a given tbh. He's been talking about leaving for like 4 seasons and the guy loves chandler riggs. That was probably the final straw tbh

I was actually speculating earlier with a friend that maybe they die because of the coup Maggie seems to have been planning. Things escalate and Rick dies as well as Maggie? Because they only have 6 episodes with those 2 so either nothing comes of that plot or they die somehow during it.
    just feels like the source material has been officially thrown out the window. characters always got swapped around and we got filler arcs but it was still mostly following the same beats.

ill keep watching to see how it plays out but i wont consider it the walking dead once rick is gone.

for me the walking dead was always about rick training carl to be the 2nd generation of the world.

no negan and carl arc, no rick rebuilding society. im guessing the only connection to the source material will be people wearing zombie skin whenever the whisperers show up
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Carol like daryl has had a rubbish last few seasons, granted I didn't watch the end of the last one... They're better off just not bothering and finishing it. Daryl as a lead does not interest me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You know what they kinda win now.

I have a slight interest in seeing how they kill off Andrew Lincoln(Rick) so I may watch it LOL. I went from a 100% nope not watching it to a 25% maybe I will watch it.
    I still have 0 interest in it, they've had their chance but it's been such garbage that I've had enough. Just going to watch Rick's death/exit scene or w/e on YouTube or read about it when it comes out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Yeah, they probably killed off Carl assuming Lincoln would definitely renew his contract and now that he hasn't they're fucked.
    Pretty much.

Lincoln was a good friend with Chandler, and the way Chandler was fired in the end was just insulting. No doubt Lincoln took that into consideration as well.
    With Rick and Carl gone, TWD is dead from source material point of view.

They might try to sell Daryl as main person, but he is honestly a lousy actor and a boring character. He pretty much just grunts all the time, nothing more.

Deleted
    Oh man, when you thought the show couldn't get any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Oh man, when you thought the show couldn't get any worse.
    What are you talking about this show rocks!

Michonne could be the lead. Just saying, she makes perfect sense. She's not as volatile as Carol, whos breaking and rebuilding every 2 episodes for the past 2 seasons, or Daryl, whos a one-dimensional grumpy Rambo with his loyalty towards the group being his only redeeming quality. Michonne is an emotionally strong, established character that resembles Rick from the older seasons. Her coming to terms with Rick and Coral's deaths and setting herself up as the new leader of Alexandria (she was already a co-leader, anyway) could make a good arc for making her the new lead. She's definitely more fitting for the lead role than any other existing character, since she would combine Rick's willingness to kill anyone she deems a threat to her group, but would have in mind Coral's compassion before his death. That's unless she also considers quitting, which I don't know. She could at least carry the show before they establish or develop a new character to take over. Still, this would all require good writing, which the current writers seem incapable of, so that's strictly theoretical. Most likely the show will tumble along and continue getting worse and worse before they kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Michonne could be the lead. Just saying, she makes perfect sense. She's not as volatile as Carol, whos breaking and rebuilding every 2 episodes for the past 2 seasons, or Daryl, whos a one-dimensional grumpy Rambo with his loyalty towards the group being his only redeeming quality. Michonne is an emotionally strong, established character that resembles Rick from the older seasons. Her coming to terms with Rick and Coral's deaths and setting herself up as the new leader of Alexandria (she was already a co-leader, anyway) could make a good arc for making her the new lead. She's definitely more fitting for the lead role than any other existing character, since she would combine Rick's willingness to kill anyone she deems a threat to her group, but would have in mind Coral's compassion before his death. That's unless she also considers quitting, which I don't know. She could at least carry the show before they establish or develop a new character to take over. Still, this would all require good writing, which the current writers seem incapable of, so that's strictly theoretical. Most likely the show will tumble along and continue getting worse and worse before they kill it.
    Michonne is too busy saving wakanda to be lead they'll probably lose her too
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Rick, Maggie and Carl leaving, might as well have had Negan win.

Andrew leaving? Good. Hes too good actor for this shit that TWD become in last 2-3 seasons. Without Lincoln (Rick) TWD will died out pretty quick. Or Negan take the lead and it will become even worse.

I would be surprised if his character don't die and instead just walks away like Morgan did in last season.
    Last edited by Wildstars; 2018-06-04 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    Andrew leaving? Good. Hes too good actor for this shit that TWD become in last 2-3 seasons. Without Lincoln (Rick) TWD will died out pretty quick. Or Negan take the lead and it will become even worse.

I would be surprised if his character don't die and instead just walks away like Morgan did in last season.
    And now it is confirmed that Lauren Cohen is leaving after Season 9 too. I think killing off Coral really destroyed moral in the crew. Gimple REALLY f**ked this show good. Though, it needed to hit the end road anyway. 9 seasons is a good nuff run

Looks like a time hop and a rebranding of the show. Judith + Maggie's baby lead a group with Daryl as the older mentor?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Looks like a time hop and a rebranding of the show. Judith + Maggie's baby lead a group with Daryl as the older mentor?
    AMC are cash grabby enough to try out that awful idea

have judith take carls place and negan tries to take her under his wing. could even have it be that judith talks to negan to learn more about her dad and brother

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    have judith take carls place and negan tries to take her under his wing. could even have it be that judith talks to negan to learn more about her dad and brother
    Then it's revealed Judith really IS Shane's baby and gets an education from Negan, turning her into the ultimate zombie AND Human killing machine. She cuts a path across the united states, with Lucille and Maggie's baby. The Stalking Dead. Coming this Fall.

Then it's revealed Judith really IS Shane's baby and gets an education from Negan, turning her into the ultimate zombie AND Human killing machine. She cuts a path across the united states, with Lucille and Maggie's baby. The Stalking Dead. Coming this Fall.
    Played by a shaved head Charlize Theron that constantly rubs her head like shane.

make it so!

M'ASK YA SOMETHIN NEGAN /rubs head

Thankfully this can't happen since there is only now 4 people in the show that could tell her shes shane's child and I think two of those may not even know.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thankfully this can't happen since there is only now 4 people in the show that could tell her shes shane's child and I think two of those may not even know.
    Oh it could totally happen. It doesn't have to be spelled out within the show, but the audience will know.

Oh it could totally happen. It doesn't have to be spelled out within the show, but the audience will know.
    Urgggggg.

Valid point sadly.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD