Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is it possible to get Rank 14 without a "pvp cartel"

Hello,

I'm planning on getting rank 14 on Classic WoW on Blizzard servers. I'm an hardcore gamer and polyphasic sleeper (I sleep 2 hours a day), so I guess i'll be able to play 21+ hours a day for weeks. I'm also good at pvp i used to be gladiator in wotlk .

My problem is that i read it's impossible to get rank 14 without a "pvp cartel" or a pvp guild call it as you want. I've heard they have the ladder control and they decide who's gonna be the next rank 14. How is this even possible? So my question is the following one : is this possible to be rank 14 alone? (considering I'll be playing 21+ hours a day while these guys will play more like 16h a day but in premade) I want to do this as a warrior, my favorite class.

Another concern is : will I get banned for "account sharing" ? I can imagine the other competitors for R14 will get mad at me when they will notice i'm logged-in almost 24/7, so they might report me for account sharing.
    So do you know when do Blizzard consider you're account sharing? Excessively high play time? Multiple IP ?

Excuse my bad english it's not my native language.

Slasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher96 View Post
    Hello,

I'm planning on getting rank 14 on Classic WoW on Blizzard servers. I'm an hardcore gamer and polyphasic sleeper (I sleep 2 hours a day), so I guess i'll be able to play 21+ hours a day for weeks. I'm also good at pvp i used to be gladiator in wotlk .

My problem is that i read it's impossible to get rank 14 without a "pvp cartel" or a pvp guild call it as you want. I've heard they have the ladder control and they decide who's gonna be the next rank 14. How is this even possible? So my question is the following one : is this possible to be rank 14 alone? (considering I'll be playing 21+ hours a day while these guys will play more like 16h a day but in premade) I want to do this as a warrior, my favorite class.

Another concern is : will I get banned for "account sharing" ? I can imagine the other competitors for R14 will get mad at me when they will notice i'm logged-in almost 24/7, so they might report me for account sharing.
    So do you know when do Blizzard consider you're account sharing? Excessively high play time? Multiple IP ?

Slasher.
    Yes you can get banned for account sharing if they can prove it or you get frequent reports on it. The PVP "cartel" on laughing skull was ruthless for this, if there was someone who was trying to jump line in the order they would spam report for account sharing to get them a 24 or 72 hour suspension. They have never been clear on what the criteria is for the bans but I have seen emails on these bans where they show that someone logged on in California then in Canada 10 minutes later which is clearly not possible other than by using a proxy.
    Since it is determined by who has the most honor, they set honor limits on players so that they can set the ladder. If a player goes above their honor point significantly they will group PVP to make sure they get more honor since a group of 10 can win a WSG in 7-10 minutes, they also were notorious for DDOSing and in some cases getting horde to gank you while you were waiting for queues so you could not requeue/ take the queue. Also as a warrior they were PVP monsters but only if you could find a pocket healer, without a healer you were easy pickings.
    I have seen someone go from rank 13 to 11 because they tried to jump the line.
    I personally had a rank 13 and rank 12 characters at different times in Vanilla.

Hello,

Slasher.
    They will simply notice you are online 24/7, they will whine to a GM if you are hindering their progress and you will get banned.

Back in 2005 the manpower of GMs and importance of tickets with how buggy the game was, account sharing wasnt allowed, but only major major cases were looked at which is why the majority got away with it.

In 2018, it will take less than 1h to get you banned ;p

Also, the "PvP cartel" as you call it, is needed for winning,if you dont win your honor gain will be less than theirs, aka you will never have a chance.

Dont forget, who gets what was looked at with honor gain, nothing else, compared to the rest of the server at least.

So if PvP cartel thats gonna get Rank 14 has 1.2mil honor for that week, good luck outfarming him.

Hello,

Slasher.

Before making stuff up, read first:
    "iphasic sleep is the practice of sleeping during two periods over 24 hours, while polyphasic sleep refers to sleeping multiple times – usually more than two."

You just both said you sleep multiple times a day and also just once a day for two hours. Are you pre-admitting to account sharing?

10+ Year Old Account
    In short, essentially no.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Pretty much no. But you can have allot of fun if you can actually play 21+ hours a day. You will see allot of rage coming your way, make sure to report everyone spouting profanities at you.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    Thank you for your answers, so to resume :
    -I can get DDOS'd
    => About that i can't do anything, I guess? I doubt a GM can help me about that..

-I can get banned for "account sharing" even if i'm not ..and that would be really sad to say the least.
    => What if I can explain to the GM i'm actually a polyphasic sleeper to justify my high play time (i nap 20 min every 4 hours so he could verify it on logs)

-I can get camped so i can't join BG
    => It sounds annoying but once they killed me i can remain on ghost form until BG pops? So i revive and join the BG instantly, problem solved.

The real problem is as you said : even if i play 21h+ a day i can't get more honor than theses guys with 100% win rate in WSG (and winning in 7-10 min by the way..)

Looks like I'll have to be part of theses crap cartels if I want my rank 14..

Thank you for your answers, so to resume :
    -I can get DDOS'd
    => About that i can't do anything, I guess? I doubt a GM can help me about that..

-I can get banned for "account sharing" even if i'm not ..and that would be really sad to say the least.
    => What if I can explain to the GM i'm actually a polyphasic sleeper to justify my high play time (i nap 20 min every 4 hours so he could verify it on logs)

=> It sounds annoying but once they killed me i can remain on ghost form until BG pops? So i revive and join the BG instantly, problem solved.

The real problem is as you said : even if i play 21h+ a day i can't get more honor than theses guys with 100% win rate in WSG (and winning in 7-10 min by the way..)

In vanilla there is no queue from the LFG tool, you had to walk to the BG and queue from the battle master at the instance or by walking into the bg portal. They would camp you before you could get in the queue. I know I witnessed it. They would leave everyone alone and just target you. MC you away from the battlemasters when you get out and kite you away from the portal and kill you there. I have watched them keep one guy out for over an hour. If you are not account sharing you are not likely to have issues with that as they have better tech now. But yes you would be able to get to rank 12 or 13 without the group but the group will most always win for 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Before making stuff up, read first:
    "iphasic sleep is the practice of sleeping during two periods over 24 hours, while polyphasic sleep refers to sleeping multiple times – usually more than two."

You just both said you sleep multiple times a day and also just once a day for two hours. Are you pre-admitting to account sharing?
    Typical polyphasic sleep multiple times a day for ~15 minutes at a time... I don't see how you drew your conclusion from what he posted. Nowhere did he state anything that contradicts himself

Why do you want rank 14? With decay, you don't keep the title. Raiding gear is superior. There will be no record of it unless they add achievements to classic. I went for rank 14 because I guessed they would do SOMETHING to permanently reward players, and they did by making the title permanent in Burning Crusade. But there's no reason to expect a repeat of that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

-I can get DDOS'd
    No, you can't. It's impossible for someone to find your IP address unless you post it somewhere.

No, bans do not go out until after a GM reviews the report. Vanilla does not have any "auto ban after certain amount of reports" system like modern games do.

GM will not ban you for playing for a long time. If someone reported you, GM would just look at your logs and see that you're only connecting from one IP address, and as far as they can see, that means just one person playing. Unless you openly say "yeah I'm account sharing" within the game, you're safe.

Yes, you can be in BG queue even in ghost form. But the entrances to battlegrounds are heavily guarded by elite NPCs, so...yeah

Why the shit do you even ask us if you're already convinced of your own answer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Why do you want rank 14? With decay, you don't keep the title.
    But you do keep the weapons, and you become known around the server as one of the few players that reached max rank.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a friend who got rank 14 on multiple chars in vanilla, a shaman and a lock. He slept more than 2 hours a night, so yeah it should be possible.

Deleted
    I was not already convinced of my own answer, i concluded that with some maths considering your answers :
    Let's assume I always play with a solid pocket healer and so I can win let's say 2/3 of my BG so
    => 21h*2/3=14h of winning

Against me others guys will be on 100% winrate playing at least 14h a day
    => so 14h*1=14h of winning right

and that is right only if they play "only" 14h a day and they do the same amount of BG (but in fact they will win a LOT faster in 10 guys premade)

Let's be clear I don't stand a chance alone.

Since rank14 is only a weapon and I'll be able to get a better one in AQ according to my research (I just realised C'Thun axe is like 100 times better than R14 weapon)
    I'll probably grind for R13 for the pvp gear then I'll start farming PVE content for weapon necklace trinket etc..

Of course some guys did it but they probably were lucky to play on a server with low competition for R14..I want to play on the best pvp server so I'll have to deal with most ruthless PVP cartels I guess.

It depends a lot from the Server, class and time you go for it (not to mention Patch Level). Depending how fast you level, how many people on the server will go for it straight-away and how Blizzard will implement the whole Classic "experience".
    I knew few R14 who solo grinded it all the way, few that I have helped (with our PvE guild - we cycled including our 60 alts obviously to not make it harder on him) a bit.
    One of them (mage) hit R14 very early in the game by sitting in AV all the time.
    Usually the entire grouping starts approx rank 12-13 to get to that 14.

I must say that despite how "shitty" grind of this was, I actually liked the old Ranking system.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you manage to find a friend who can play during your sleep time then r14 will be very easy to get. You just have to get 100% 24/7 uptime.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Why do you want rank 14? With decay, you don't keep the title. Raiding gear is superior. There will be no record of it unless they add achievements to classic. I went for rank 14 because I guessed they would do SOMETHING to permanently reward players, and they did by making the title permanent in Burning Crusade. But there's no reason to expect a repeat of that.
    Permanent reward was the weapons

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Typical polyphasic sleep multiple times a day for ~15 minutes at a time... I don't see how you drew your conclusion from what he posted. Nowhere did he state anything that contradicts himself
    Man, that would be impossible for me. It takes me forever to get to sleep... I can't imagine sleeping for such a short amount of time multiple times a day. I'd spend half the day trying to get to sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    No, you can't. It's impossible for someone to find your IP address unless you post it somewhere.
    If you connect to discord, mumble, skype or any forum posts that are run by any outside source you can get it. It is easier than you think.

No, bans do not go out until after a GM reviews the report. Vanilla does not have any "auto ban after certain amount of reports" system like modern games do.

GM will not ban you for playing for a long time. If someone reported you, GM would just look at your logs and see that you're only connecting from one IP address, and as far as they can see, that means just one person playing. Unless you openly say "yeah I'm account sharing" within the game, you're safe.
    It is classic no vanilla, they autoban system will carry over to this incarnation. Auto-ticket handling is lowers costs, you will see the all of the BNET features from Live in Classic. It saves money.

Yes, you can be in BG queue even in ghost form. But the entrances to battlegrounds are heavily guarded by elite NPCs, so...yeah
    It was easy to kill them before they got there, and those elites were not that scary. it was only bad once they added dishonorable kills in

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Man, that would be impossible for me. It takes me forever to get to sleep... I can't imagine sleeping for such a short amount of time multiple times a day. I'd spend half the day trying to get to sleep!
    It is one of those things that once you get in the habit of it you actually fall asleep quickly because your body is programmed for it. it is actually worse when you miss a nap though. I did it while in university for a while(I would catch the 20 minute nap during my lunch)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    I think he was implying that '2 hours a day' implied 1 sleep session per day. Polyphasic, literally by definition, is multiple.

That said, polyphasic is definitely not 15 minutes. 15 is not typical in... any sleep cycle. So basically you're incorrect, and so is he because polyphasic both isn't 2 hours a day, nor is it 15 minute intervals for 2 hours a day.

Basically it's just a statement of "Look at me, I'm a hardcore gamer because I can post that I play games a lot"

Either way, he's account sharing if the character is active 21 hours a day for extended periods. End of biological line.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab