Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Tanks have 150k hp, explain to me what good you think a 360 hp sheild, or even a 4700hp sheild will do for you. 23 dmg reflection aura? 23? We have a stat squish yes, but 23 damage is literally nothing and 81 armor is nothing. Sigil one seems ok if the Agility number is acceptable. So you are 1 for 4 with traits and the one is only MAYBE ok. This post literally proved my point.

You might consider them more interesting than some tank set bonuses, but are they more, or even equally as, interesting as set bonuses, legendary affects, and artifact traits all together? The answer is no, not even close, and that is what they are supposed to be replacing.
    These are base values, they grow a lot with ilvl. When I look at Azerite traits at proper ilvl throughput ones have equal to more effect than Legion Legendaries have.

As for state of Beta, it's nothing new - in Legion Beta we had more than plenty features broken or half complete at the very same point of time.

Class campaigns, for example, were half-broken very deep in Beta to the point where you could not progress even the initial quest line unlocking the Order Hall. Result? One of the best launches in WoW history.

Its going to be Wod 2.0 they will launch but end up cutting a bunch of content because of time constrraints and " could not get it it to work" . BFA is a filler expasnion any way. At least we will see a bunch of these Devs who suck ( Lore and Ion) leave . Thats my prediction any way. Will fail worse then WOD, and a bunch of Devs get fired.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I didn't say they were content, I said they were content drivers. It gave people a reason to do content again, thus making content last longer and the reason why people would continue to run instances (content) raids (content) WQ's (content) PvP (content) M+ (content).
    Yes but the comment you replied to, which replied to me, was based on people who stated that legendaries were content. And that BFA has less content than Legion, because there's no more legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Class campaigns, for example, were half-broken very deep in Beta to the point where you could not progress even the initial quest line unlocking the Order Hall.
    This is wildly innaccurate. Legion beta 2 months before release people were farming M+. Campaigns weren't broken this late either, some of them were simply locked behind Suramar dungeons which very few people could even run due to very few people going through the unlock process on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Sigh, If you don't even know what the term placeholder means then this whole conversation is meaningless, I'm done with you.
    I'm aware of what placeholder is, I'm telling you that these aren't placeholder, they are just shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't seriously think the numbers are final do you? The first one gives 0 agility. They are always placeholder until everything is finalized. It's like that every single patch, even with the past tier sets.

Focus on the concepts of the traits rather than the numbers displayed on them.
    Unless the numbers increase drastically, though, their point remains. Yay, you have a shield for 4% of your hp vs 2%... it's still pretty trivial. The other argument against these is that they're pretty boring being passives and they don't really alter how you'll play all that much. Some of that is fine. It's the complete absence of active, play affecting traits that has some people annoyed.

Put it this way - one of the biggest arguments against the old talent system is that many of the points were boring and passive. Click... you have 1% more of $stat!. This is basically the same thing, so the same arguments apply.

We keep seeing content updates to Boralus, which makes me wonder if Dazar'alor is as rich in flavor.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Yes but the comment you replied to, which replied to me, was based on people who stated that legendaries were content. And that BFA has less content than Legion, because there's no more legendaries.
    Lego's and AP made content viable the entire expansion, anything had the chance of reward.

What happens when you remove the reward from content?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't seriously think the numbers are final do you? The first one gives 0 agility. They are always placeholder until everything is finalized. It's like that every single patch, even with the past tier sets.

Focus on the concepts of the traits rather than the numbers displayed on them.
    Careful. Logic like that will get you labeled a white knight rushing to Blizzards defense.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are going to just sit here and say GUYS ITS FINE THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE SWEEPING BUFFS TO ALL AZERITE TRAITS RIGHT BEFORE LAUNCH, more power to you.
    That is not what is being said. You can't whine about him using an extreme argument while using one yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

This is wildly innaccurate. Legion beta 2 months before release people were farming M+. Campaigns weren't broken this late either, some of them were simply locked behind Suramar dungeons which very few people could even run due to very few people going through the unlock process on beta.
    They had first week hotfixes to fix several campaign issues for people. This post, https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...8955043#post-3 , indicates the problem existed in beta. Seriously take off the rose tinted glasses.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The other problem i see with BfA is current year politics. They went overboard with female characters. Lightforged? Female leader. Void Elves? Female Leader. Highmountain? Female leader. Nightborne? Female leader. Mag'har? Female leader. Dark Iron? Probably Moira so female leader. Zandalari? Female leader. Kul'tiran? Female leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little bit. Feral sucks a big fat one right now.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Lego's and AP made content viable the entire expansion, anything had the chance of reward.

What happens when you remove the reward from content?
    The reward isn't getting removed though? We have AP 2.0, (AP was the reason for MoS spam btw, not legendaries)

Like that reasoning would be great, if they weren't adding in rewards. The only questionable things we might not want to do as much anymore, is old raids (which is a good thing) and emissarys.

The reward isn't getting removed though? We have AP 2.0, (AP was the reason for MoS spam btw, not legendaries)

Like that reasoning would be great, if they weren't adding in rewards. The only questionable things we might not want to do as much anymore, is old raids (which is a good thing) and emissarys.
    AP 2.0 isn't much of a reward, once your AP is capped on x.y.z what will push people back into that content?

AP 2.0 isn't much of a reward, once your AP is capped on x.y.z what will push people back into that content?
    All the content you mentioned except emissarys and old raids? The gear upgrades?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Careful. Logic like that will get you labeled a white knight rushing to Blizzards defense.
    and it should because it's an argument based on the faith that the real numbers will be good. It's also ignoring that they're still passives, not interesting abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    It's gonna be playable and mostly error free, no worries. However I worry about lower replayability due to missing legendaries.
    I want badge vendor back honestly.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

All the content you mentioned except emissarys and old raids? The gear upgrades?
    AP 1.0 was a huge grind (content driver) 2.0 isn't.

BiS lego's was a huge grind (content driver) No lego's no no need to do old content (requires new content constantly)

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I'm worried about balance, no doubt it will be a patchwerk of tweaks ending up in a mess as usual.
    After all there has never been an even remotely balanced launch, it will all be crap for the first 2 months.
    Raid is not opening until sept 5th, they are probably leaving balance for those 3 weeks based on numbers from live.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    and it should because it's an argument based on the faith that the real numbers will be good. It's also ignoring that they're still passives, not interesting abilities
    Except it isn't an argument based on the faith the numbers will be good. It is an argument based on these numbers not being final yet. That also has nothing to do with them being passives or not. It is solely about the numbers of the abilities. That argument was not about them being active vs passive abilities. Azerite traits are not meant to be Artifact traits. They are not being designed with the same impact.

Stop white knighting the haters.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    On topic... I don't see the point in worrying. If you pre-ordered you've spent the money. If you haven't and you're not sure about BfA, you can wait and see what live looks like. If you haven't but might want to play launch day... you can download the digital edition the day it launches so you have until then to decide.

It's not like worrying is going to change things

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Right now we are 2 months from the release date of the expansion, and not only is there missing expansion features, incomplete quests and reward structures, but also some classes are still going through heavy mechanical redesigns.

It seems really behind in development compared to where Legion was at this stage of it's beta cycle. At this point I'd expect the product to be pretty much complete with a good 2 months focused on polish, deep feature testing, balancing and bug fixing. Yet here they are with major features missing, and asking us to test systems that you can't even access/complete properly on beta (Azerite traits I'm looking at you - they ask us to test them yet we can't even get them since there is no AP research available yet), if I was Blizzard I would be really sweating at this point.

Do you think they pushed the release date forward and committed to a schedule they are going to struggle to meet just for the sake of keeping players a bit happier? I feel like they need a good 4 months more of beta judging by it's current state and pace of progress - I've been playing it for over a month and honestly can't say much has changed apart from being able to actually complete the main story arcs of each zone now. Very few Azerite traits are actually playable, most are so undertuned they are barely worth clicking, dungeons are horribly balanced, Mythic+ isn't even available, no word on the new affixes (a datamined single name doesn't count) and one of the main features (island expeditions) currently feels like an extremely ghetto version of MoP scenarios that doesn't even have it's own interface.

I'm worried they are going to really struggle to meet this release date in a playable fashion.
    Let's see, azerite traits are not playable? Easy fix, can take literally one day for them to fix it. Dungeons are horribly balanced? Just numbers, another 1 day fix. M+ isn't even available? Who cares, they will make adjustments if something is stupidly difficult, (see CoEN at launch). New affixes? Literally a week of dev time, if they haven't though of new affixes, is enough, hell maybe less. Isles? They look pretty fine to me. If you don't like this 'ghetto' feature, then gtfo or play some other type of content, Pet Battles aren't for everyone for example.

So basically you just pointed out tiny things, and act as if the world will end in typical average Mmo-champion brainlet fashion.