Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Right, but is that really a reason to go out there completely nude? I've provided countless examples of night elves who wear full-covering armor and even heavier looking plate armor in the lore, and even fan-made concepts that look so natural and work well with the race. I don't think there's anything in Night Elf lore particularly regarding wearing little amounts of clothing.
    I don't think there's anything in particular to suggest they need to wear more either. The small amount of clothing suits the traditional, more savage and wild themes of the Night Elves better. Armor should be reserved for more fortified, specialized units if for no other reason than it inhibits ease of movement through forested environments and their natural stealth abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    or it is elven Armor.. not female armor. You might belive that all Light clothes is for women, but, it could just be Night elf armor.
    No... It's female armor. It's very clear. Males don't wear clothes like that and if you ever watched the cinematic for Classic WoW, that's where it's from. They would have never given that to a guy, if it was a male in the cinematic.

The armor fits the war3 and vanilla WoW concept of night elf, but they are not in their natural environment at that moment, they're doing a siege battle, wearing this amount of cloth is borderline suicide.
    I like and wish to obtain this set, but this scenario is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    The armor fits the war3 and vanilla WoW concept of night elf, but they are not in their natural environment at that moment, they're doing a siege battle, wearing this amount of cloth is borderline suicide.
    I like and wish to obtain this set, but this scenario is just ridiculous.
    It's ok when orcs do it KEK, I know you are 12 years old but, its a fantasy game, where you fight along side space goats gnomes against half naked horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Right, but is that really a reason to go out there into battle completely nude? I mean especially when I've provided countless examples of night elves who wear full-covering armor and even heavier looking plate armor in the lore, and even fan-made concepts that still look so natural and work really well with the race. I don't think there's anything in Night Elf lore particularly regarding wearing little amounts of clothing though.
    In the woods when you're running through the trees trying to be quiet as possible, I see nothing wrong with that armor. On a regular battlefield? Yeah it would probably be smarter to wear more armor. Also, I never said their lore demands they be naked, just that they have different levels of maturity and a different type of morality. From the various bits of artwork and in game models I've seen, skin isn't a taboo for them like it is with human society.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Love both versions. It's amazing!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Not the same at all. It's about the males wearing female outfit.
    Since when was this normal for NE males?? It's just the typical blizzard approach, always overdo things people want.
    No1 ever asked for female outfit's to NE males, but just asked for blizzard to take night elves back to the roots.

It does look good on the female model.
    Ohhh nooo he's showing leg skin, must be a woman's clothes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyalona View Post
    Men dressing like females look shit.
    This makes you an enemy of freedom and democracy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Male night elves dressed up like their female counterparts. Looks funny and odd. Male night elves aren't part of the sentinel army and should therefor not be outfitted with their armor. The males in night elve society have been known to use a completely different type of dresscode within which even a bare-chested "outfit" makes more sense than this.
    After Third War Sentinels started accepting males in their ranks due to high casualties after fight with Burning Legion. In Cataclysm Sentinels even recruited some Worgens. But I do agree male version is feels wrong. In my opinion they should wear something similar to Ravencrest armor.

If only they brought back the orignal character models, that would be rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    It's ok when orcs do it KEK, I know you are 12 years old but, its a fantasy game, where you fight along side space goats gnomes against half naked horde.
    lol I'm 24, what does age have to do with any of these anyway?
    As for the orcs, their modern armor tend to be heavy and protects most of the body compare to their traditional, half naked ones.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Classic Night elf look finally shows up and people whine that its too skimpy. just shut up.
    So much this
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Classic Night elf look finally shows up and people whine that its too skimpy. just shut up.
    Agreed--I'm just glad they get something that highlights their aesthetic and looks good. Hope to rock it on my elves someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    Well Im very happy for females. On the other side, males look strange, that thing between his legs, hmm, maybe full kilt would look better
    + back in WC3 males looked buffed and fully clothed

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
    Well Im very happy for females. On the other side, males look strange, that thing between his legs, hmm, maybe full kilt would look better
    + back in WC3 males looked buffed and fully clothed
    Because druids, not archers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because druids, not archers.
    Well IMO to have certain genders for certain roles should be part of night elven culture I still cannot see female druids/male priests/male sentinels

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Agreed. I see no reason why we can't have both.

Where is this set from? Is it NPC-only, or some creative fan-work?

I would have this set on my warrior 24/7, maybe with a more open helmet, but still it’s a cool mixture between night elf aesthetic (The whole “mobility over coverage”-thing) and still looking like plate armour...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Where is this set from? Is it NPC-only, or some creative fan-work?
    its huntress kasparians armor, the nelf boss from ToS.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    This is Druid armor not Archer/Sentinel armor. Which means the guys wore it first.

Try again

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    its huntress kasparians armor, the nelf boss from ToS.
    Ah, if it's boss armour that really reduces the chance to see it available for mere players, shame.

Having the new/old archer set for light armour and this one for heavy armour would be so very awesome though, i never quite understood why Blizz doesn't make those sets available in the expansion after the relevant boss (Tempest keep mobs have a really cool red recolour of the Wrath set too :3 ), it's kind of a waste to just leave a set this awesome to metaphorically gather dust after one appearance...