Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    The only thing I look forward to is the leveling in the new zones and thats it.... I feel like content wise its going to be WoD tier.
    So, you made a title that doesn't fit your content of discussion?

Yes, it is hardly as hyped but that is also because people can't handle themselves. Too many get burnt on hype too often.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    They're in absolute fucking PANIC mode.

I can only assume someone with a fucking BRAIN took a look at Class Design and said:

"Is this a joke?"

How the fuck are they making SWEEPING class design changes 2 months out from release when we reported this shit the second Alpha launched. How is class design literally their LOWEST PRIORITY.

The sad fact is:

Some specs will get missed and be dumpster tier.
    Azerite is still shit and will remain shit.
    It is a scramble, because I have never seen a complete change of direction with class design in such a short time period. Consider that prepatch is less than a month away and class changes must be finalized in the next three weeks. Truly mind boggling that it took so long for someone higher up to kick them in the ooker to actually improve classes heading into BFA prepatch and expansion.

Deleted
    hype is a strong word.
    theres nothing in bfa that makes me jump out my chair with excitement.
    but im still looking forward to it, and it looks good in beta.
    i hope that bfa can rekindle pvp, legion was the worst pvp expac ever, but also the best pve expac ever imo.
    some say that bfa is just a legion reskin. whats wrong with that? if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    hype is a strong word.
    theres nothing in bfa that makes me jump out my chair with excitement.
    but im still looking forward to it, and it looks good in beta.
    i hope that bfa can rekindle pvp, legion was the worst pvp expac ever, but also the best pve expac ever imo.
    some say that bfa is just a legion reskin. whats wrong with that? if it aint broke, dont fix it.
    So you don't mind paying twice for the same product?

Calling BFA a legion reskin is laughable. You get all the new stuff you get every expansion, that alone does not make it a reskin. It would be reskin if we were the visit the same dungeons with a different coat of paint. In a reskin you also usually don't cut out gameplay, but even that is now at least hastily fixed.

Im looking forward to loot weapons again, was really boring to run around with 1 weapon for two years.

I pre-orded right after it came up.

That said, I am not hyped. Ofcourse I am going to play because I need something new. I used to watch alpha/beta runs for WoD. Seriously. Did some watching for Legion. Now I only read news. So I know more about coming book than expansion itself.

Perhaps it has more to do with little hype building on Blizzard's part. There were stuff building upto WoD. Even Legion has small trailer release plus big time per-launch.

Now no one knows or truly cares for 8.0!

THen again, I am busy fishing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logorrhea View Post
    if the product is good? not at all.
    i dont have to chew a different flavor of chewing gum, whenever a piece of gum have lost its flavor. as long as i like the flavor, im good.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    The Blizzard marketing department was basically told not to try this time around.

With sub numbers consistently plummeting this much, Blizzard basically decided to strip dowm expectations entirely and go for a low-budget expansion.

Blizzard has never really lost money on the game? but that money has never been reinvested. World of Warcraft was the "cash cow" for other projects like Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Overwatch, Hearthstone. With the success of Hearthstone Blizzard didn't need to rely on the World of Warcraft cash cow, so they're beginning to bury it.

Blizzard know they can make more profit if they spend less, mostly because the oblivious addicts will stay subscribed regardless, just believing it's a "dark time for the game"...but for these guys, the most oblivious, the most unready to accept Blizzard screwed up, them acknowledging Dark Times even exist would be like a week AFTER the game servers get canned entirely.

Blizzard can rake in cash without investing anything at all, and that is BfA.

Incidentally, Blizzard is likely going to use the exact same mentality when it comes to Classic, it's going to be an exercise in keeping people subscribed for as long as possible without new content.

BfA has the least content, has the least zones, has the least new mechanics, has the least everything.

Enjoy maxing out your artifact necklaces in 2 weeks and doing the same one warfront over and over again, sounds like Blizzard really cared!
    The fuck are you talking about? Subs are up in Legion, and BfA is selling higher than expected too. As per Blizzard's latest investor statement:

"World of Warcraft® over-performed versus the prior expansion at this point in time, with higher engagement sequentially and strong community participation with in-game purchases. Preorders for the upcoming expansion, Battle for Azeroth™, are ahead of plan."

As for the rest of your post:

>Least zones

6 zones. Going through the xpacs at launch, it was 7 zones, 8, 5, 6, 5, 5. So no, it is right in the middle.

>Least content

Incredibly nebulous, what do you mean by this? It launches with 10 dungeons, a lot of xpacs had 8; the zones are fucking massive, and you can go do the other 3 when you hit max level; and of course there's the normal raids, island expeditions of course, if you pvp there's a completely revamped wPVP system, and there's the continuation of Mythic dungeons.

>Least new mechanics

A complete AI overhaul, a complete WPVP overhaul, a profession overhaul and the usual class changes aren't enough for you?

Why don't you give some examples so that we can see whether you're talking out your ass or not?

This is the first time I've been interested in an expansion's storyline since I started playing in Wrath. Between that and the amount of feedback-based iteration they've been doing on specs in the last few weeks, I'm feeling pretty damn good about what is to come.

It's the 8th wow and the best they can come up with is "faction war" (that they are telling us) so, yes?

Whatever they're hiding, they are paying for it by not being forthcoming with it. They can decide for themselves if it was worth it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    The fuck are you talking about? Subs are up in Legion, and BfA is selling higher than expected too. As per Blizzard's latest investor statement:

"World of Warcraft® over-performed versus the prior expansion at this point in time, with higher engagement sequentially and strong community participation with in-game purchases. Preorders for the upcoming expansion, Battle for Azeroth™, are ahead of plan."

>Least zones

6 zones. Going through the xpacs at launch, it was 7 zones, 8, 5, 6, 5, 5. So no, it is right in the middle.

>Least content

Incredibly nebulous, what do you mean by this? It launches with 10 dungeons, a lot of xpacs had 8; the zones are fucking massive, and you can go do the other 3 when you hit max level; and of course there's the normal raids, island expeditions of course, if you pvp there's a completely revamped wPVP system, and there's the continuation of Mythic dungeons.

>Least new mechanics

A complete AI overhaul, a complete WPVP overhaul, a profession overhaul and the usual class changes aren't enough for you?

Why don't you give some examples so that we can see whether you're talking out your ass or not?
    He's retarded, don't bother arguing with him. He's just gonna call you a whiteknight or some shit for pointing out facts.

Versus Warlords anything is possible.

Massive zones screams empty zones to me.

You'll see how awesome the "AI overhaul" is when you play it and understand it's a bunch of static events, so that would can island expeditions, which most people so far have dismissed as bad content even on the first attempt. One island with repetition and forced replay-ability is sad.

Simplifying professions doesn't count as an overhaul, it's basically like giving up hope.

Class changes are abysmal and universally agreed to be downgrades.

"Completely revamped world PVP" Yeah, definitely dude. Just like Ashran.
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2018-06-10 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blahism View Post
    It's comments like this that make WOW suck. People like you need to learn to STFU and realize the world doesn't revolve around your opinion. Grow up. No one cares what you think and quite frankly, you come off as a snot nozed little brat who things calling people names proves anything but their own shortcomings. Why don't you go find another game to play, normal people are sick of your crap.

and yes, BFA feels like filler until Blizzard can change up its formula a bit.
    ... If no one cares, then how can my comment and opinions make a multi-million dollar franchise "suck"...? Top marks for the irony of your post however, made me chuckle.

And how about, the people whom derive so little enjoyment from WoW that they make up reasons to be outraged and only spew negative BS year after year, go find another game to play? But, trying to argue logic with someone like you who feels shit that's never been real, is a waste of time I suppose.

There's never been a filler expansion for WoW, never will be one. And we know 2 things about BfA's "hype":

1. The announcement trailer raked up record numbers of views whilst at the same time holding immensely favorable reactions.

2. The sales are ahead of plan, aka they've sold more than anticipated.

3. They're not changing the Legion formula in terms of regular content updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logorrhea View Post
    Lol.

Welcome to World of Warcraft since 2004. The real innovation past the raid-or-die dungeon route formula, came with MoP. They dropped the ball for WoD, and then picked it up again and went way beyond with Legion.

BfA will have the same design philosophies (regular content, variety of content) but with different settings and story. And no, it won't be about the faction war and the faction war alone.

Also, never to forget the MMO-C Doomsayer logic: When an expansion has a lot of different entirely new things, like Legion, it's due to "Them scrambling for ways to keep players without having a real direction for the game!!".

When an expansion brings forth systems implemented in a successful previous expansion plus some new things, it's "barebones filler with less effort put into it".

Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-06-10 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted

There is so much wrong in this post I can barely read it.

First, not even once Blizzard said subs are up in Legion, and most likely they are not. They may be equal, higher or lower to WoD (the "prior expansion" that had the lowest sub numbers in WoW history), but we won't ever know because they stopped reporting subs and switched instead to a "time played" metric. This means that subs numbers may be at an all time low but those playing are in front of the screen for so many hours a day that the OVERALL time played is higher than ever.
    For example, an expansion with 7M subs playing 2 hours a day would result in less "time played/month" than an expansion with 3M subs playing 6 hours a day. It's not surprising since the community has been very vocal about Legion long and infinite grind systems and rng studied with the sole purpose of having people play more.

Second, "preorders are ahead of plan" is a void statement from Blizzard, if not an outright joke. If they expected 500K preorders in the first 3 months, and instead got 600K, it would still be ahead of plan, but would be a poor result nontheless.

>Least new mechanics

Mobs AI didn't get overhauled, it just got slight changes and additions here and there but fundamentally it's still the same as ever. I'm in beta and I would have never noticed without reading some comments on wowhead first.
    Professions got squished, not overhauled. The way they work is still the same as ever.
    Class design is objectively going backwards, despite all the idiots defending that shit.

War Mode, Island Expeditions and Warfronts are the only things BFA is adding, and at least from my testing Islands and Warfronts are dull and will become old after a month of release. War Mode without a doubt will be interesting for a specific kind of players, but at a fundamental level is nothing more than a switch for wpvp.

If you want some examples, in comparison Legion brought us: legendaries, artifacts, m+ system, class specific campaings and orders, world quest system, zone scaling, invasion system. As an extra, it also saw the most extensive class design overhaul in the last years, and gave us a new class.
    If all of this was good or bad, for better or wrost, it's up to the players, but it's undeniable that BFA is on the poor side when it comes to additions.

I have a good feeling about BfA. For me BfA is like MoP I had zero hype going into MoP but ended up really enjoining it. Otherwise no real hype for this expansion, the reason probably being that BfA had the worst pitch ever in last year's Blizzcon.

>Least zones

>Least content

>Least new mechanics

Nowhere does it say "subs" are up - Higher engagement =/ Sub numbers.

They can be talking about overall playtime or time played per player or other metrics
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I look forward to is the leveling in the new zones and thats it.... I feel like content wise its going to be WoD tier.
    Nope.
    literally you are doing nothing but make people more excited, because why would anyone want to agree with "this sucks end of story"

- - - Updated - - -

Stop being so toxic and angry, it makes you look silly.
    *Toxic and silly.* You are the one making a thread that is literally just "I think its bad, cause reasons, you are stupid if you dont agree with me."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    "Are you daft or something ?" is an insult. I'm going to stop responding to you now because this is off topic from the thread and is pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you are right.
    the thread itself literally has no topic other then "I havent played BFA but its shit"
    which is literally a none topic.

here is my next thread idea

America sucks
    I think america sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Just what is this expansion about anyway?
    - not about legion
    - not about lichking
    - not about deathwing
    - not about panda and that thunder king
    - not about time travel / garrosh

Please don't tell me this expansion is about fake-2-sides Tauren druid somehow wanting to murder human paladin because the undead queen said so... The Naga thing wasn't even pushed to the front, nor the voidlords... Except just that one image of that naga queen. No wonder this expansion is not hyped. Thread highly justified.

People really not to stop being so defensive. BFA could be terrific. That's not the point of the query. The point is, outside of WOW players, there seems to be zero marketing with a release date of only two months away.