Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I noticed that after they announced it would be up for awhile before its removal, that it took longer for the tower to be rebuilt then it did before. Maybe they want to be loose with announcing dates because they don't want people to stop building it in the meantime. My best guess anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen 'At' prepatch in all the messaging about this.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=4#post-63

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I've heard and had the belief it'll be during pre-patch, hence it'll be up the whole time.
    No, it will be removed at the pre-patch. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=4#post-63. It wouldn't make much sense to have the challenge up for a month where the artifact bonuses are gone, and talents and spells aren't balanced. Some challenges could become essentially impossible, or others might turn into a freebie. As for when everyday is mage tower day begins, I don't think blizzard has said anything more concrete than "before the end".

People still don't have all their mage towers done?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    No, it will be removed at the pre-patch. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=4#post-63. It wouldn't make much sense to have the challenge up for a month where the artifact bonuses are gone, and talents and spells aren't balanced. Some challenges could become essentially impossible, or others might turn into a freebie. As for when everyday is mage tower day begins, I don't think blizzard has said anything more concrete than "before the end".
    Well, if that is so, then I guess you'll only get two-three weeks or so with ye tower, heh.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, as said, it'll most likely be up permanently at pre-patch launch and till expansion release.
    Don't spread misinformation. Someone can take your word and screw up.

We have PTR now. In 8.0 both achievements for challenge skin are Feat of Strength. If you don't have base skin, you can't even see preview on artifact forge, all row is greyed out. Also quests for it are removed from your log.

Pre-patch will launch either 10th or 17th, I don't think any other option is possible. So Mage Tower may be pernament any time. If they annouced it, I think they are sure it's easy to implement for technical point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't spread misinformation. Someone can take your word and screw up.

We have PTR now. In 8.0 both achievements for challenge skin are Feat of Strength. If you don't have base skin, you can't even see preview on artifact forge, all row is greyed out. Also quests for it are removed from your log.

Pre-patch will launch either 10th or 17th, I don't think any other option is possible. So Mage Tower may be pernament any time. If they annouced it, I think they are sure it's easy to implement for technical point of view.
    Wasn't spreading misinformation. Was speculation, that is what this thread was about. Just like we don't know how much time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yes this confirms what I said---the OP asked if it would be going away at the pre-patch, and the blue poster said it'll be the pre-patch. Therefore it won't be going away Before the pre-patch, but At the pre-patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Yes this confirms what I said---the OP asked if it would be going away at the pre-patch, and the blue poster said it'll be the pre-patch. Therefore it won't be going away Before the pre-patch, but At the pre-patch.
    If you read correctly, i wasn't asking if it's going on pre-patch

It doesnt add up. I think they will spring a surprise and make mage tower up for the first month of BfA.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    We probably get prepatch in a month so it has to be soon since you can't get any base skins from the tower when the prepatch is launched.

Looks like Blizz is going to renege on its promise to leave the Mage Tower up until prelaunch.

The Mage Tower is about to be destroyed on US servers and if will not prolly be up again until 8-9 days times by then it will nearly be July!

Quote Originally Posted by Yehat View Post
    Looks like Blizz is going to renege on its promise to leave the Mage Tower up until prelaunch.

The Mage Tower is about to be destroyed on US servers and if will not prolly be up again until 8-9 days times by then it will nearly be July!
    IIRC the NPC being permanently up isn't going to be tied to the Mage Tower being up or not. So there's nothing to stop them enabling it next reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    IIRC the NPC being permanently up isn't going to be tied to the Mage Tower being up or not. So there's nothing to stop them enabling it next reset.
    That would be the best solution and maybe they will i guess we will find out when MT is destroyed in 6 hours time.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    If you read correctly, i wasn't asking if it's going on pre-patch

Ohhh for some reason I thought you were saying it would go away before the pre-patch xD whoops lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It doesnt add up. I think they will spring a surprise and make mage tower up for the first month of BfA.
    rofl no way dude you're free to have your own head canon but it's going to be gone with pre-patch just like challenge mode dungeon armoar/weapons. + if you could do it at 120 with a much higher ilvl as well it'd just be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    They can't since mage tower challenges are based on current class design and it's going to change a lot in the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    Just wanted to point out that while Mage Tower is indeed ending with the pre-patch, the artifact bonuses do not go away until BFA launch, at that point it just becomes a weapon with no traits.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Just wanted to point out that while Mage Tower is indeed ending with the pre-patch, the artifact bonuses do not go away until BFA launch, at that point it just becomes a weapon with no traits.
    Aren't artifacts greyed out on the PTR though? Pre-patch has all of the systems changes, so it would make sense.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

It IS removed on pre-patch
    No, it will be removed BEFORE the pre-patch.
    much confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    much confusion
    My bad, it's on pre-patch day, corrected.