View Poll Results: Should children be separated from adults in detention facilities?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes

94 32.75%
  • No

193 67.25%
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Well, it's not about hating freedom. I would rather argue that it's about loving freedom, but understanding that freedom to do most things comes at the cost of broad social agreements not to do some things.
    But it is calling for the restrictions of actions that are not causing harm. It's a net reduction of freedom, so it is going against freedom, not in favor of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    We're a country of laws, if you go an rob someones house they'll take your kids too...you had the freedom to do it...it doesn't mean you should.
    Once again, thanks for proving my point for me. Your anti-freedom stance is quite obvious.

California liberals say that every time they push gun restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But it is calling for the restrictions of actions that are not causing harm. It's a net reduction of freedom, so it is going against freedom, not in favor of it.
    It actually causes harm...you just can't see past your nose to see it. You need to look at the big picture which you're clearly incapable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Why is it that we don't house children and adults in the same prison facilities?
    Why are we keeping their children when we deport their parents?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The law should be followed and enforced with immigration. It can be a bitter pill to swallow, but is necessary.
    You sound like someone who would support Nazi policies because it's "the law" and "should be enforced".

Just because something is the law does not mean it's ethically and morally sound or the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    haha, no. thats not even the same. again, if you want to debate gun control start a new thread and lets do so, you are just derailing this topic by screaming ignorance with each post you make.

i dont want to restrict immigration to death as you put it, i want our laws to be followed, because you are not covered by our constitution until you are here legally. dont want your child to be separated from you? then reconsider your decision to cross the border illegally. in a very dire situation? there are means of seeking help in all manner of ways, try doing so. but we are not talking about the tiny fraction of families in such a dire situation. the majority of families are not trying to escape direness, they are just assuming its ok to hop the border and do whatthefuckevertheywant.
    I'm merely pointing out how similar you guys are to California liberals. If you don't like the analogy, then stop being like them. They say the same shit evey time they push gun restrictions in that state.

How very authoritarian of you. You should go take some more freedoms while you are at it. I'll be over here supporting individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets.

It actually causes harm...you just can't see past your nose to see it. You need to look at the big picture which you're clearly incapable of.
    Crossing an invisible line in the desert causes harm?

Tell me more.

So you just want anyone coming in here without proper vetting? People that could be trafficking these children? It's not like these kids are living in cages...they're actually taken care of pretty decently while their parents are being held. Does it suck, sure...but it's the current policy and if it means less sex trafficking of children then so be it.
    Are you deprived of the ability to read? this has nothing to do with what I said, before May people were taken vetted, processed then either deported or go through the application process. Trump changed the way the system processes people now all kids with parents are split before processing, learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    That invisible line has a family, Machismo.
    It is quite cross, that line that was crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Are you deprived of the ability to read? this has nothing to do with what I said, before May people were taken vetted, processed then either deported or go through the application process. Trump changed the way the system processes people now all kids with parents are split before processing, learn to read.
    Okay, well it's not before May anymore...maybe you should try to understand that things have changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Should they be separated from their parents? No.

Should they be separated from random unrelated adults? Yes.
    and the issue is identiying these 2 differences. The best way to do that is to seperate at the start. Find out if they are indead the actuall parrents then reunite them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    and the issue is identiying these 2 differences. The best way to do that is to seperate at the start. Find out if they are indead the actuall parrents then reunite them.
    These kids just don't understand and think we hate Mexicans cause we're okay with preventing human trafficking.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    You three obviously don't understand that you can be in a situation so bad that anything is better. But no where in the LAW or any precedent where kids taken from their parents on arrival in the USA until dickhead trump and his racist buddies decided that would be a great idea.
    So stop the sanctimonious "it's the law" bullshit. I don't care if they do get sent back because yes they are "illegal" but separating children that young is wrong 100% of the time end of story.
    Anyone who doesn't see that is a heartless son of a bitch
    So its racist to want to keep children from becoming slaves and sold into slavery? And you support child slaves? Gotcha. Good to know where your morals are. Trump is a racist to you but children slaves are ok in your book.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok let's be clear, THERE IS NO LAW THIS IS JUSTICE ADMINISTRATION POLICY THAT IS A BOLD FACE TRUMP LIE.
    did trump create human trafficking as well?

- - - Updated - - -

then maby the parrents shouldnt come into the fucking country illegally.

So its racist to want to keep children from becoming slaves and sold into slavery? And you support child slaves? Gotcha. Good to know where your morals are. Trump is a racist to you but children slaves are ok in your book.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, he is friends with Jeffrey Epstein, so who knows.

He also likes to import foreign brides...

That brain fart is so far from rational conversation I don't even understand what you are trying to say.
    Try to sound coherent next time, you may have been posting to much to make sense anymore..10k jezus.

see, your clueless and have no idea what the fuck your talking about. Why dont you stop foaming at the mouth and use your brain and go see why they seperate children. Or is drooling like a fool here infront of everyone what you would rather do.
    According to the National Review, "The idea is to send a signal that we are serious about our laws and to create a deterrent against re-entry." That's a pretty monstrous thing to do in the name of deterrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Crossing an invisible line in the desert causes harm?

Tell me more.
    Just becuase its an invisible line to you doesnt mean its not a real line. Are you ok with me setting up camp in your front yard? Its just an invisible line. How about drinking your water and using your sewage, its just natural stuff. Sorry but there are countries, there are borders and there are laws. If you dont like that then your welcome to leave.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So, it's not really about sex trafficking. You got caught being disingenuous. Back to focusing on new talking points from Breitbart.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you my friend.

no one has the right to immigrate, everyone entering illegal can be deported. I dont have a right to move to canada.

Conservatives don't want to take your rights and freedoms away...that's the Liberals.
    They both do, they just want to take away different rights.