View Poll Results: Should children be separated from adults in detention facilities?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes

94 32.75%
  • No

193 67.25%
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's temporary, I think they can handle it. Again, don't enter illegally don't get separated from your kids. If you try knowing you can get separated, you're a shitty parent, well you're a shitty parent for doing illegal shit to begin with.
    Again it still doesn't fit the crime. How is committing a misdemeanor justify taking away someones kids?

Only someone who is morally bankrupt would even remotely find this acceptable.
    Last edited by Hobb; 2018-06-18 at 08:50 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Let me educate you this only applies if people are put in prison and it only applied under Obama when people were caught at first released with a warning and got caught again. Before you call people ignorant maybe pull your head out of your ass and look up the information. These people are now being process under prison rules which is why they have to split the kids under the new zero tolerance policy enacted by Trump. Again THERE ARE NO FEDERAL LAWS MANDATING WE SPLIT CHILDREN OF EVERYONE COMING TO THE BORDER INCLUDING ASYLUM SEEKERS.

Also as Genn already pointed out this

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...rce=reddit.com
    Not true. Not sure where you are getting your facts, but they are wrong. Stop listening to the liberal media and use your own brain.

Check out Flores vs Reno, which states that unaccompanied minors couldn't be held in detention beyond 20 days.
    Then the wonderful 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled than no child (accompanied or not) couldn't be detained more than 20 days. Thus while the parents were still being processed, the kids needed to be separated as per court order. Note, if the parents decide to leave the country voluntarily, their children could accompany them. Also, if they crossed legally and asked for asylum, then kids and parents are not split up.

Your are correct, there are no Federal Laws mandating that we split children from parents. These rules were legislated from the bench by liberal courts.
    If you are angry (and you seem that you are), put the blame where it belongs: on people illegally sneaking into the country and the liberal judges that mandated the separation.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Why can't you comprehend if you don't do illegal shit it won't happen? It's pretty easy to prevent. That would never happen to my child because I would never do illegal shit.
    If only those Jews had followed the rules and worn their star. They'd still be alive today. If only those gypsies had moved off the sidewalk when the officer told them to, they wouldn't be lying there. It's their fault, they didn't listen.

What you're doing is a very common human behavior. You see something that's clearly bad or wrong but you want there to be a logic to what's happening. Some rational way by which this would never happen to you, because you are the master of your own destiny right? Well I've got some bad news for you: the world doesn't always work like that. Very often the world throws curveballs and if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time you get hit and there isn't shit you can do about it.

There were plenty of Jews who tried their hardest to acquiesce to Nazi laws. You'll find their monument at Auschwitz or Treblinka or Sobibor along with all the others.

Read the Wikipedia article on victim blaming and note the resemblance to your argument. "These kids deserved inhumane treatment, because of X". It just doesn't work man.
    Last edited by Warning; 2018-06-18 at 08:54 PM.

It's temporary, I think they can handle it. Again, don't enter illegally don't get separated from your kids. If you try knowing you can get separated, you're a shitty parent, well you're a shitty parent for doing illegal shit to begin with.
    Thanks for admitting it's for nothing more than to punish people. At least w're past the bullshit line about it being an attempt to protect kids.

At least the lies are gone, and it's little more than pure sadism towards small children.

Anothony Scaramucci decides to stick his cock up every Trump Cultist's ass, which is hilarious.

I mean... he has a point. But then again, the wicked people defending this, including in this very thread, aren't interested in being consistent. They're being evil on purpose.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Illegal entry is a just a misdemeanor crime and should be handled like past presidents did, both republican and democrat, which is hold together to process and send back. Unless they are wanted for another crime, in which case they are arrested and prosecuted.
    They can no longer do this because of a ruling by the 9th circuit appeals court.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    If only those Jews had followed the rules and worn their star. They'd still be alive today. If only those gypsies had moved off the sidewalk when the officer told them to, they wouldn't be lying there. It's their fault, they didn't listen.

What you're doing is a very common human behavior. You see something that's clearly bad or wrong but you want there to be a logic to what's happening. Some rational way by which this would never happen to you, because you are the master of your own destiny right? Well I've got some bad news for you: the world doesn't always work like that. Very often the world throws curveballs and if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time you get hit and there isn't shit you can do about it.

There were plenty of Jews who tried their hardest to acquiesce to Nazi laws. You'll find their monument at Auschwitz or Treblinka or Sobibor along with all the others.
    You are really going to go there? You are shameless. You are attempting to find moral equivalence between Hitler systematically killing Jews and the US protecting our Sovereign border?!?

The funny thing is that Hitler stole the wealth from the Jews and illegal immigrants are stealing wealth from taxpaying Americans. If anything it is the exact opposite situation except non of the illegals aliens are getting gassed.

Truly shameful of you.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Read the Wikipedia article on victim blaming and note the resemblance to your argument. "These kids deserved inhumane treatment, because of X". It just doesn't work man.
    Did you fail history to compare Jews to illegal immigrants? This is a piss poor argument. If the Mexican government was slaughtering their citizens then yeah, let them in. What kind of ignorant history do they teach kids these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    They can no longer do this because of a ruling by the 9th circuit appeals court.

- - - Updated - - -

You are really going to go there? You are shameless. You are attempting to find moral equivalence between Hitler systematically killing Jews and the US protecting our Sovereign border?!?

The funny thing is that Hitler stole the wealth from the Jews and illegal immigrants are stealing wealth from taxpaying Americans. If anything it is the exact opposite situation except non of the illegals aliens are getting gassed.

Truly shameful of you.
    Well, the sheer joy from the conservatives sure is eerily similar to those views expressed by all the Nazi sympathizers back then. They wanted to punish the Jews, and dehumanize them. They wanted to strip them of their humanity and their dignity.

As for illegal immigrant "stealing wealth." Maybe you shouldn't support a welfare state. It sure seems like the authoritarian conservatives are the ones trying to use the government to steal wealth.

Yes and no. For those being prosecuted children would be separated, but under past presidents of both sides unless the person in question had a criminal background they we're not charged. Instead they were processed and sent back.

Under Trump however he's prosecuting everyone, instead of only those with criminal backgrounds. Thus causing this current situation.

In short it's not because Trump has to do it this way, it's instead because Trump chooses to do it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Are you ok with having absolute truths in society? Rights and wrongs? Are you ok with consequences for your actions, regardless of their intentions?
    What does that have to do with my question, though?

- - - Updated - - -

Truly shameful of you.
    Get the hell off that high horse before its owner finds you. You Trumptown cultists are justifying inhumane treatment of kids because of the perceived offense of their parents. Equivalence doesn't need to be found, its staring us right in the god damned face every time you people bring up the same "befehl ist befehl" logic that sunk the defendants at Neurenberg. You created equivalence when you put innocent fking KIDS into camps, away from their parents. I'll go there every damned day until this shit is done, because I wouldn't be worth jack shit if I didn't speak out against this atrocity.
    Last edited by Warning; 2018-06-18 at 09:16 PM.

Not true. Not sure where you are getting your facts, but they are wrong. Stop listening to the liberal media and use your own brain.

Check out Flores vs Reno, which states that unaccompanied minors couldn't be held in detention beyond 20 days.
    Then the wonderful 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled than no child (accompanied or not) couldn't be detained more than 20 days. Thus while the parents were still being processed, the kids needed to be separated as per court order. Note, if the parents decide to leave the country voluntarily, their children could accompany them. Also, if they crossed legally and asked for asylum, then kids and parents are not split up.

Your are correct, there are no Federal Laws mandating that we split children from parents. These rules were legislated from the bench by liberal courts.
    If you are angry (and you seem that you are), put the blame where it belongs: on people illegally sneaking into the country and the liberal judges that mandated the separation.
    That settlement did not state that you need to break up immigrant families also business insider is not liberal media. That case gave the government the option to choose how to process people including THE OPTION OF BREAKING UP FAMILIES. I don't even know why you are arguing, JEFF SESSIONS IS ON VIDEO SAYING THAT HE PUT THIS POLICY IN PLACE AS A DETERRENT AGAIN THIS ADMINISTRATION CHOSE THIS.

This is from May from your favorite channel

Did you fail history to compare Jews to illegal immigrants? This is a piss poor argument. If the Mexican government was slaughtering their citizens then yeah, let them in. What kind of ignorant history do they teach kids these days?
    Roughly 5 people have explained to you why you cannot kidnap kids and put them into concentration camps, no matter what their parents did. For a woke independent you sure do a fine job of managing to come across as having your eyes closed. And you still haven't finished the article I told you to read, so speaking of education you're failing yours. I give you an F, keep this up and I'll give you the remaining 6 letters as well.

Roughly 5 people have explained to you why you cannot kidnap kids and put them into concentration camps, no matter what their parents did. For a woke independent you sure do a fine job of managing to come across as having your eyes closed. And you still haven't finished the article I told you to read, so speaking of education you're failing yours. I give you an F, keep this up and I'll give you the remaining 6 letters as well.
    a-i-l-u-r-e?

It's sad you can't comprehend, don't do X crime and you won't get Y punished.
    It's sad you can't comprehend that the issue isn't getting punished for a crime, but rather this specific punishment.

Let's say this again for the people in the back - this is a misdemeanor we are talking about. Ripping families apart for a misdemeanor is cruel, inhumane, and repugnant. Though to be clear ripping families apart for crossing the border illegally seems pretty damn cruel, inhumane, and repugnant to me regardless.

If you can't come up with a more reasonable way to enforce a law you have bigger issues than immigration that you might want to work on first.

Or like others have said, get rid of the law that you are using as a shield and just get over it.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" doesn't really seem like something this policy is upholding in the slightest.

Yeah clearly you have no concept of how traumatizing this could be to a kid. This sounds like the logic of a person who is okay with kicking a dog because they'll get over it in a day or so.

I'll say what I said in the other thread: taking the kid away from the parent when the parent would rather them both just be deported might as well be kidnapping.

I mean, can you blame her? This has been a PR disaster for the Trump Administration. THe polls are badly against it. It's going to wipe out Republican moderates in the midterms.

Everything Trump Touches Dies, Sarah.

It's temporary, I think they can handle it.
    Yeah those 1 - 10 year old among them need toughen up and stop being babies

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

I mean, can you blame her? This has been a PR disaster for the Trump Administration. THe polls are badly against it. It's going to wipe out Republican moderates in the midterms.

Everything Trump Touches Dies, Sarah.
    Makes sense, she's repeatedly brought attention to her children and motherhood. Not even Neo could dodge the fire she was about to be under.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Are you ok with having absolute truths in society? Rights and wrongs? Are you ok with consequences for your actions, regardless of their intentions?
    I don't know. Let's ask Joe Arpaio.

Because as is the case with most issues, there are no absolute truths here. The Trump administration sends a message with its choices in not only how, but where they enforce border policies, just as they sent a message with their choice to pardon Arpaio.

"An influx of brown people is a threat to our view of America, and we will take any and all actions to stop them."
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.